This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2018

Started Dec 2, 2018 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 432
This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2018

Welcome to another monthly thread! Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2018: Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
1 year ago

Love birds

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,168
Some older stuff

finally off crutches but the weather isn't very good, so not much photography going on here

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
bertjefred
bertjefred Forum Member • Posts: 93
Just fooling around.

With the cat and the sb-n5. The room was actually pretty well lit and off course did not directly hit the cat with the flash.

bertjefred's gear list:bertjefred's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8
ColdEd Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2018

Walking through a local park, I spied this last leaf just hanging on, but not for much longer. The back lit presentation highlighted the "veins" of the leaf. Taken with Nikon 1 J5, CX 30-110mm lens.

ColdEd's gear list:ColdEd's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
ColdEd Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Some older stuff

Great aircraft photos! I now use the Nikon 1 for all my air show photos due to the extremely fast auto focus and convenience of carrying two cameras and lenses (J5 and V2) in a lightweight fanny pack slung over my shoulder.

ColdEd's gear list:ColdEd's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 1,540
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - December 2018

More Autumn/Winter colours. These are jpeg’s straight out of the camera (a little cropping) I love the jpeg’s From the V1. Normally I sharpen a little and add a little contrast but often they need no processing

I also think that if I could keep just one lens it would be the 18.5, on the V1 it is a super walk round combination.

Wu Jiaqiu

ColdEd wrote:

Great aircraft photos! I now use the Nikon 1 for all my air show photos due to the extremely fast auto focus and convenience of carrying two cameras and lenses (J5 and V2) in a lightweight fanny pack slung over my shoulder.

cheers, it works very well for aviation especially if you need a longer reach

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Miss tilly

Great shots, I particularly like number 3, are they D Day identification stripes? Dakota’s?

I love aeroplane pictures when done well, thank you for posting.

regards

Gary

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,432
Old stuff, but never processed before...

Found that one in my archives. I never paid any attention to it. I think it was worth sharing. C&C welcome, of course.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
Wu Jiaqiu

Miss tilly wrote:

Great shots, I particularly like number 3, are they D Day identification stripes? Dakota’s?

I love aeroplane pictures when done well, thank you for posting.

regards

Gary

cheers, the Dakotas were part of a D Day event at the imperial war museum at Duxford, very good day out

Miss tilly
Re: Old stuff, but never processed before...

André, that is a stunning capture. Do I detect a little fear in those eyes? Well done, usual high quality.

regards

Gary.

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,432
Re: Old stuff, but never processed before...

Miss tilly wrote:

André, that is a stunning capture. Do I detect a little fear in those eyes? Well done, usual high quality.

regards

Gary.

Thanks Gary. I like your question, because that's exactly what this photo is all about. Fear? anger? We don't know. We'll never know...

Regards

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
MarcoGV Junior Member • Posts: 28
Bird of Prey

This photo was taken in Anniston, Alabama, on December 2.  Outside the Anniston Natural Science Museum, there is a path with owls and other birds of prey in cages (sadly).  Unfortunately, I do not remember what type of bird this one is.

MarcoGV's gear list:MarcoGV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S02 Nikon 1 S1 Nikon 1 J4 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +1 more
iserp Junior Member • Posts: 34
Macro Flowers

Hi, i just registered, but i've been shooting 2 years with my J5 and come here from time to time to check on tips and your photos.

Last weekend  I went hiking and I found these small pink flowers, a nice opportunity to use my extension tubes!

Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Re: Macro Flowers

Welcome to the forum iserp.

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 5,936
Granddaughter

She is the one not in a box

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
wolfie
wolfie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,938
AW-1 still going under ...

and leaping into action

Really is the best camera I've ever had for fishing - waterproof, fast AF and great fps.

Nothing else touches it!

-- hide signature --

Shoot the Light fantastic
https://aucklandswoffer.wordpress.com

wolfie's gear list:wolfie's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon 1 AW1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Sangster Contributing Member • Posts: 986
A day with grandma

Still processing the recent holiday photos. Here is one that I hope you will find interesting.

I spotted them at the Ming era East Gate into Jianshui. The town became an important political, military, economical, cultural center of south Yunnan since Yuan Dynasty (Kublai Khan and his sons) as it is located very close to the Vietnamese border.

The little girl was pretty wired after drinking the beverage.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Miss tilly
Re: A day with grandma

Interesting, don’t know if you noticed the lower half of a real person matches almost perfectly with the upper half on the advertising board.

thanks for posting, look forward to seeing ore.

regards

Gary.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads