Picture sigma new ff?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
sroomsd Junior Member • Posts: 33
Picture sigma new ff?

Is this sigma new ff camera? Picture is our a newsletter from sigma benelux

 sroomsd's gear list:sroomsd's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma sd Quattro H Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +4 more
FDecker Senior Member • Posts: 1,726
No

If you look closely, you can see that the picture shows the 56mm DC lens which is for APS-C cameras.

tagscuderia
tagscuderia Senior Member • Posts: 1,364
Re: Picture sigma new ff?
1

Olympus OM-D E-M1?

 tagscuderia's gear list:tagscuderia's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 1,838
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

tagscuderia wrote:

Olympus OM-D E-M1?

tagscuderia,

Agreed.

S

 Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +3 more
Barrie_Grieve Regular Member • Posts: 144
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

Lightened the image a little and looked through most of the images of DSLR's in Google, I couldn't find a match.

 Barrie_Grieve's gear list:Barrie_Grieve's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma SD1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +2 more
FDecker Senior Member • Posts: 1,726
Re: Picture sigma new ff?
3

tagscuderia already identified it. It's an Olympus OM-D1 Mk II.

Barrie_Grieve Regular Member • Posts: 144
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

It will probably be a slightly bigger version of the current SD Quattro minus the protruding lens mount which will now be the L-mount. My best guess is that  we'll see a mock up or prototype at CP+  next year .

 Barrie_Grieve's gear list:Barrie_Grieve's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma SD1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +2 more
tagscuderia
tagscuderia Senior Member • Posts: 1,364
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

FDecker wrote:

tagscuderia already identified it. It's an Olympus OM-D1 Mk II.

Just to show Olympus the respect that they deserve, it's the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II; the lock button on the mode dial being the obvious physical differentiator to the original.

 tagscuderia's gear list:tagscuderia's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 15,149
Re: Picture sigma new ff?
1

tagscuderia wrote:

FDecker wrote:

tagscuderia already identified it. It's an Olympus OM-D1 Mk II.

Just to show Olympus the respect that they deserve, it's the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II; the lock button on the mode dial being the obvious physical differentiator to the original.

Impressive, the almost pedantic respect given to the Olympus naming ...

Now, where did I put my SD-q/h ??

-- hide signature --

Ted

 xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 +16 more
tagscuderia
tagscuderia Senior Member • Posts: 1,364
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

xpatUSA wrote:

tagscuderia wrote:

FDecker wrote:

tagscuderia already identified it. It's an Olympus OM-D1 Mk II.

Just to show Olympus the respect that they deserve, it's the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II; the lock button on the mode dial being the obvious physical differentiator to the original.

Impressive, the almost pedantic respect given to the Olympus naming ...

Now, where did I put my SD-q/h ??

Haha, quite so. It amused me that FDecker's post had 3 "likes" despite getting the name wrong.

SIGMA get the same respect however I do allow myself to write SD1M versus SD1Merrill for the sake of brevity. Despicable behaviour, I clearly don't deserve the fabled SD-q/ff L

 tagscuderia's gear list:tagscuderia's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
FDecker Senior Member • Posts: 1,726
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

tagscuderia wrote:

xpatUSA wrote:

tagscuderia wrote:

FDecker wrote:

tagscuderia already identified it. It's an Olympus OM-D1 Mk II.

Just to show Olympus the respect that they deserve, it's the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II; the lock button on the mode dial being the obvious physical differentiator to the original.

Impressive, the almost pedantic respect given to the Olympus naming ...

Now, where did I put my SD-q/h ??

Haha, quite so. It amused me that FDecker's post had 3 "likes" despite getting the name wrong.

SIGMA get the same respect however I do allow myself to write SD1M versus SD1Merrill for the sake of brevity. Despicable behaviour, I clearly don't deserve the fabled SD-q/f

Isn‘t that a bit ambivalent?

And sorry for getting the likes which you deserved. At least I mentioned that you already identified the camera (almost correctly).

tagscuderia
tagscuderia Senior Member • Posts: 1,364
Re: Picture sigma new ff?

FDecker wrote:

Haha, quite so. It amused me that FDecker's post had 3 "likes" despite getting the name wrong.

SIGMA get the same respect however I do allow myself to write SD1M versus SD1Merrill for the sake of brevity. Despicable behaviour, I clearly don't deserve the fabled SD-q/f

Isn‘t that a bit ambivalent?

Ambivalent how?

And sorry for getting the likes which you deserved. At least I mentioned that you already identified the camera (almost correctly).

Oh dear, there was no slight intended nor do I give 2 hoots about "likes." You got the name wrong, I corrected it — but I'd have thought that the tone in my reply to Ted was clear, this forum needs a sense of humour.

 tagscuderia's gear list:tagscuderia's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads