Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

Started 6 months ago | Polls
celestialemissary
celestialemissary Contributing Member • Posts: 622
Re: Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

John Motts wrote:

celestialemissary wrote:

Platinum_Jello wrote:

If they know what they're doing they'll keep it separate/keep the X-T line lean and mean for stills shooters. That said, so many people are crapping their pants over this and flippy flappy vanity screens, they'll probably eventually cave. Then we'll have the same features on every model and you'll have your choice if 10 different versions of the same camera.

Yeah those people only think about them selfs.
Every camera has to be great for vlogging (even if it's 1.4gb fullframe beast) and it need to have that stupid screen.
No thanks

When you say "no thanks" does that mean that you're thinking of yourself?

No. There are many cameras that have articulating screen but those people are saying that should be the only type of screen on the market.

If you are behind the camera all the time regular tiltscreen is better since it's faster to use. Flip it up or flip it down and that is it. With articulating screen you have to first move it to the side and than flip it up or down (and it's not centered with the camera and the lens)

I like Tony and Chelsea but they make vlogging such a big thing in their reivew like every person today is vlogging with 1kg+ camera setup so every camera has to be perfect for it from tiny compact to heavy full frame camera.

He is talking about new Panasonic Fullframe mirrorless that " could have been real 4k vlogging camera"   and IMO those cameras look huge. Why would you vlogg with those ?

celestialemissary's gear list:celestialemissary's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Lettermanian
Lettermanian Senior Member • Posts: 1,235

Jerry-astro wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

solamnus wrote:

MrSee wrote:

Who cares. IBIS is not the be all end all!

Its like when the remote control was invented, everyone could switch the tv on before that, then after if they could not find it suddenly switching the tv on was very tough! 😂

now no one can use cameras if its not included🙈

That is correct. I have the XT-3 waiting at home. But I will never shoot it because it does not have IBIS.

Are you guys following the logic here?

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Hmm, so lets go over the “logic” together. You bought an X-T3 full well knowing it didn’t have IBIS, thus planning to use it as a doorstop, perhaps?

So, no, the logic is completely escaping me. Perhaps you can explain further.

It's the latest acquisition for the future San Antonio Fuji Museum. I know that I'll go. I can't wait to see the "lost 10-24mm" display. 😬

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +7 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 12,827

Lettermanian wrote:

It's the latest acquisition for the future San Antonio Fuji Museum. I know that I'll go. I can't wait to see the "lost 10-24mm" display. 😬

Well, if the focus of the museum will be on camera equipment, I can imagine a better donor to get their collection started.  It could be one of the few places in existence that have a display of just about every lens that Fuji makes (except that lost 10-24 of course).

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Lettermanian
Lettermanian Senior Member • Posts: 1,235

Jerry-astro wrote:

Lettermanian wrote:

Well, if the focus of the museum will be on camera equipment, I can imagine a better donor to get their collection started. It could be one of the few places in existence that have a display of just about every lens that Fuji makes (except that lost 10-24 of course).

Oops, I meant the Mystery of the Misplaced Mighty 16. I think the 10-24 is still available for display. I've heard the cost of admission will include the opportunity to have an IBIS argument with the head curator...

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +7 more
maxxxx Contributing Member • Posts: 704

tokumeino wrote:

It' a pitty that DPR didn't exist when AF has been invented. I'm sure that so many people argued : I (me, myself) can very well focus by myself, so please don't provide AF to anybody, even if I could disable it !

That's what I have been thinking too. It would have been the same discussion: Not necessary when you have good technique, too heavy and so on.

maxxxx's gear list:maxxxx's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +4 more
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,438

tokumeino wrote:

John Motts wrote:

solamnus wrote:

MrSee wrote:

Who cares. IBIS is not the be all end all!

Its like when the remote control was invented, everyone could switch the tv on before that, then after if they could not find it suddenly switching the tv on was very tough! 😂

now no one can use cameras if its not included🙈

You can apply that logic to just about every advance in camera technology throughout the history of photography.

Agree. It's like AF, or the ability to quickly change ISO, or the ability to instant review pictures on a screen, of the pentaprisms/EVF to view through the lens, or auto-exposure, or...

It' a pitty that DPR didn't exist when AF has been invented. I'm sure that so many people argued : I (me, myself) can very well focus by myself, so please don't provide AF to anybody, even if I could disable it !

Hehe yes sure. But i do think its also a little different now a days. Because technology advance so much faster in general around us, that We are so much worse when it comes to patience about how We expect things to be and are almost dependent on these crutches around us to live our daily life.

So when something does not exist at this stage and also expect it, not only do We get angry and surprised when it does not instead of trying to accept it and work around it, We are also worse when it comes to find those other solutions or trying to get better by training to lessen those shortcomings from Said technology.

also( this Im not sure of but i assume)

did camera bodies came out with a new model this freequently?

It seems to me also that going from no Af to getting it is a pretty major advancement while i feel IBIS is not that big of a deal, at least not for me.

But yes Otherwise We are of course human and i also think We had those same diskussions about similar things, But i just think We were also a little bit more patient and We become lazier and have less patience as time goes by😅

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
John Carson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,253

solamnus wrote:

virgil1612 wrote:

I just bought the X-T100 and I decided that my future Fuji body, whenever it comes (for me) will have IBIS. I wonder if Fuji will put IBIS in the X-T4 or IBIS will used exclusively in the X-H bodies. What do you say?

I can see why some people want it But at the same time Im as always a bit surprised about how many people suddenly can not be without a new feature and suddenly deem gear without Said new feature worthless or at least something they would not even buy , regardless of it being a great camera in every other aspects .

When the X series launched, with a big emphasis on primes, none of which were stabilised, the lack of IBIS stood out. It has been a discussion point ever since. Fuji made a bad first choice.

Personally, I only own stabilised zooms and don't have much interest in primes, which is why I was willing to buy into the system. But I think IBIS deals with a design flaw that was there from the beginning, so the demand for it doesn't surprise me at all.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Kaddy27
Kaddy27 New Member • Posts: 17

i don't think so ,

X-H*    series .................... IBIS

X-T*     series  tilt screen and Weather Sealed body

X-T**   series touch screen and little body

X-E*     series  fixed screen and little body

Kaddy27's gear list:Kaddy27's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,164

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

X-H* series .................... IBIS

X-T* series tilt screen and Weather Sealed body

X-T** series touch screen and little body

X-E* series fixed screen and little body

Do you really believe that - once Fuji miniaturize their IBIS like other manufacturers - they will only put in in the X-H ? I'd rather think that the X-H will disapear as soon as IBIS is small enough to get integrated in smaller bodies.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II +6 more
OP virgil1612 Regular Member • Posts: 325

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

Do you really believe that - once Fuji miniaturize their IBIS like other manufacturers - they will only put in in the X-H ? I'd rather think that the X-H will disapear as soon as IBIS is small enough to get integrated in smaller bodies.

Interesting thought, it could happen.

virgil1612's gear list:virgil1612's gear list
Canon G7 X II Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-T100 Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

Agreed. There may be a point in the future when it will be even cheaper to put IBIS into all cameras rather than having different assemblies for different cameras. In any case, I think soon there will be a point when IBIS will just be standard in all mainstream cameras and if you want to sell high quantities you need it as much as autofocus just to be competitive.

The X-H series is a weird beast anyway. It has IBIS but in all other areas the X-T3 is superior. It's not a real flagship camera.

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +4 more
owenb Senior Member • Posts: 1,077

Nope, I don't see the X-T ever having it. It's pretty much the only marketable difference between the X-T and the X-H.

I'm also really not sure why people want it so badly.

owenb's gear list:owenb's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,068
It will be simple in the future - just one Fujifilm camera model

If i understand it right  people think that all cameras will have IBIS in the future . At the same time the camera must have touch sensitive screen that can be tilted to all directions, Lenses and the camera must be WR. 4k/60 video + Eterna film simulation must be in every camera. And everything H1 , T3 and E3 have at the moment. Especially superior AF system - for sports and wildlife , face recognition - and absolutely IBIS! And 26mpx sensor...

It means that everything is absolutely needed and photographers can  not do anything without all possible existing gadgets.

It will be very easy to buy a new camera in the future - there  will be  no different models available. Just one that fills all possible needs.

Or perhaps three models - one is black, one is white and the third is silver. Also pink and yellow  are available.

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 and the new 80D are my favourites - also 6D for landscapes and some portraits.

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +14 more
Re: It will be simple in the future - just one Fujifilm camera model

KariP wrote:

If i understand it right people think that all cameras will have IBIS in the future . At the same time the camera must have touch sensitive screen that can be tilted to all directions, Lenses and the camera must be WR. 4k/60 video + Eterna film simulation must be in every camera. And everything H1 , T3 and E3 have at the moment. Especially superior AF system - for sports and wildlife , face recognition - and absolutely IBIS! And 26mpx sensor...

It means that everything is absolutely needed and photographers can not do anything without all possible existing gadgets.

It will be very easy to buy a new camera in the future - there will be no different models available. Just one that fills all possible needs.

Or perhaps three models - one is black, one is white and the third is silver. Also pink and yellow are available.

You have some points right. Technology usually commoditizes features  that have been around for a while and then new gadgets with totally new capabilities come up. So I bet in a few years most cameras will have all the features you have described but then there will be new features that some cameras will have and some others won't.

Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 6,608

maxxxx wrote:

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

Agreed. There may be a point in the future when it will be even cheaper to put IBIS into all cameras rather than having different assemblies for different cameras. In any case, I think soon there will be a point when IBIS will just be standard in all mainstream cameras and if you want to sell high quantities you need it as much as autofocus just to be competitive.

The X-H series is a weird beast anyway. It has IBIS but in all other areas the X-T3 is superior. It's not a real flagship camera.

I am completely neutral here, I am interested in your observation though, in all other areas the x-t3 is superior? Can you elaborate?

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,068
Re: Will the future ... who has miniaturized IBIS?

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

I tried to check other manufacturers who use APS-C sensors and also have IBIS. Not easy

Panasonic and Olympus have some rather small bodies with IBIS. But they have also miniaturized the sensors . And they are not that small.

Sony makes FF bodies with IBIS  - who uses APS-C and IBIS in a tiny camera body like X-E3 ?

It is not that easy - or is it?

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 and the new 80D are my favourites - also 6D for landscapes and some portraits.

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +14 more

Advent1sam wrote:

maxxxx wrote:

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

I am completely neutral here, I am interested in your observation though, in all other areas the x-t3 is superior? Can you elaborate?

It has a new processor, video is better. Where does the X-H1 have an edge besides IBIS and size?

KariP wrote:

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

I tried to check other manufacturers who use APS-C sensors and also have IBIS. Not easy

Panasonic and Olympus have some rather small bodies with IBIS. But they have also miniaturized the sensors . And they are not that small.

Sony makes FF bodies with IBIS - who uses APS-C and IBIS in a tiny camera body like X-E3 ?

Pentax and Sony have IBIS APS-C bodies. The A6500 is quite small.

d2mini Senior Member • Posts: 1,239
Re: It will be simple in the future - just one Fujifilm camera model

KariP wrote:

Or perhaps three models - one is black, one is white and the third is silver. Also pink and yellow are available.

You forgot Rose Gold. That's a MUST have these days!!!!

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T3 | Fuji X-E3

d2mini's gear list:d2mini's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +2 more
celestialemissary
celestialemissary Contributing Member • Posts: 622

maxxxx wrote:

KariP wrote:

tokumeino wrote:

Kaddy27 wrote:

i don't think so ,

Sony makes FF bodies with IBIS - who uses APS-C and IBIS in a tiny camera body like X-E3 ?

Pentax and Sony have IBIS APS-C bodies. The A6500 is quite small.

And it has worst IBIS of them all

celestialemissary's gear list:celestialemissary's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads