Birds with my P1000

Started Oct 20, 2018 | Discussions
Booted Cat
Booted Cat Senior Member • Posts: 1,011
Birds with my P1000

Booted Cat's gear list:Booted Cat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX740 HS Nikon Coolpix A1000
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,763
Re: Birds with my P1000

..Ahhh, great catches & captures, thanks for sharing these!

..Cheers..

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Nikon Coolpix P7800
Augustin Man
Augustin Man Forum Pro • Posts: 10,354

Very nice images, I like them all!

Thank you for sharing,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000
Avian2016 Senior Member • Posts: 5,100

Some very cool images. My favs are those of Hoopoe, Thanks for sharing.

Booted Cat
OP Booted Cat Senior Member • Posts: 1,011

Here is the first bird at 24mm and 3000mm...

jshen808

Booted Cat wrote:

..Nice captures!

..your first picture was taken with iso100..

..if you feel need to lighten the tree colours, then can use (such as the) Program mode, and (from the ISO Sensitivity setting) select and use iso400..

..if need to lighten even more, then can select and use iso800..

..try, experiment, and have fun..

..Cheers..

Booted Cat

jshen808 wrote:

Booted Cat wrote:

..Nice captures!

Yes, this is Auto Mode's fault and exactly what I complained. Does your P1000's Auto Mode sometimes darken part or all of a view? (If the sun is in the view, then darkness is normal for all cameras and phones; but P1000's Auto Mode can play dark even when the sun is not in the view.)

..if you feel need to lighten the tree colours, then can use (such as the) Program mode, and (from the ISO Sensitivity setting) select and use iso400..

The Auto Mode also allows you to adjust EV and ISO. Just rotate the Control Ring to increase EV.

..Cheers..

jshen808

Booted Cat wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

Booted Cat wrote:

..Nice captures!

Yes, this is Auto Mode's fault and exactly what I complained. Does your P1000's Auto Mode sometimes darken part or all of a view? (If the sun is in the view, then darkness is normal for all cameras and phones; but P1000's Auto Mode can play dark even when the sun is not in the view.)

The Auto Mode also allows you to adjust EV and ISO. Just rotate the Control Ring to increase EV.

..Cheers..

..The "Auto" mode overall does a pretty good job..

..but when in a tough situation, that's when the photographer needs to take more control of the camera..

..checked my P1000.. yes, while using "Auto" mode, can change & adjust the Exposure Compensation (EV), but does not allow selecting the ISO..

..so can try using +0.33EV or +0.66EV, while taking pictures in situations like the above #1 picture, and see the results..

..Cheers..

Booted Cat

jshen808 wrote:

Booted Cat wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

Booted Cat wrote:

..Nice captures!

..Cheers..

..The "Auto" mode overall does a pretty good job..

..but when in a tough situation, that's when the photographer needs to take more control of the camera..

..checked my P1000.. yes, while using "Auto" mode, can change & adjust the Exposure Compensation (EV), but does not allow selecting the ISO..

First, you can configure the Control Ring to adjust ISO too, using the Menu button.

Second, you can adjust ISO in Auto Mode by pressing the Right Arrow button, I remember.

..so can try using +0.33EV or +0.66EV, while taking pictures in situations like the above #1 picture, and see the results..

..Cheers..

jshen808

Booted Cat wrote:

First, you can configure the Control Ring to adjust ISO too, using the Menu button.

Second, you can adjust ISO in Auto Mode by pressing the Right Arrow button, I remember.

..hmm, interesting.. because with my P1000, while in the "Auto" mode, I'm only able to adjust the Exposure Compensation (EV)..

..however, if I'm using the "(P)rogram" mode, then I'm able to adjust "both" the EV & ISO..

..and I'm beginning to find out, that I'm probably going to be using mostly the "(P)rogram" mode to take pictures.. and I'll be using the "Control Ring" to adjust the Exposure Compensation, the "fn" button to adjust the ISO, the "Side Zoom Control" for manual focusing..

..now just need to take more testing pictures..

..Cheers..

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads