Problems uploading to Gallery

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Larry Buck Contributing Member • Posts: 997
Problems uploading to Gallery

Today I tried uploading some photos to the Gallery and after selecting my photos and selecting the UPLOAD button it says uploading in progress and the spinning wheel goes round and round, but in the background I can see the photo selected and there is an red Error X and the photo will never actually uploads.

Any help is appreciated.

Larry Buck's gear list:Larry Buck's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 IIs Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +7 more
Greyser Veteran Member • Posts: 5,724
Re: Problems uploading to Gallery

Larry Buck wrote:

Today I tried uploading some photos to the Gallery and after selecting my photos and selecting the UPLOAD button it says uploading in progress and the spinning wheel goes round and round, but in the background I can see the photo selected and there is an red Error X and the photo will never actually uploads.

Any help is appreciated.

I believe it is related to Flash driven sites. Once I got annoying bugs and pop-ups which sneaked with Flash update (probably I was not careful enough and clicked on 'Flash Update button' without precaution). I stopped using and upgrading Flash sometime ago when I purchased new iMac. As a result, I lost uploading ability.

Uploading pictures directly from computer (“Insert image from your computer” choice) works fine with my iMac. However, I do prefer to keep a copy of my image in my DPR Gallery. Probably we need to contact DPR SW team on this issue.

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Nikon D500 Pentax K-1
Patco Forum Pro • Posts: 13,688

Greyser wrote:

Probably we need to contact DPR SW team on this issue.

It's been beaten to death.

https://www.dpreview.com/search/forums?query=flash&forum=5001&only-threads=yes&only-titles=yes

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels.

Labe
Labe Veteran Member • Posts: 8,648

Just use a different browser. At the moment windows 10 edge seems to be most reliable for gallery uploads.

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Greyser Veteran Member • Posts: 5,724

Labe wrote:

Just use a different browser. At the moment windows 10 edge seems to be most reliable for gallery uploads.

What a choice would be for Mac users?

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Nikon D500 Pentax K-1
Labe

Greyser wrote:

Labe wrote:

What a choice would be for Mac users?

Sorry as I don’t own a Mac I can’t answer that for you.

Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
FrankG Senior Member • Posts: 1,862

Larry Buck wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

I just encountered the same problem yesterday - and tried again today and still getting the same problem.  Also having failures trying to embed images, even quite small files - never had any problem with that before with small files.  This using Firefox (latest version) on Windows 10 (fully updated) and with Flash enabled.

I have, temporarily at least, given up trying to get this to work.

Have DPReview broken something?  I notice they are hiring software developers!

Frank

Labe

FrankG wrote:

Larry Buck wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

I just encountered the same problem yesterday - and tried again today and still getting the same problem. Also having failures trying to embed images, even quite small files - never had any problem with that before with small files. This using Firefox (latest version) on Windows 10 (fully updated) and with Flash enabled.

Have DPReview broken something? I notice they are hiring software developers!

Frank

Firefox has some issues with flash and dpr . Use windows edge ( even if just to get images into gallery)

Labe wrote:

FrankG wrote:

Larry Buck wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

I just encountered the same problem yesterday - and tried again today and still getting the same problem. Also having failures trying to embed images, even quite small files - never had any problem with that before with small files. This using Firefox (latest version) on Windows 10 (fully updated) and with Flash enabled.

Frank

Firefox has some issues with flash and dpr . Use windows edge ( even if just to get images into gallery)

Thanks for the tip - that seems to be working!

Frank

FrankG wrote:

Labe wrote:

FrankG wrote:

Larry Buck wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Frank

Thanks for the tip - that seems to be working!

Frank

Well - it seemed to be working OK and I got 2 new images uploaded successfully.  Then I tried again later with a few more uploads - and these are failing again (using MS Edge).

Something seems to have gone seriously wrong with DPR gallery uploads.   Any one else having this problem?

Frank

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads