Canon 7D Live View Hostogram

Started 1 month ago | Questions
ashphotography New Member • Posts: 1
Canon 7D Live View Hostogram

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to display the histogram while in Live View? I’ve searched numerous places like YouTube and google. These places explain in detail however it doesn’t seem that my 7D has this specific feature. I’ve searched my menu options in semi automatic and manual modes, disabled and re-enabled exposure simulation, pressed the info button several times, and even updated to the current firmware and still nothing. I did purchase the camera off of another photographer, which she also purchased off of someone else. Is it possible the 7D that I have is a very early model that lacks the feature or even a fake 7D?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jura S Senior Member • Posts: 1,656
Re: Canon 7D Live View Hostogram

ashphotography wrote:

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to display the histogram while in Live View? I’ve searched numerous places like YouTube and google. These places explain in detail however it doesn’t seem that my 7D has this specific feature. I’ve searched my menu options in semi automatic and manual modes, disabled and re-enabled exposure simulation, pressed the info button several times, and even updated to the current firmware and still nothing.

The only option is Magic Lantern.

I did purchase the camera off of another photographer, which she also purchased off of someone else. Is it possible the 7D that I have is a very early model that lacks the feature or even a fake 7D?

Please share with the rest of us some additional conspiracy theories.

davinci953 Regular Member • Posts: 311

ashphotography wrote:

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to display the histogram while in Live View? I’ve searched numerous places like YouTube and google. These places explain in detail however it doesn’t seem that my 7D has this specific feature. I’ve searched my menu options in semi automatic and manual modes, disabled and re-enabled exposure simulation, pressed the info button several times, and even updated to the current firmware and still nothing. I did purchase the camera off of another photographer, which she also purchased off of someone else. Is it possible the 7D that I have is a very early model that lacks the feature or even a fake 7D?

Press the Info button to cycle through what displays on the screen. The histogram displays only if exposure simulation is enabled in menu 4.

Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 24,562

ashphotography wrote:

There's absolutely no such thing as a "fake" 7D.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads