phoenix15 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

New Pentax Mount???

What is it for? ?

That's funny

K is the key

Best regards

So you are saying:

If anyone want mirrorless, get other brands.

And you have many choices.

Or you could get a Pentax Q like I did!

I'm already using a Pentax mirrorless!

A Pentax short-registration-mount series of 4 mirrorless-cameras, with 2 sensor sizes, and 8 lenses to fit that mount. Plus an adapter for using K-mount lenses.

But, of course, Pentax isn't expected to be able to do something like that!

I have 2 of those camera, 4 of those lenses, and the adapter. But I guess the word "Pentax" on each of them is a fake, because Pentax surely can't do something like that!

Take care & Happy Shooting!

Pentax is concentrating on K mount fullframe.

Yes, at least on lenses

APS-C high specs may not be the priority.

Now, I don't see where he said that...

What else ?
The development is slow.

My pet peeve with Ricoh Imaging.

Yes, it is true. So you can only dream, talk and talk of what you wishes in the forum. But you have to accept the Ricoh`s condition. Kenspo the nordic brand ambassador is leaving after 5 years. Yes 5 years ago he received K-3, and since then no major upgrade in AF to make it close to even Canon 7D Mark II.

For the record, Kenspo didn't complain about the AF - he actually said: "The AF is better in challenging condition then people think..So that wasn't an issue.".

On the technical side, his complaints - regarding the K-1 - were the slow fps and buffer clearing rate. The slow buffer clearing rate was the first limitation I noticed on the K-1.

In his "goodbye" message he says: "It is NOT because Pentax is doomed or something like that! It is a total package over whats best for me and my development. This is what I do for a living. There is some minor things that have made me frustrated at times, but let there be no doubt; Pentax make amazing stuff. And they will continue to do so"

If you want unique, different, than Pentax is your way of life.

Right. Pentax is a good choice for many.

Alex

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Ricoh WG-6 Panasonic LX100 Ricoh GR III Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 II +27 more
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,179
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Barry Pearson wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

phoenix15 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

New Pentax Mount???

What is it for? ?

That's funny

K is the key

Best regards

So you are saying:

Or you could get a Pentax Q like I did!

I'm already using a Pentax mirrorless!

A Pentax short-registration-mount series of 4 mirrorless-cameras, with 2 sensor sizes, and 8 lenses to fit that mount. Plus an adapter for using K-mount lenses.

But, of course, Pentax isn't expected to be able to do something like that!

I have 2 of those camera, 4 of those lenses, and the adapter. But I guess the word "Pentax" on each of them is a fake, because Pentax surely can't do something like that!

+1

LOL.

Yes. Exactly.

The thing for me is . . . the Pentax Q has been one of the most fun cameras I've had!

IMHO Pentax has a way of working in fun.

I think that is part of the Pentax DNA.

Yes, at least on lenses

What else ?
The development is slow.

Yes, it is true. So you can only dream, talk and talk of what you wishes in the forum. But you have to accept the Ricoh`s condition. Kenspo the nordic brand ambassador is leaving after 5 years. Yes 5 years ago he received K-3, and since then no major upgrade in AF to make it close to even Canon 7D Mark II.

For the record, Kenspo didn't complain about the AF - he actually said: "The AF is better in challenging condition then people think..So that wasn't an issue.".

On the technical side, his complaints - regarding the K-1 - were the slow fps and buffer clearing rate. The slow buffer clearing rate was the first limitation I noticed on the K-1.

In his "goodbye" message he says: "It is NOT because Pentax is doomed or something like that! It is a total package over whats best for me and my development. This is what I do for a living. There is some minor things that have made me frustrated at times, but let there be no doubt; Pentax make amazing stuff. And they will continue to do so"

Alex

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
phoenix15
phoenix15 Regular Member • Posts: 287

Alex Sarbu wrote:

phoenix15 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

New Pentax Mount???

What is it for? ?

That's funny

K is the key

Best regards

So you are saying:

That is good for consumers.

Yes, at least on lenses

He didn`t say much, in fact what he said is not 100% true. Ricoh may change the plan.  And the APS-C high specs seems not going to happen anytime soon.

What else ?
The development is slow.

I know Kenspo is very polite person. I am quite sad when he was leaving. But I could see this was coming. Since 5 years ago, Pentax stucks with 33 AF module. Comparing this to 7D Mark II and Nikon D500, then it is quite far behind. Since Pentax cant compete for fast action, they change the direction to pursue ultimate image quality. Pentax K-1 is the answer, but then it is not versatile enough for Kenspo. He requires video, high buffer, and little bit precise AF.

I know for the landscape photography, Pentax is great. I still have KP and K-01, which I will not sell. I may add mirrorless fulframe, because I want to have good video quality. I want to see Ricoh has bigger ambition to compete, but maybe they are not ready at the moment. I don`t know.

Alex

phoenix15's gear list:phoenix15's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +6 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,139

phoenix15 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

phoenix15 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

New Pentax Mount???

What is it for? ?

That's funny

K is the key

Best regards

So you are saying:

That is good for consumers.

Absolutely!

Yes, at least on lenses

He didn`t say much, in fact what he said is not 100% true. Ricoh may change the plan. And the APS-C high specs seems not going to happen anytime soon.

I have no idea when it will be ready, but we know they're working on it.

What else ?
The development is slow.

I know Kenspo is very polite person. I am quite sad when he was leaving. But I could see this was coming. Since 5 years ago, Pentax stucks with 33 AF module. Comparing this to 7D Mark II and Nikon D500, then it is quite far behind. Since Pentax cant compete for fast action, they change the direction to pursue ultimate image quality. Pentax K-1 is the answer, but then it is not versatile enough for Kenspo. He requires video, high buffer, and little bit precise AF.

Again, he was not complaining about AF - instead saying that it wasn't an issue.

I know for the landscape photography, Pentax is great. I still have KP and K-01, which I will not sell. I may add mirrorless fulframe, because I want to have good video quality. I want to see Ricoh has bigger ambition to compete, but maybe they are not ready at the moment. I don`t know.

I don't care much about Ricoh being ambitious to compete head to head with the bigger companies, but rather about them continuing to offer me competent equipment - and continuously improving.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
skorpionet Junior Member • Posts: 33

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

And why at Photokina 2018 there is only one "news" and isn't related to the K mount?

skorpionet's gear list:skorpionet's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +3 more
ronniemac Regular Member • Posts: 386

skorpionet wrote:

asahi man wrote:

But, SLR!!

Best regards

And why at Photokina 2018 there is only one "news" and isn't related to the K mount?

Nice as the new GRiii might turn out to be, I was surprised and disappointed to not see anything from Pentax at Photokina, not least because asahi man implied that SLR body and lens development was underway.

Can anyone tell me at which photographic fairs Pentax normally make announcements?

Thanks

ronniemac's gear list:ronniemac's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX200 Pentax *ist D Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Barry Pearson
OP Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 8,723

ronniemac wrote:

skorpionet wrote:

asahi man wrote:

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Nice as the new GRiii might turn out to be, I was surprised and disappointed to not see anything from Pentax at Photokina, not least because asahi man implied that SLR body and lens development was underway.

Can anyone tell me at which photographic fairs Pentax normally make announcements?

I'm expecting to learn more at CP+ 2019: 28 February to 3 March.

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Ricoh WG-6 Panasonic LX100 Ricoh GR III Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 II +27 more
ronniemac Regular Member • Posts: 386

Barry Pearson wrote:

ronniemac wrote:

skorpionet wrote:

asahi man wrote:

But, SLR!!

Best regards

I'm expecting to learn more at CP+ 2019: 28 February to 3 March.

Thanks Barry, I'm expecting a nice surprise from Pentax, given that CP+ 2019 is coincident with my birthday! (and their 100th!!!)

ronniemac's gear list:ronniemac's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX200 Pentax *ist D Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads