K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started Sep 6, 2018 | Discussions
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,167
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed?

Asahi man doesn't say anything about 'no more "flagship APS-C". I believe him (even though he's often cryptic), and I believe Ricoh.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
johnami
johnami Senior Member • Posts: 1,103
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed? And we are expecting his posts eagerly, like a rays of sunshine to bring us happiness in our information and update starved Ricoh world.

With "nearly all development power going into K fullframe SLR", how long do you think it will take for APS-C flagship to appear, and how good it will be...... KP II anyone?

Mr AM does get things wrong. Remember before last December he stated that a driver update for the K1 was imminent and finally nothing...well not until the summer. So anything is possible.

 johnami's gear list:johnami's gear list
Sigma DP2 Ricoh GR II Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 +16 more
DS21 Senior Member • Posts: 2,416
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

johnami wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed? And we are expecting his posts eagerly, like a rays of sunshine to bring us happiness in our information and update starved Ricoh world.

With "nearly all development power going into K fullframe SLR", how long do you think it will take for APS-C flagship to appear, and how good it will be...... KP II anyone?

Mr AM does get things wrong. Remember before last December he stated that a driver update for the K1 was imminent and finally nothing...well not until the summer. So anything is possible.

The update was cancelled by Ricoh, so he simply did not inform us the update was cancelled when it happened. This forum is probably not high on his priority list.

 DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-01 Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus Stylus 1 +1 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,167
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

DS21 wrote:

johnami wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed? And we are expecting his posts eagerly, like a rays of sunshine to bring us happiness in our information and update starved Ricoh world.

With "nearly all development power going into K fullframe SLR", how long do you think it will take for APS-C flagship to appear, and how good it will be...... KP II anyone?

Mr AM does get things wrong. Remember before last December he stated that a driver update for the K1 was imminent and finally nothing...well not until the summer. So anything is possible.

The update was cancelled by Ricoh, so he simply did not inform us the update was cancelled when it happened. This forum is probably not high on his priority list.

Or he wasn't told the update was canceled.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Mark Ransom
Mark Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 5,753
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Anders_Nilsson wrote:

I guess I was lucky to buy in June a near mint looking K-3 with only 10500 actuations (unless a service center has reset the shuttercount EXIF value). For sure I will never buy Pentax FF. My a99i is all FF I need, as are my Minolta lenses. I was actually going to buy a Nikon D300s instead of the K-3 but after holding the beast with a lens mounted I quickly picked up a K-3 instead and bought it. So far I don't regret that decision.

My beef with MILC FF is the price level. 2-3 grand for a body and then lenses on top of that which are ludicrously overpriced. I will never ever pay Sony FE prices no matter what the performance.

Sony has avoided upgrading their APS-C line in both A and F mount, lets see how long that works. Ripping the innards from Sony a6500 would have gone a long way to at least avoid Pentax losing face with a K-3iii. I consider this MILC FF thing a hyped fad which will eventually level out. Not that it will go away but people are eventually going to calm down and start looking at APS-C again.

The problem is that everybody else is following the same strategy. APS-C gets no respect whatsoever. You can't buy APS-C if nobody makes it - Fuji may be the last man standing.

 Mark Ransom's gear list:Mark Ransom's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Olympus E-M5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
johnami
johnami Senior Member • Posts: 1,103
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

DS21 wrote:

johnami wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed? And we are expecting his posts eagerly, like a rays of sunshine to bring us happiness in our information and update starved Ricoh world.

With "nearly all development power going into K fullframe SLR", how long do you think it will take for APS-C flagship to appear, and how good it will be...... KP II anyone?

Mr AM does get things wrong. Remember before last December he stated that a driver update for the K1 was imminent and finally nothing...well not until the summer. So anything is possible.

The update was cancelled by Ricoh, so he simply did not inform us the update was cancelled when it happened. This forum is probably not high on his priority list.

Ohh I think he keeps an eye on what is being said here.

 johnami's gear list:johnami's gear list
Sigma DP2 Ricoh GR II Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 +16 more
Mark Ransom
Mark Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 5,753
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras
1

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed?

Asahi man doesn't say anything about 'no more "flagship APS-C". I believe him (even though he's often cryptic), and I believe Ricoh.

I don't remember Pentax's exact wording on that statement. Did they say they were actually working on it, or simply investigating it?

If we choose to believe both of them, it probably means there will be a new flagship APS-C - 5 years from now.

 Mark Ransom's gear list:Mark Ransom's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Olympus E-M5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,167
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Mark Ransom wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed?

Asahi man doesn't say anything about 'no more "flagship APS-C". I believe him (even though he's often cryptic), and I believe Ricoh.

I don't remember Pentax's exact wording on that statement. Did they say they were actually working on it, or simply investigating it?

I would rather not see too much behind the exact wording - at best what we have is a Japanese to English translation. But here are some examples:

"DE: So you are actively developing a new APS-C flagship.

TA: Yes."

"For the flagship APS-C model, we have just started to develop that."

That was at CP+ 2018. One year before:

"A successor to the K-3 II is being researched."

Source: various interviews.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Chris Mak Senior Member • Posts: 2,317
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Mark Ransom wrote:

Anders_Nilsson wrote:

I guess I was lucky to buy in June a near mint looking K-3 with only 10500 actuations (unless a service center has reset the shuttercount EXIF value). For sure I will never buy Pentax FF. My a99i is all FF I need, as are my Minolta lenses. I was actually going to buy a Nikon D300s instead of the K-3 but after holding the beast with a lens mounted I quickly picked up a K-3 instead and bought it. So far I don't regret that decision.

My beef with MILC FF is the price level. 2-3 grand for a body and then lenses on top of that which are ludicrously overpriced. I will never ever pay Sony FE prices no matter what the performance.

Sony has avoided upgrading their APS-C line in both A and F mount, lets see how long that works. Ripping the innards from Sony a6500 would have gone a long way to at least avoid Pentax losing face with a K-3iii. I consider this MILC FF thing a hyped fad which will eventually level out. Not that it will go away but people are eventually going to calm down and start looking at APS-C again.

The problem is that everybody else is following the same strategy. APS-C gets no respect whatsoever. You can't buy APS-C if nobody makes it - Fuji may be the last man standing.

If rumors are correct, then Sony is near to releasing a new top high end mirrorless APSC camera that is an APSC counterpart to the Sony A9. Such a camera would be a birders heaven, judging by the A9 merits at tracking and auto focussing....

If it is really what it is rumored, I will definetely retire (=sell) my DA560 and go the Sony route. Canon and Sigma super tele's apparently work like native mount on the A9+ sigma mc-11 mount adapter... So exiting times ahead for APSC, it will also certainly feature a BSI sensor. It's just not at Pentax where you should be looking...

Chris

 Chris Mak's gear list:Chris Mak's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a7R II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III Canon EF 400mm F4 DO IS II USM +3 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,284
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is a reasonable conclusion of what AM writes, but AM is sometimes cryptic.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,284
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Thanx AM. The info is much appreciated. And ... it is also along my wishes. It is FF things I am waiting for.

The MILC things are also kind of interesting, but not a necessity for me.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,205
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Barry Pearson wrote:

But I've wondered whether the new APS-C flagship should be Pentax's first new-mount mirrorless camera. After all, that is an early hole that Pentax has to fill. Then FF cameras would follow.

That's a too big responsibility to be given to a mirrorless, and too much of a risk. It's not actually solving the issue of the "missing" K-3's replacement - it introduces a new one, that is having your user base migrating to a new platform.

I understand why you want a mirrorless; however, I'd say most of us / their user base still prefer DSLRs.

So they'd have to introduce mirrorless without ignoring/phasing out DSLRs.

+1

Or just alternate releases of cameras.

One year release mirrorless.

The next year release dSLR.

And then just keep going back and forth.

If you have 2 models in each category . . . that could mean 4 years between major releases. (Which is like Canon and Nikon with their cameras that are geared towards the Olympics shooters.)

Take care & Happy Shooting!

Alex

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Barry Pearson
OP Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 8,723
New-mount-camera + K-mount-adapter = K-mount-camera

A (hypothetical) Pentax new-mount mirrorless FF camera-back plus a good K-mount adapter would functionally be a K-mount camera. It would accept K-mount lenses, whether made by Pentax or 3rd-parties.

I start this thread to emphasise the importance for any camera manufacturer that releases a new-mount mirrorless camera to release an SLR-mount adapter at the same time.

Canon have done so. (In fact, 3 such adapters).
Nikon have done so.

If Pentax releases a (hypothetical) new-mount mirrorless camera, Pentax must release a K-mount adapter at the same time.

Acceptance of the existence of such an adapter, and agreement that such a combination would indeed functionally be a K-mount camera, will enable discussions here to be more constructive.

There are two obvious characteristics of a "new-mount mirrorless camera plus a K-mount adapter" compared to a "K-mount SLR":

It will be mirrorless, not an SLR!
It can be converted into a new-mount camera by removing the adapter.

There several other likely differences:

It will be lighter.
It will be quieter.
There will be no need for lens fine-adjustments.
It will have less "shock".
It will have shorter loss of vision between shots in burst mode.
It may have more viewfinder information.
There may be adapters with extra features.
(Plus others)

Some people prefer the optical view of SLRs.
Some people prefer the view via EVFs.
Some people seek better options than either of these.

Some useful links:

Summary of "adapters" @ 2018-09-08

Update to "adapters" @ 2018-09-09

Comparing weights with Pentax cameras

Speculation: a combined adapter and teleconverter

about lenses and new mounts

Why mirrorless? Here's a partial list, excluding video-related reasons

 Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Ricoh WG-6 Panasonic LX100 Ricoh GR III Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 II +27 more
Chris Mak Senior Member • Posts: 2,317
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed?

Asahi man doesn't say anything about 'no more "flagship APS-C". I believe him (even though he's often cryptic), and I believe Ricoh.

I don't remember Pentax's exact wording on that statement. Did they say they were actually working on it, or simply investigating it?

I would rather not see too much behind the exact wording - at best what we have is a Japanese to English translation. But here are some examples:

"DE: So you are actively developing a new APS-C flagship.

TA: Yes."

"For the flagship APS-C model, we have just started to develop that."

That was at CP+ 2018. One year before:

"A successor to the K-3 II is being researched."

Source: various interviews.

Alex

There is the interview with a Ricoh/Pentax official in English, posted on the pentaxforums website, from last march CP+ 2018:

"....we are now starting to develop a new DSL which can be positioned as a successor to the K3 series...."

His words are clear, nothing lost or added in translation, because he is using his own English words: they were starting on the development of such a body last march. If almost all of Pentax's development power is at this moment going to FF (bodies and lenses), then it it fairly easy to do the maths on the fate of the APSC K3 successor, at least to my eyes.

Chris

 Chris Mak's gear list:Chris Mak's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a7R II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III Canon EF 400mm F4 DO IS II USM +3 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,167
Something to think about...
2

The D FA* 50mm required an unprecedentedly (at least, for Pentax) tight construction.

It was found - late in the process - that the barrel couldn't properly support the heavy front group, which led to a slight but significant misalignment - impacting the optical performance.

Long story short, they solved that issue with special support components. Also, the lens mount has "the highest number of screws ever used" - for structural rigidity.

What would happen when you add an adapter? Can it be rigid enough? I believe Lloyd Chambers warned about adapters introducing such misalignments.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,284
Re: Something to think about...

Alex Sarbu wrote:

The D FA* 50mm required an unprecedentedly (at least, for Pentax) tight construction.

It was found - late in the process - that the barrel couldn't properly support the heavy front group, which led to a slight but significant misalignment - impacting the optical performance.

Long story short, they solved that issue with special support components. Also, the lens mount has "the highest number of screws ever used" - for structural rigidity.

What would happen when you add an adapter? Can it be rigid enough? I believe Lloyd Chambers warned about adapters introducing such misalignments.

Alex

OK - that is important.

The main idea in this thread was to not make new tele lenses, but reuse the K-mount ones. Then this problem becomes critical. I also have some third party K-mount lenses, e.g. from Samyang, that I would like to use.

You could have an adapter that you fasten to the body three thumb screws.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,167
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Chris Mak wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed?

Asahi man doesn't say anything about 'no more "flagship APS-C". I believe him (even though he's often cryptic), and I believe Ricoh.

I don't remember Pentax's exact wording on that statement. Did they say they were actually working on it, or simply investigating it?

I would rather not see too much behind the exact wording - at best what we have is a Japanese to English translation. But here are some examples:

"DE: So you are actively developing a new APS-C flagship.

TA: Yes."

"For the flagship APS-C model, we have just started to develop that."

That was at CP+ 2018. One year before:

"A successor to the K-3 II is being researched."

Source: various interviews.

Alex

There is the interview with a Ricoh/Pentax official in English, posted on the pentaxforums website, from last march CP+ 2018:

"....we are now starting to develop a new DSL which can be positioned as a successor to the K3 series...."

His words are clear, nothing lost or added in translation, because he is using his own English words: they were starting on the development of such a body last march.

Yes... but "nothing lost or added" might be overoptimistic, because there was a translation - his.

So they were "researching" the camera at least since the beginning of 2017, and "developing" it at least since the beginning of 2018. What does that mean? It takes years to make a new camera, how much of it is "research" and how much "development"?

All I can be sure of is that I'll find about the camera about a week before its official announcement, from Nokishita. At the latest.

If almost all of Pentax's development power is at this moment going to FF (bodies and lenses), then it it fairly easy to do the maths on the fate of the APSC K3 successor, at least to my eyes.

"Almost all" still leaves room for lenses such as the DA* 11-18mm, and one or two (or more?) APS-C cameras.

There was a rumor about other APS-C lenses, but until I see something more serious I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,284
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

If almost all of Pentax's development power is at this moment going to FF (bodies and lenses), then it it fairly easy to do the maths on the fate of the APSC K3 successor, at least to my eyes.

"Almost all" still leaves room for lenses such as the DA* 11-18mm, and one or two (or more?) APS-C cameras.

There was a rumor about other APS-C lenses, but until I see something more serious I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Alex

If we shall take Asahi Man seriously at all, I think APS-C development is at a very low pace at Pentax right now. Very, very low.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,284
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Mark Ransom wrote:

The problem is that everybody else is following the same strategy. APS-C gets no respect whatsoever. You can't buy APS-C if nobody makes it - Fuji may be the last man standing.

Fuji makes fantastic APS-C cameras. So different! And they make their own sensors also.

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 10,167
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

If almost all of Pentax's development power is at this moment going to FF (bodies and lenses), then it it fairly easy to do the maths on the fate of the APSC K3 successor, at least to my eyes.

"Almost all" still leaves room for lenses such as the DA* 11-18mm, and one or two (or more?) APS-C cameras.

There was a rumor about other APS-C lenses, but until I see something more serious I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Alex

If we shall take Asahi Man seriously at all, I think APS-C development is at a very low pace at Pentax right now. Very, very low.

I am taking him seriously, and I disagree with this "very, very low". I don't think that's what he meant.

It's true, the FF lenses are the priority; we can see that from the roadmap. Cameras... we'll see.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads