** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 26 AUG - 01 SEP **

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,513
** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 26 AUG - 01 SEP **

*Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that your post starts a new section.

*If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images. *If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.

Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,513
How Exotic is This? And strange, too

Hello everyone,

The serious photo world is abuzz w/Nikon’s admittedly long and flashy announcement of what seems to be a substantive transition into what we on this forum have known for a long time. Mirrorless is the present and future and the big boys better get on the bandwagon or lose out. I will be curious to see what transpires in the next couple of years since competition in the ~$2K range will be fierce.

However in the meantime we can use our present tech and glass to get some good photos. Last Tuesday I needed to return to the exotic car dealer I bought my TTS from to have an interesting digital rear license plate installed. Also has gps tracking but in the 2+ hours of waiting they gave me a brand new Audi SQX to drive as a loaner…..what does one do in the desert on a 100+ degree day? Well drive around in the A/C and stop where one can. So……first almost across the street was the public library across from the desert observatory.

What can one do with a snapshot? Make it look a little other wordly? That’s what this is. Band W conversion with a little color reversal and a muted effect. Another planet? (All photos taken w/X-T2/16-55/2.8

What can one do with a normal civic center? Another manipulated photo. Not everyone’s cup of tea but the end of the loaner drive:

Back at the exotic car dealer I began with the McLarens:

Moved to the carbon fiber Lamborghinis:

And finished up with some more Aston Martins which I will display next week

Enjoy,

Bob

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,375
Hah! I can top that!

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Hello everyone,

The serious photo world is abuzz w/Nikon’s admittedly long and flashy announcement of what seems to be a substantive transition into what we on this forum have known for a long time. Mirrorless is the present and future and the big boys better get on the bandwagon or lose out. I will be curious to see what transpires in the next couple of years since competition in the ~$2K range will be fierce.

However in the meantime we can use our present tech and glass to get some good photos. Last Tuesday I needed to return to the exotic car dealer I bought my TTS from to have an interesting digital rear license plate installed. Also has gps tracking but in the 2+ hours of waiting they gave me a brand new Audi SQX to drive as a loaner…..what does one do in the desert on a 100+ degree day? Well drive around in the A/C and stop where one can. So……first almost across the street was the public library across from the desert observatory.

What can one do with a snapshot? Make it look a little other wordly? That’s what this is. Band W conversion with a little color reversal and a muted effect. Another planet? (All photos taken w/X-T2/16-55/2.8

What can one do with a normal civic center? Another manipulated photo. Not everyone’s cup of tea but the end of the loaner drive:

Back at the exotic car dealer I began with the McLarens:

Moved to the carbon fiber Lamborghinis:

And finished up with some more Aston Martins which I will display next week

Enjoy,

Bob

OK, Bob, you're not fooling anybody.  I know darn well that these were taken in your garage.  If we continue with all this conspicuous consumption, I'm going to have to show off my wheels as well (a gorgeous, sleek, red Mazda CX-5 SUV and a very fancy stealth black Nissan Versa 4-door).  I'll pause for a moment as you take all that luxury in and try to imagine how cool my garage looks right now..........

Top THAT, Mr. Fancy Car Guy!

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,513
Re: Hah! I can top that!

OK, Bob, you're not fooling anybody. I know darn well that these were taken in your garage. If we continue with all this conspicuous consumption, I'm going to have to show off my wheels as well (a gorgeous, sleek, red Mazda CX-5 SUV and a very fancy stealth black Nissan Versa 4-door). I'll pause for a moment as you take all that luxury in and try to imagine how cool my garage looks right now..........

They actually had a 2015 Aston Martin Vanquish for well under $100K USD.  Thought about getting into it to see how it felt.  I don't think my wife would allow me back into the house if that one came home with me.....

Bob

io_bg
io_bg Contributing Member • Posts: 789
Some silhouettes from last night

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +6 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,383
Model shoot last night - I have no reason to complain about APSC

Not sure why all the complaints about being tempted by full frame, I'm happy with my APS-C gear

-- hide signature --

https://www.instagram.com/theoverratedphotographer/
https://www.myfujilife.com
https://fujifilm-blog.com/2017/07/20/through-a-photographers-eye-athol-hill/
Fuji X-H1, Fuji XT-2, Fuji X-E3, XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, Fujifilm XF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR, XF16mmF1.4 R WR , XF23mmF1.4 R, XF27mmF2.8, XF35mmF2 R WR, XF56mmF1.2 R, XF90mmF2 R LM WR, XF60mm F2.4

baobob
baobob Forum Pro • Posts: 13,255
The MOONRAKER is back again...

yesterday, close to full moon

A bit of haze by the sea side, very stro,ng direct light with some diffraction

Craters are much better revealed at 1st quarter

Bob

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Panasonic ZS200 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
Kottan
Kottan Regular Member • Posts: 138
The Little Chapel

As we are into some desaturation exercises ...

Kottan's gear list:Kottan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
ArmandvdMerwe Junior Member • Posts: 42
A rose by another name

The 60mm Macro remains a gem.

ArmandvdMerwe's gear list:ArmandvdMerwe's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,309
Full Moon Rising

Just got home from shooting this tonight then noticed some aurora activity had kicked up...

-- hide signature --
 kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Vermont3133
Vermont3133 Contributing Member • Posts: 853
Potato Vine

X-T100, 50mm f/2

Vermont3133's gear list:Vermont3133's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
tribpc
tribpc Forum Member • Posts: 71
Old apartment in Saigon, Vietnam

tribpc's gear list:tribpc's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +1 more
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,388

BobsYourUncle wrote:

OK, Bob, you're not fooling anybody. I know darn well that these were taken in your garage. If we continue with all this conspicuous consumption, I'm going to have to show off my wheels as well (a gorgeous, sleek, red Mazda CX-5 SUV and a very fancy stealth black Nissan Versa 4-door). I'll pause for a moment as you take all that luxury in and try to imagine how cool my garage looks right now..........

They actually had a 2015 Aston Martin Vanquish for well under $100K USD. Thought about getting into it to see how it felt. I don't think my wife would allow me back into the house if that one came home with me.....

Bob

I had better not show you my car, you`ll both want it bad An 18 year old TDi Golf that has been my favourite car for many a long year ( and that includes the many Audi`s Mercs and Beemers that I have owned

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +12 more
Joe Brush
Joe Brush Senior Member • Posts: 1,099
Midlothian

Gladhouse in monochrome.

Mistery.

Gushing.

Beyond these walls.

No fish today.

Hidden valley.

Life in the grassed lane.

The old Gallagher place.

As the crows fly.

Gathering moss.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Joe.

Joe Brush's gear list:Joe Brush's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Mustafa K Senior Member • Posts: 1,673
Portland, OR, street images

-- hide signature --

Mustafa K.
--
Galleries:
Photos from exhibitions: http://www.redbrook.smugmug.com

Mustafa K's gear list:Mustafa K's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-T20
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 8,172

Seen in Chinatown in Washington DC: Flashy without the cost.

100% crop from X-T100 and Rokinon 21mm F1.4 lens set to maybe F4.5.   Careful sharpening was needed and I probably could have done better with this:

Very cool.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-T100 +10 more
Tom Schum
Re: The MOONRAKER is back again...

It's really pretty amazing to be able to just look up in the night sky and see another world so close by.  It has certainly intercepted many mass-extinction-sized objects over the past few billion years, too.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-T100 +10 more
Tom Schum
Re: Potato Vine

Beautiful shot!

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum
Re: Old apartment in Saigon, Vietnam

Interesting colors and low contrasts! I especially like the last image.  What lens were you using?

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum
Re: Portland, OR, street images

Mustafa K wrote:

This is the best rich vs poor contrast image I've seen for a long time.  We have homeless in the Washington DC area too, and plenty of them.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads