WIRECUTTER VPN REVIEW/JUNE 2018

Started Aug 15, 2018 | Discussions
lightandaprayer Veteran Member • Posts: 4,813
WIRECUTTER VPN REVIEW/JUNE 2018

Wirecutter.com ran a personal VPN review back in April that was updated on June 1st. There seem to be many VPN review websites but the ones I have looked at thoroughly sometimes come across as being a tad dodgy. They are either influenced by VPN advertising or they focus on features that appeal mainly to people doing potentially questionable activities like BitTorrent to download copyrighted material, etc.

I can see where some people will be put off by such VPN review websites. . . IMO Wirecutter is a cut above many review websites, whether they focused on VPN and , or websites that review more consumer products. I'm glad that Wirecutter brought back reader comments because I think that they add something valuable to review websites.

At any rate, based on what I read on Wirecutter I recently signed-up with its top-rated IVPN after testing it during a 3-day free trial period. I have been a satisfied customer of Witopia.net for 10 years (I subscribed in June 2008) but I have been casually looking for a possible replacement for now.

Now I'm not writing this to say that everyone should sign-up with IVPN nor do I think that Witopia is terrible; I wouldn't have stayed with them so long if the service hadn't met my needs. I just want to let folks know about the personal VPN review, especially if you are in the market for such a service. It can be tough going through the reviews and there are a lot of possible reasons for going with one service over another, particularly if you are an online privacy true believer/advocate like me. I think that Wirecutter does a very good job of distilling those reasons down to the most important ones for average computer users who aren't doing anything illegal or that might attract the ill-will of the NSA.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-vpn-service/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=RSS%20Feed

dwayne22
dwayne22 New Member • Posts: 4
Re: WIRECUTTER VPN REVIEW/JUNE 2018

Wirecutter have done a good review but still i do not find it unbiased,In my opinion the vpnmentor and USA VPN are best VPN review websites and i always found them usefull.

OP lightandaprayer Veteran Member • Posts: 4,813
Re: WIRECUTTER VPN REVIEW/JUNE 2018

dwayne22 wrote:

Wirecutter have done a good review but still i do not find it unbiased,In my opinion the vpnmentor andUSA VPN are best VPN review websites and i always found them usefull.

Interesting. . .  In what way do you think that Wirecutter is biased vs. vpnmentor and USA VPN?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads