DC ZS70 Digital Zoom

Started 4 months ago | Questions
GRHack New Member • Posts: 1
DC ZS70 Digital Zoom

I have just purchased the Panasonic DC ZS70 and for the life of me, cannot get the digital zoom to activate. I have gone through the manual and made sure I have all the settings turned off that will automatically disable digital zoom but still cannot get it to activate. What am I missing?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (Lumix DC-TZ90)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Boo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,619
Re: DC ZS70 Digital Zoom

GRHack wrote:

I have just purchased the Panasonic DC ZS70 and for the life of me, cannot get the digital zoom to activate. I have gone through the manual and made sure I have all the settings turned off that will automatically disable digital zoom but still cannot get it to activate. What am I missing?

I have the ZS50/TZ70 and digital zoom isn't available to me as I shoot RAW and it's only available in certain image sizes - are you recording an image size/shape that precludes EZ being available?

-- hide signature --

Most recent photos in my blog:
www.boo-creations.co.uk/blog/

CaliforniaDave Senior Member • Posts: 1,455

GRHack wrote:

Are you shooting RAW? Are you in one of the scene modes instead of something like A, P, S and M?

cagh New Member • Posts: 12

GRHack wrote:

Well, you're certainly missing the "Advanced User Manual"

Download one and have a look at pages 236-239. Don't believe everything that's stated there, but at least it gives you some clues.

One thing that is definitely true is that digital zooming and the like do not work in case you are storing the picture (also) in RAW format - it works only in JPG exclusively! And even if you've got that right, then only i.Zoom works - the Digital Zoom option stays faded. {This might have to do with the notion that the menu system seems to be used in other models too, e.g. TZ 101/TZ81).

i.Zoom option gives you the doubling of the focal length by a factor two - just as advertised. Digital Zoom should enable another factor of 2, but I wonder wheteher you're really interested in it - I find the i.Zoom doubling already qualitatively worse than enhancing/cropping the RAW-picture later on my desktop. But in bright sunshine and with a steady hand you might be lucky to get a good shot out of it. Success!

Gal Root
Gal Root Regular Member • Posts: 465

GRHack wrote:

Disable RAW.

Gal Root's gear list:Gal Root's gear list
Canon PowerShot D20 Panasonic FZ1000 LG G5 LG V30
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads