Can you recognize this lens?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Can you recognize this lens?

Is this lens for micro 4/3 or for old 4/3 cameras?

glassoholic
glassoholic Senior Member • Posts: 3,095
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
5

Looks like the m43 version to me.

-- hide signature --

M43 equivalence: "Twice the fun with half the weight"
"You are a long time dead" -
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me. Make the best you can of every day!

hedleyw
hedleyw Regular Member • Posts: 229
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
1

Is it labelled zuiko or m.zuiko?

-- hide signature --

Hedley

 hedleyw's gear list:hedleyw's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Nikon D500 +15 more
OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

There is written "M.Zuiko".

The seller doesn't know the system exactly.

JaKing Senior Member • Posts: 4,354
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
2

I have all three 40-150 lenses. This is the later version of the mFTs 40-150 R

-- hide signature --

br, john, from you know where
My gear list and sordid past are here: https://www.dpreview.com/members/1558378718/overview
Gallery: https://www.canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/page/gallery/

 JaKing's gear list:JaKing's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus E-1 +23 more
tt321
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,049
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
5

Pomo wrote:

There is written "M.Zuiko".

The seller doesn't know the system exactly.

M means mFT.

OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
1

JaKing wrote:

I have all three 40-150 lenses. This is the later version of the mFTs 40-150 R

Ok, thank you.

I just ordered it for 50$.

OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

I got it, thank you.

JaKing Senior Member • Posts: 4,354
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
1

Pomo wrote:

JaKing wrote:

I have all three 40-150 lenses. This is the later version of the mFTs 40-150 R

Ok, thank you.

I just ordered it for 50$.

It's cheap and nasty, weighs next to nothing, is Movie Still Compatible, and takes amazingly good photos!

All the best with it. $45 is like stealing ...

-- hide signature --

br, john, from you know where
My gear list and sordid past are here: https://www.dpreview.com/members/1558378718/overview
Gallery: https://www.canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/page/gallery/

 JaKing's gear list:JaKing's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus E-1 +23 more
OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

Yes, it's cheap (45$ for the lens and 5$ for delivery). Maybe the seller thought that this is an old version of the lens. He got it from his wife's camera double kit.

I just want to try shot some telephoto on the street.

glassoholic
glassoholic Senior Member • Posts: 3,095
Re: Can you recognize this lens?
1

Pomo wrote:

Yes, it's cheap (45$ for the lens and 5$ for delivery). Maybe the seller thought that this is an old version of the lens. He got it from his wife's camera double kit.

I just want to try shot some telephoto on the street.

Enjoy... it is arguably the greatest value lens in the system... along with the Oly 45mm f1.8 and 19, 30 and 60mm f2.8 Sigmas.

-- hide signature --

M43 equivalence: "Twice the fun with half the weight"
"You are a long time dead" -
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me. Make the best you can of every day!

OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

glassoholic wrote:

Pomo wrote:

Yes, it's cheap (45$ for the lens and 5$ for delivery). Maybe the seller thought that this is an old version of the lens. He got it from his wife's camera double kit.

I just want to try shot some telephoto on the street.

Enjoy... it is arguably the greatest value lens in the system... along with the Oly 45mm f1.8 and 19, 30 and 60mm f2.8 Sigmas.

Yes, I've got 45/1.8 new, and it costs every cent of its price.

Sergey_Green
Sergey_Green Forum Pro • Posts: 11,751
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

Pretty sure I have seen it many years ago, so are you buying it?

-- hide signature --

- sergey

OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

Sergey_Green wrote:

Pretty sure I have seen it many years ago, so are you buying it?

Yes, I just bought 40-150. The seller has sended it to me.

Dave in Wales
Dave in Wales Regular Member • Posts: 313
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

For the price this lens is a 'gift'

OP Pomo Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

Dave in Wales wrote:

For the price this lens is a 'gift'

I'm waiting for the gift now hoping this used lens will be fine quality.

Tim Reidy Productions
Tim Reidy Productions Senior Member • Posts: 2,876
yes this is the R version
2

this is not 4/3  its m43

the 4/3 was f3.5 f4.5 and not f4-5.6

 Tim Reidy Productions's gear list:Tim Reidy Productions's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +2 more
glassoholic
glassoholic Senior Member • Posts: 3,095
Re: Can you recognize this lens?

Pomo wrote:

glassoholic wrote:

Pomo wrote:

Yes, it's cheap (45$ for the lens and 5$ for delivery). Maybe the seller thought that this is an old version of the lens. He got it from his wife's camera double kit.

I just want to try shot some telephoto on the street.

Enjoy... it is arguably the greatest value lens in the system... along with the Oly 45mm f1.8 and 19, 30 and 60mm f2.8 Sigmas.

Yes, I've got 45/1.8 new, and it costs every cent of its price.

The problem might be that the 40-150 4-5.6 works so well that you will soon be wanting the 40-150 Pro... that happened to me! In other words the results will encourage you to expand your horizons to shooting action in lower light and conditions and of subjects you never thought possible.

-- hide signature --

M43 equivalence: "Twice the fun with half the weight"
"You are a long time dead" -
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me. Make the best you can of every day!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads