Canon's Digital Photo Pro Tethering Question

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
grayskyz New Member • Posts: 16
Canon's Digital Photo Pro Tethering Question

Tethering works well, but afterwards, is there a way to advance to the next frame? Example, I take 3 shots, the first pops up and I can see it fine. I take 2 or 3 additional and it's still stuck on the first frame. I have to physically grab the mouse and hunt for the other images. It doesn't seem to auto advance to the next frame. In Lightroom, you can tether and as you take a shot it shows a preview and stays until you take another shot, and then it shows that one. Thanks in advance!

grayskyz's gear list:grayskyz's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 17,847
Re: Canon's Digital Photo Pro Tethering Question

grayskyz wrote:

Tethering works well, but afterwards, is there a way to advance to the next frame? Example, I take 3 shots, the first pops up and I can see it fine. I take 2 or 3 additional and it's still stuck on the first frame. I have to physically grab the mouse and hunt for the other images. It doesn't seem to auto advance to the next frame. In Lightroom, you can tether and as you take a shot it shows a preview and stays until you take another shot, and then it shows that one. Thanks in advance!

Are you using the EOS Utility for this because you said DPP.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
OP grayskyz New Member • Posts: 16

Yes, I'm using Eos Utilities 3.0 and then it launches DPP as the viewer. but, they next few shots dont auto populate or advance to the newest image

grayskyz's gear list:grayskyz's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 17,847

grayskyz wrote:

Yes, I'm using Eos Utilities 3.0 and then it launches DPP as the viewer. but, they next few shots dont auto populate or advance to the newest image

Been a while since I used it. Last time when had Quick Mode AF to MFA.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
curlyone
curlyone Contributing Member • Posts: 685

Hi,  Gray,  I'm using a Cable connect, good luck with the wireless connection, just me, but i found , if you select Remote Shooting  in DPP  , what your trying to achieve is possible, to get a centre picture , select one of the Picture modes down the bottom on the Left hand side.

curlyone

Hi              i just realized i did have an old ver of lightroom on the computer, ver 4 something and its doing the changes , not DPP,

curlyone

hI, Sorry , i'm doing this on the run, learning my self, take my first advice post , select remote shooting , there you can select , Live View, you will be shooting LV, might be a bit slow for some , but at least the picture updates on new shots , got my wireless working now.

all in DPP.

curlyone

Hi,  forget all my post, too unreliable, sorry.

nicolas guilbert Regular Member • Posts: 237

It is a while I used DPP tethering. But I encountered the same problem at the time while also using Aperture before it got tethered shooting. The solution was to use Aperture as a viewer only with some Hot Folder settings. I believe it should be possible to do the same with some other image browser software.

-- hide signature --
 nicolas guilbert's gear list:nicolas guilbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
curlyone

Hi, Nic, I had it working , if you read my Post or 4, but i found it unreliable, mainly for me anyway, i'm sure on earlier versions of Utilility, you could select save to the Camera as well as the Computer , and i cant find that option anywhere, now, and i would not use this setup without being able to do that, if that option is still there, i would like to know where it is.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads