rx100m6, you can take it with you,

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 15,544
rx100m6, you can take it with you,

off on an errand, wrong time of day, but, passing Fred's garden, lots of tall trees to filter the harsh midday light,

on the way home

no cpl, it did pretty good

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 25,817
Re: rx100m6, you can take it with you,

Excellent work, Elliott!

elliottnewcomb wrote:

off on an errand, wrong time of day, but, passing Fred's garden, lots of tall trees to filter the harsh midday light,

on the way home

Elliott

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com
Latest postings are always at the bottom of each page.

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +22 more
Karl Scharf
Karl Scharf Veteran Member • Posts: 3,976

elliottnewcomb wrote:

on the way home

Elliott

Very nice, specially if these are straight out of the camera jpegs. Great natural colors!

You can take this camera with you almost anywhere you go, but you can't take your money with you when your 6 feet under!

-- hide signature --

...."Sony, your crap is so good"....love this quote!

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a77 II Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +8 more
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 15,544

thanks Steve,

on the way home, Westfield, a nearby town, hit the brakes. The clouds were stubborn, I was there a long time waiting for them to move

main shots all 10 mp optical, 24, 24, 50, 65mm you could have used m3,4,5

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more

noticed nice old light fixture center of round porch

tilt lcd down, raise hands as high as possible, shoot, (rx100m1, m2 doesn't tilt low enough, and wonderful RX1r would be worthless here

using SZ smart zoom, optical crop, no upscale.

20mp 200 optical crop

10mp 200 optical

10mp SZ smart zoom 1.4x 280mm

5mp SZ 2.0x 400mm (stepped onto the lawn, so taken closer)

Elliott

Always Jpeg from me. OOC, except, I often lift shadows, occassionally cut highlights a squeak, rarely sharpen.

I love Sony Jpeg colors, from my S85, R1, rx100m1,3,6. I never mess with them.

did you see the Samsung cell phone colors in this video? OP said he liked them. rx100 colors did not look good in that video, they sure got these flowers beautifully

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4305392

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Karl Scharf
Karl Scharf Veteran Member • Posts: 3,976

The 5mp SZ 2.0x 400mm image is disappointing, what happened to the highlights?

-- hide signature --

...."Sony, your crap is so good"....love this quote!

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a77 II Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +8 more

OK Karl, and Harry, the excuses pile up.

I was tired, and sweating like a horse.

My grandmother, a grand dame, always said "horses sweat, people perspire".

I blew the settings for the original, then cut the crap out of the highlights, something I never do, but, gimme some slack, the camera was full arms up, way over my head, I couldn't do more than check the framing and guess it was high enough to get some space below the lamp. I aimed for the V in the hydrangeas for that reason.

I was just trying 5mp sz 2.0, to see how grainy it might be. I'll do better sometime soon

original

my edit, trying to show the lamp better

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Mina J
Mina J Senior Member • Posts: 2,821

elliottnewcomb wrote:

on the way home

Elliott

I think they all look wonderful.  Knew you could make it work beautifully and at a bargain to.

mina

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Nikon D300 Nikon D750

Now, one of the reasons I am keeping, and love this m6.

I did not bend my knees or back, not an inch! Or move from my original position for any photo.

Simply zoomed it, took the shot, zoomed in some more. Changed Image Size to 10mp got SZ 1.4x 280mm, down to 5mp, got SZ 2.0x 400mm. Back to 20mp 200mm.

I have some Zoom Series I will be posting. Stand, aim at flower on the ground:

20mp: 24, 70 (end of m3,4,5), 200. 10mp Smart Zoom 1.4x 280. 5mp SZ 2.0x 400mm.

The SZ 280mm and SZ 400mm are practice for shooting kids sports with this 1" sensor, compared to my current Stylus 1 zoom with constant f2.8, smaller sensor 1/1.7".

IF good enough, that moves me down from Jacket Pocket Zoom to pants pocket zoom, with much larger sensor. Of course, for sports, rx100m6,  it will need to be decent light for the f4.5 being used.

Whoopeeeeeeeee.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Mina J
Mina J Senior Member • Posts: 2,821

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Now, one of the reasons I am keeping, and love this m6.

I did not bend my knees or back, not an inch! Or move from my original position for any photo.

Simply zoomed it, took the shot, zoomed in some more. Changed Image Size to 10mp got SZ 1.4x 280mm, down to 5mp, got SZ 2.0x 400mm. Back to 20mp 200mm.

I have some Zoom Series I will be posting. Stand, aim at flower on the ground:

20mp: 24, 70 (end of m3,4,5), 200. 10mp Smart Zoom 1.4x 280. 5mp SZ 2.0x 400mm.

The SZ 280mm and SZ 400mm are practice for shooting kids sports with this 1" sensor, compared to my current Stylus 1 zoom with constant f2.8, smaller sensor 1/1.7".

IF good enough, that moves me down from Jacket Pocket Zoom to pants pocket zoom, with much larger sensor. Of course, for sports, rx100m6, it will need to be decent light for the f4.5 being used.

Whoopeeeeeeeee.

That's great Elliott and thank you cause I'm printing the above as a reference.

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Pstmstr Regular Member • Posts: 268

Dang it Elliott, I keep resisting the temptation to buy this camera and you keep posting great shots like these.

Pstmstr's gear list:Pstmstr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens +3 more

Pstmstr wrote:

Dang it Elliott, I keep resisting the temptation to buy this camera and you keep posting great shots like these.

Look closely, there is a collar on that Butterfly, with a Sony Logo!

I saw her, walked a long way around, got near that big flowering shrub, and the bees and single butterfly came back repeatedly, occasionally within a few feet. Luck.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Ok, found one online at Bestbuy open box excellent  fir $1019. Not quite the deal you got but couldn’t resist. 14 day returns so I’ll be able to check it out.

Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens +3 more

Pstmstr wrote:

Ok, found one online at Bestbuy open box excellent fir $1019. Not quite the deal you got but couldn’t resist. 14 day returns so I’ll be able to check it out.

Congrats, you got one 1 notch up in their grading system, mine had a messed up box, that put it down 1 notch, then I had the advantage of the hang up saga.

As for the EVF, (this one moves also), I think many of us are going to wait until Sony has a replacement EVF, perhaps send them in for warranty repair in the winter.

I have already mastered the soft lift, right finger on top of EVf, left finger releases it, up softly, no shock, no movement, thus usable without re-adjustment. Actually, the soft lift might be preventative even after replacement. And, the few that don't move now, it might be smart to soft lift them anyway.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

I’m going to be shooting grandkids baseball and softball thru a fence so will be using display most of the time.

Charles Regular Member • Posts: 212

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Pstmstr wrote:

Ok, found one online at Bestbuy open box excellent fir $1019. Not quite the deal you got but couldn’t resist. 14 day returns so I’ll be able to check it out.

Congrats, you got one 1 notch up in their grading system, mine had a messed up box, that put it down 1 notch, then I had the advantage of the hang up saga.

As for the EVF, (this one moves also), I think many of us are going to wait until Sony has a replacement EVF, perhaps send them in for warranty repair in the winter.

I have already mastered the soft lift, right finger on top of EVf, left finger releases it, up softly, no shock, no movement, thus usable without re-adjustment. Actually, the soft lift might be preventative even after replacement. And, the few that don't move now, it might be smart to soft lift them anyway.

I returned mine to Best Buy but I am itching for another one. I am missing it. LOL. Might order it again and see if I can get one without the issue. It appears they don't all. I spent 30 minutes with the display model popping  that one up and down, and it didn't move on the display mode!

-- hide signature --

Charles

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads