This month with your Nikon 1 - August 2018

Started Aug 1, 2018 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 432
This month with your Nikon 1 - August 2018

Welcome to another monthly thread! Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2018: July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,432
J5 Abstract

This one was shot at the Charlie Jazz festival, in july. A very nice place to listen to very good music.

C&C welcome

Converted from raw with DxO, then reduced to 2500 px in Photoshop and saved for web.

I don't know why the exif is gone. Maybe it's because I've chosen "Save for web" in Photoshop. I was told to do so to preserve color rendition.

F/5, iso 6400, 1/125s -0.7 EV

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,168
the look

taken last month, been mainly shooting a Dslr again.....but not very much as it's too hot to do anything here

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
WildImages
WildImages Contributing Member • Posts: 669
Underwater with the AW1

Arctic Grayling in a stream in North Park, Colorado.  The stream is highly turbid as it is fed from snow melt.

Arctic Grayling

WildImages's gear list:WildImages's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon 1 AW1 Sony a9 Canon EOS 90D Canon EOS R5 +11 more
WildImages
WildImages Contributing Member • Posts: 669
Re: J5 Abstract

André BARELIER wrote:

This one was shot at the Charlie Jazz festival, in july. A very nice place to listen to very good music.

C&C welcome

Converted from raw with DxO, then reduced to 2500 px in Photoshop and saved for web.

I don't know why the exif is gone. Maybe it's because I've chosen "Save for web" in Photoshop. I was told to do so to preserve color rendition.

F/5, iso 6400, 1/125s -0.7 EV

Yes, "save for web" strips EXIF data.

WildImages's gear list:WildImages's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon 1 AW1 Sony a9 Canon EOS 90D Canon EOS R5 +11 more
primrose Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - August 2018

I have so many butterflies in my garden this year.  This swallow tail was so active could barely get its pecture. Thought the colors were beautiful and wanted to share.

mrdebian Junior Member • Posts: 35

Earlier today in south Crete, Greece. Nikon J5, 10-100 at 10mm f5.6, iso 400, 1/250

mrdebian's gear list:mrdebian's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE +3 more
André BARELIER

mrdebian wrote:

Earlier today in south Crete, Greece. Nikon J5, 10-100 at 10mm f5.6, iso 400, 1/250

Beautiful image. I don't see why you used iso400 and 1/250s. Maybe you were in a boat, and wanted to freeze motion blur?

Anyway, the image doesn't suffer from that choice: no noise to speak about.

Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

André

Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
mrdebian Junior Member • Posts: 35

Hi Andre,

I had auto iso up to 800 as I had many blur images in the past due to shoot from my kayak. This particular is not from a kayak (I was in Aperture priority mode) but taken inside a relatively dark cave and I focused on the reflection.
I used a polarised filter too.

mrdebian's gear list:mrdebian's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE +3 more
André BARELIER

mrdebian wrote:

Hi Andre,

I had auto iso up to 800 as I had many blur images in the past due to shoot from my kayak. This particular is not from a kayak (I was in Aperture priority mode) but taken inside a relatively dark cave and I focused on the reflection.
I used a polarised filter too.

Ah. I see. Great idea to use a polariser.

Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --

André

Testudo Man Regular Member • Posts: 174
Re: Common Blue Butterfly(female).

A "fresh" Common Blue butterfly(f).

Nikon V1/30-110mm lens/500D close up filter/lens.

Jpeg, cropped some, wild butterfly.

Testudo Man's gear list:Testudo Man's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic G85
dave
dave Senior Member • Posts: 1,486
Juvenile Bullfinch

For the last three weeks we've had male and female Bullfinches in the garden to feed and bathe in our waterfall. Today this youngster turned up, bit forlorn in the rain and couldn't work out how to eat from the feeders so sat on the wall and eat what others dropped. No sign of adults today 

Bullfinch juvenile

V3+FT1+ 300mm f4E PF.

Dave

Stefan BW Senior Member • Posts: 1,462
Feather Finder

Occasionally I go through old folders. This shot was a nice surprise:

Finding a feather

Stefan BW's gear list:Stefan BW's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
Sangster Contributing Member • Posts: 986
Pride

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
André BARELIER
Re: Pride

Sangster wrote:

Good catch, I must say... 

-- hide signature --

André

MarcoGV Junior Member • Posts: 28
Easter Amberwing Dragonfly

Photo taken on Harbor Island, South Carolina, at about noon on August 11, 2018. Nikon 1 S1 with "new" (no metal mounting ring) Canon FD 135mm f/3.5 lens. Any criticism is welcome!

Male Easter Amberwing Dragonfly

MarcoGV's gear list:MarcoGV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S02 Nikon 1 S1 Nikon 1 J4 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +1 more
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 5,936

The old oak

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D2X +16 more
Sangster Contributing Member • Posts: 986
Re: Pride

Thanks. I thought it was more interesting than seeing our Prime Minister in the parade.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Halina123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,438
Not posting images

I obtained some nice photos with my 30-110mm lens last week.

But I'm not posting them here because of confidentiality and copyright issues.

I work with adults who need support because of their challenging behaviour due to complex mental and physical disabilities.

Last week we went to an annual sports day out with clients from other centres to a proper sports centre.

The N1 system with the 30-110 was ideal, light,  easy to carry, focus was fast and spot on with people in a state of motion.

Photography and video at work is strictly forbidden and a sackable offence.  I obtained permission from the centre general manager to take photos of the sports events.

I got some great shots with a variety of action photos of people running, wheelchair racing, javiln throwing, shot puts. Also many discreet and informal shots.

The best images were of people's facial expressions and looks of pure joy as they enjoyed themselves.  Unfortunately these images are confidential and blurring out the faces would spoil the image totally.

I've given a full copy of the  photos to the management of the centre and they are very happy.  And I've also been showing the images to the staff and clients who actually attended the sports day.  The are also satisfied.

But other staff who didn't attend the sports meeting are very formal and abrupt, quoting rules and regulations against photography at work and threatening to report me and have me dismissed.

Wensel Contributing Member • Posts: 688
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 my offering

A refugee girl. In Bangladesh.

-- hide signature --

Paul
plkphotos.smugmug.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads