Taking the D500 to the skatepark with Jeromy Green

Started Jul 10, 2018 | Discussions
Stian Olaisen
Stian Olaisen Regular Member • Posts: 322
Taking the D500 to the skatepark with Jeromy Green

Coming from small birds in flight this was easier than expected. The D500 made it to all too easy. The 200-500 are also more than fast enough for this kind of action but I mostly used the 70-200 VR2.

6 years old

This is is 10 years old

Jeromy Green

Here I am thinking "Holy crap, what a speed!" He's getting so fast towards me that I have NO chance of zooming back to get whole him into the shot! Still, against me or not, the D500 just holds his eyeballs in focus like its the easiest thing in the world!

Well there was a few Hope you enjoyed it

Stian Olaisen's gear list:Stian Olaisen's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
tom graham Senior Member • Posts: 1,702
Re: Taking the D500 to the skatepark with Jeromy Green

WOW!!!  30(?) images posted!!!!  That could be a forum record!!!!

OP - pick one that you think is best.

Tom

n057 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,920

tom graham wrote:

WOW!!! 30(?) images posted!!!! That could be a forum record!!!!

Tom

Even more Wow! You can count !!!!

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Hansa Yindee
Hansa Yindee Veteran Member • Posts: 4,416

Good job, the two young kids

are my favorites, very cool ..;-)

-- hide signature --
 Hansa Yindee's gear list:Hansa Yindee's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D1X Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
nipprdog Senior Member • Posts: 1,125

tom graham wrote:

Tom

Also, someone will quote the OP, including all of the pics, just to say "Nicely done!"

I quite counting . . .

n057 wrote:

tom graham wrote:

Tom

Even more Wow! You can count !!!!

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

No, actually not. I quite counting after I ran out of toes and fingers and testicle!! So can't get past 21.

Tom

Morris0
Morris0 Senior Member • Posts: 8,994

I started liking the images and then as I scrolled I started feeling like I was watching uncle John's slide show from his cross country trip.  Where are the wide angle photos from below with the sky in the background?

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +12 more
robbo d Senior Member • Posts: 2,779
Question

Sold the bulk of my Pentax gear and will look for a replacement brand in the near future.

The sony face and eye detection atttacts me but seeing this makes me ask the question.

Does Nikons AF system follow faces in much the same way as sony?

A recent image on facebook by a guy i know who is a samyang ambassador was beta testing a new 85 f1.4 and on his Canon 1dx he nailed a mountainbiker racing towards him through the trees at f1.4..... i didnt know that was even possible and certainly not with Pentax....lol.

Its kind of a battle between D500 & a7iii ... kind of use to DSLRs but open to change and keen on 3rd party lenses.

Just how spectacularly well will a D500 follow a brides or models eyes around the frame?

PhotoMinded New Member • Posts: 8

Why?  Is there a forum rule about the number of photos that can be posted?

10 images

PhotoMinded wrote:

Why? Is there a forum rule about the number of photos that can be posted?

read the rules for posting. Number 18, 10 images.

And I think that is too generous. Four images would be better. And one really good image is best of all.

Tom

arniebook Senior Member • Posts: 1,108

Morris0 wrote:

I started liking the images and then as I scrolled I started feeling like I was watching uncle John's slide show from his cross country trip. Where are the wide angle photos from below with the sky in the background?

Morris

Ditto ... posting so many images made the responses more about the quantity than the quality of the images.

Arnie

-- hide signature --

What we spend on this stuff is equal to the depth of our pockets squared ($²) times what we (j)ustify in our minds as to what we expect to do with our pictures plus (+) the (e)njoyment we experience from using our stuff and sharing the result ... $xxxx=$²(j+e )

arniebook's gear list:arniebook's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads