CLI42 Carts & Cleaning them (Joe) or anyone.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions
MrScary Veteran Member • Posts: 6,423
CLI42 Carts & Cleaning them (Joe) or anyone.

CLI42 Carts & Cleaning them out. I have cleaned out some of the carts but realized I drilled the hole in wrong place on 4 of them. Can those holes be plugged up. Have now taken out that ball in the other part so they got two holes.

The Yellow was cleaned with what Joe recommended so no yellow in it that I can see.

Is it OK to use it. I still baffled as to why I don't get consistent B&W on my Canon 100s either in Photoshop, Lightroom or Qimage Ultimate or canons Print Pro. What the Heck am I doing wrong.

Printers Hate Me...LOL

Cheers Folks..

-- hide signature --
 MrScary's gear list:MrScary's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Epson Stylus Photo R3000
DavidArmenPhoto Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: CLI42 Carts & Cleaning them (Joe) or anyone.

Depends on where the hole is... usually a little hot glue will fix the issue. But we need to know where exactly the unnecessary hole is located on the cart.

DavidArmenPhoto's gear list:DavidArmenPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon Pixma Pro-100
jefftee Regular Member • Posts: 227

I would get 4 new carts and start over personally. Unless you can ensure that you plug up both holes completely airtight, I doubt the cart will function correctly.

Petruska Veteran Member • Posts: 8,351

MrScary wrote:

CLI42 Carts & Cleaning them out. I have cleaned out some of the carts but realized I drilled the hole in wrong place on 4 of them. Can those holes be plugged up. Have now taken out that ball in the other part so they got two holes.

The Yellow was cleaned with what Joe recommended so no yellow in it that I can see.

Is it OK to use it. I still baffled as to why I don't get consistent B&W on my Canon 100s either in Photoshop, Lightroom or Qimage Ultimate or canons Print Pro. What the Heck am I doing wrong.

Printers Hate Me...LOL

Cheers Folks..

Epson CLI-8 cartridge "bodies" are exactly the same as CLI-42 cartridge bodies.  It's easy to swap the CLI-42 chips to the CLI-8  cart bodies.  The CLI-8 carts are easier to find and flush.

Bob P.

OP MrScary Veteran Member • Posts: 6,423

Thank You Folks....Hole is where one would think it should be. (too much using Epson carts lol) on the end towards back of cart near clip. just right of the one that has the ball. I reckon I can plug it and put araldite around it..Cheers

-- hide signature --
 MrScary's gear list:MrScary's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Epson Stylus Photo R3000
DavidArmenPhoto Forum Member • Posts: 56

MrScary wrote:

Thank You Folks....Hole is where one would think it should be. (too much using Epson carts lol) on the end towards back of cart near clip. just right of the one that has the ball. I reckon I can plug it and put araldite around it..Cheers

Honestly if you know what you’re doing then some glue will patch it up real good...

Others will say to toss it and get a new cart. I’d personally try permanently plugging the hole unless it’s in an extremely sensitive area which it looks like it’s not.

DavidArmenPhoto's gear list:DavidArmenPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon Pixma Pro-100
aVolanche Veteran Member • Posts: 3,846

MrScary wrote:

Printers Hate Me...LOL

Cheers Folks..

It is very difficult to get a good, permanent, seal for a hole on these polypropylene

cartridges. I have used various glues,screws, etc. with initial success, but eventual failure.

I just came up with a foolproof method (well, almost fool-proof). I took an old Canon cartridge as a "donor".

Basically, I melted a small piece of the plastic and smeared it over the hole. I used a mini-

butane torch to melt the plastic on the flat surface of a small knife. I melts well and stays

molten long enough to smear over the hole. It absolutely seals! I used it over the 5/32"

hole made for flushing a CLI-42.  Yours are probably smaller holes and easier to seal.

Fred

aVolanche's gear list:aVolanche's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon D810 Nikon D5500 Nikon D500 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads