Canon EOS 100D vs 800D vs XXXD

Started 4 months ago | Questions
Cameron Teasdale New Member • Posts: 1
Canon EOS 100D vs 800D vs XXXD

I am fairly new to photography and have been using a Canon EOS 100D lately as a test run while trying to decide on what camera to purchase. The camera I am looking at is the Canon EOS 800D.

I have been looking into a lot of the Canon DSLR range, and I think I have learnt the differences between the amount of numbers in the model, eg.- XXD is superior than XXXXD. (Please correct me if I am wrong about this.)

My question is, whats the difference between all XXXD models?

Why is the 800D superior to the 100D, when the 100D is superior to the 1000D?

Is there a scale here, and how does it work?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
SoCalWill
SoCalWill Senior Member • Posts: 4,726
Re: Canon EOS 100D vs 800D vs XXXD

Go to CameraDecision.com; input two cameras you'd like to compare, it will show you the complete list of features, capabilities, dimensions for both side-by-side.

Check out Pentax's entry-level offerings if you're looking for features-for-the-dollar.

-- hide signature --

Digital Camera and Adobe Photoshop user since 1999.
Adobe Lightroom is my adult coloring book.

SoCalWill's gear list:SoCalWill's gear list
Sony RX100 III Pentax K-S2 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Apple iPhone 7 Plus
photosen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,042
Re: Canon EOS 100D vs 800D vs XXXD

Cameron Teasdale wrote:

I am fairly new to photography and have been using a Canon EOS 100D lately as a test run while trying to decide on what camera to purchase. The camera I am looking at is the Canon EOS 800D.

I have been looking into a lot of the Canon DSLR range, and I think I have learnt the differences between the amount of numbers in the model, eg.- XXD is superior than XXXXD. (Please correct me if I am wrong about this.)

My question is, whats the difference between all XXXD models?

Why is the 800D superior to the 100D, when the 100D is superior to the 1000D?

Is there a scale here, and how does it work?

Different customer segments:

1000D: stripped down entry level DSRL, for very budget conscious customers... WHo don't realize they can buy very nice older models, new or used.

100D: specialty smallest DSLR; decide if you're ok with its lack of grip (some people will be fine, others not). The 200D is an even nicer deal, and has an actual grip, but the 100D is probably going for peanuts.

800D: much more recent entry level DSLR.

70D / 80D: mid segment DSLRs, you get two control wheels, nicer viewfinder, better autofocus, more rugged construction; but even chunkier and heavier...

Make sure you can get the lenses you want, before deciding on the camera.

-- hide signature --

The best bokeh goes unnoticed, grasshopper.

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads