An excellent MFT camera body

Started Jun 1, 2018 | User reviews
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 2,532
An excellent MFT camera body

I've owned the PL1, PL3, PL6, and P3, and this M10 is by far the most capable and best camera body in the Olympus MFT series of any earlier model I've owned.

The M10 has wheels on top of the camera that can be set to program shutter speed and aperture.

There is a usable, high definition, viewfinder on the M10, if you want to use it.

There is a built in flash.

It uses all the same batteries as the PL series, and the current M10 III.

It has an easy to use WiFi connection for loading photos to your smart phone.

It has blazing fast auto focus, using  the current 16mp sensor that Olympus uses in all my the flagship Pen 4 and OMD-M1 II models.

The three axis stabilization is in the body, and is better than the previous two axis systems.  This camera can take hand held star shots at midnight using a kit lens.  The newer five axis stabilization systems are even better, but the M10 system is extremely capable in its own right.  This camera is capable of taking sharp one second hand held exposures in low light.  How much stabilization, do you really need?

The best part is this capable camera body, can usually be bought for about two hundred dollars or so.

How much will the lenses cost, you'll put on it?

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +13 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
16 megapixels • 3 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Jan 29, 2014
Humansvillian's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Leica M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ken Croft Senior Member • Posts: 1,739
Re: An excellent MFT camera body

The sensor in the E-M10 is NOT the same as in the E-M1 mk 2.

revio Senior Member • Posts: 1,836

Ken Croft wrote:

I think he mis-wrote that sentence, that he meant to say "all Olympus micro 4/3 system cameras except the Pen F and E-M1 Mark II" has the (same) 16 mp sensor.

(Even all the 16 mp sensors are most probably not *exactly* the same, either, for what it is worth...)

-- hide signature --

Aim & Frame

revio's gear list:revio's gear list
Konica KD-500 Zoom Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +6 more
M_digicapt Senior Member • Posts: 3,008

Ken Croft wrote:

Also while the S-AF is decent, the C-AF is not very good.

I'm very happy with mine, though.

Englishman in France Senior Member • Posts: 1,529

The original e-m10 also has less plastic than the later versions making it feel nicer in my opinion.  I would have to upgrade to a e-m5 or a pen F to get a similar feel in Olympus' newer small camera bodies.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads