*** This Week Through Your M4/3 2018.05.19 ***

Started May 19, 2018 | Discussions
Chris Oly Veteran Member • Posts: 3,582
Re: *** Few from around town....

Great colours. Middle shot could have a better contrast? Not a complaint.

 Chris Oly's gear list:Chris Oly's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Chris Oly Veteran Member • Posts: 3,582
Re: Two sets of three

#2 is stellar!!!

 Chris Oly's gear list:Chris Oly's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
MikeF15
MikeF15 Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: Friends cat,. My son.

they get along just fine!

 MikeF15's gear list:MikeF15's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X100F Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 +5 more
tt321
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,612
Re: New bird technique

James Stirling wrote:

tt321 wrote:

That's the way to do it.

High ISO goes against the grain - ouch.

I get nose bleeds when I go above 400 ISO Worse still I set it so high as I was trying to catch the blighter landing and wanted a faster shutter speed { that didn't work out so well } so I could have maybe gotten away with 200 ISO and 1/200th

I was trying to play with the word grain

James Stirling
James Stirling Senior Member • Posts: 4,701
Re: New bird technique

tt321 wrote:

James Stirling wrote:

tt321 wrote:

That's the way to do it.

High ISO goes against the grain - ouch.

I get nose bleeds when I go above 400 ISO Worse still I set it so high as I was trying to catch the blighter landing and wanted a faster shutter speed { that didn't work out so well } so I could have maybe gotten away with 200 ISO and 1/200th

I was trying to play with the word grain

I must be getting old I missed that , sorry

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” John Adams

 James Stirling's gear list:James Stirling's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a7R III Nikon Z7 +13 more
James Stirling
James Stirling Senior Member • Posts: 4,701
Re: New bird technique

Chris Oly wrote:

The result is great. This method can be used again and again.

I got lucky because he kept coming back to the same spot

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” John Adams

 James Stirling's gear list:James Stirling's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a7R III Nikon Z7 +13 more
chriskeats
chriskeats Senior Member • Posts: 2,697
Re: Cape of Good Hope

oh wormsy, may all your problems be time to do stuff vs being with friends.

that's a pretty fantastic photo regardless

-- hide signature --

I used to shoot film, but I ran out of bullets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145521830@N04/
"my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle"
"i've been called worse things by better people"

 chriskeats's gear list:chriskeats's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +11 more
chriskeats
chriskeats Senior Member • Posts: 2,697
Re: Some bird shots

nice work, esp no 3 for me

-- hide signature --

I used to shoot film, but I ran out of bullets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145521830@N04/
"my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle"
"i've been called worse things by better people"

 chriskeats's gear list:chriskeats's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +11 more
bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,612
Baseball is still
2

America's favorite pastime...Went to take pics of my grand nephew's UC San Diego Baseball team who won their California Colligate Athletic Association Championship . (NCAA DIV II)....

 bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +11 more
chriskeats
chriskeats Senior Member • Posts: 2,697
Re: Tame UWA shots

I took sometime debating these. the person in the distance and the votive candles are pretty darn compelling in the first. but I'm still going with no. 2.

-- hide signature --

I used to shoot film, but I ran out of bullets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145521830@N04/
"my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle"
"i've been called worse things by better people"

 chriskeats's gear list:chriskeats's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +11 more
sangaeva New Member • Posts: 12
Re: *** Few from around town....

Thank you. Your point well taken.

outlierrn Regular Member • Posts: 123
A view from the zoo.
1

A few from the San Diego zoo and safari park.  Finally got to take the 100-400 out for stroll

Robert Evagelista
Robert Evagelista Veteran Member • Posts: 3,391
Re: Baseball is still

Amazing captures

 Robert Evagelista's gear list:Robert Evagelista's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Canon Pixma Pro-100 +11 more
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,827
Street scene Columbia MO

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

 Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Kodak DC3200 +10 more
BigMacIain
BigMacIain Regular Member • Posts: 426
On reflection...
1

... Edmonton is pretty cool

Actually, until recently , it have been very cool.

I get to stay downtown during the week and this the first time I've been out to have a look around after work.

-- hide signature --

"If it's not fun, why do it?” - Jerry Greenfield

 BigMacIain's gear list:BigMacIain's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,835
Re: Cape of Good Hope

chriskeats wrote:

oh wormsy, may all your problems be time to do stuff vs being with friends.

Nicely put.

that's a pretty fantastic photo regardless

-- hide signature --

I used to shoot film, but I ran out of bullets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145521830@N04/
"my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle"
"i've been called worse things by better people"

-- hide signature --
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +5 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,835
***POST NO NEW PICS***

Part 2 starting.

-- hide signature --
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +5 more
woodsider79
woodsider79 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,806
Re: Some bird shots

Vahur Krouverk wrote:

Couple of arctic terns

I love the streamers

-- hide signature --

woodsider

woodsider79
woodsider79 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,806
Re: Tame UWA shots

If this is tame...

Interesting how they make the roof look higher in 1, lower in 2.

-- hide signature --

woodsider

woodsider79
woodsider79 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,806
Re: G9 + 8-18mm Panorama

very well executed shot(s).

-- hide signature --

woodsider

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads