*** This Week Through Your M4/3 2018.05.19 ***

Started May 19, 2018 | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,841
*** This Week Through Your M4/3 2018.05.19 ***

*** This Week Through Your M4/3 2018.xx.xx ***

Off to my daughter's uni today so may not be around so much.

Good morning to everyone wherever you are in the world...

• Please reply to my original post when submitting your own pictures.
  • That’s reply to my ORIGINAL POST when submitting your own pictures.
  • Give your reply a title.
  • Leave your guns and knives at the door. Keep it polite. There are plenty of other threads if you can’t manage that.
  • First thread kicks off Saturday morning (UK time).
  • Don’t add any photos after my ‘POST NO NEW PICS’ message (reasoning below).
  • Newbies encouraged, any standard.
  • Avoid wasting thread space with replies such as “Thanks n/t”
  • Try to avoid separate posts with pictures of a similar theme. Put them all in the same post to avoid filling the threads too quickly.
  • Photographs do not have to have been taken this week.
  • Images are often more impressive when viewed large.
  • Pictures of ducks in the local park? C’mon, you’re better than that.
  • Posting here implies you’re happy to receive a critique of your work.
  • You can post links to external websites but people in here tend to ignore them.
  • Apologies if I don't reply to everyone. This thread is becoming more and more popular and therefore more time-consuming. So…
  • PLEASE TRY TO COMMENT ON SOME OTHER PEOPLE’S WORK. That includes YOU newbies…it helps to take the strain off of me a little.

***PLEASE NOTE***

We will start the next part of this thread before this one is full. At around 110/150 posts. This does not mean the current thread is closed, but please don't post any new PHOTOGRAPHS to it.

• Please continue to post COMMENTS and REPLIES to any thread but when a newer one has been launched, post your new photographs to that.
  • The reasoning is that if you’ve posted a picture in an earlier thread there'll still be room for you to receive a comment on it later in the week.
  • It also prevents tail-enders in earlier threads getting no comments at all because the thread to which they have posted is full.

-W

-- hide signature --
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,841
Cape of Good Hope

To my shame I thought the Cape of Good Hope was the southernmost tip of Africa. It's only when I visited South Africa this year that I discovered it wasn't. Cape Agulhas is the southernmost point, about 150 km east of the Cape of Good Hope. Cape Agulhas marks the boundary between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. Although both Capes are feared by sailors and are surrounded by shipwrecks. To be clear, my shot is the Cape of Good Hope, the South-Westernmost point. I would have loved to have spent longer there and explored lots of different lighting but I was with friends.

-- hide signature --
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
Vahur Krouverk Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Some bird shots

Swan taking off

Swan landing. Or watering?

Couple of arctic terns

Oystercatcher looking for food

Nightingale singing

tt321
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,614
Re: Some bird shots

Beautiful captures.

tt321
Re: Cape of Good Hope

Great composition. I like the light, and the fact that the lady looks out of the frame.

tt321
Tame UWA shots
woodsider79
woodsider79 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,806
Just some trees

In my local wood.

-- hide signature --

woodsider

Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 19,427
Reflection in an eagle's eye

I took my new 100-400mm to a bird of prey centre yesterday to check it out. Between flying displays I took some shots of raptors and vultures in ther enclosures. On checking them out I found this shot (100% crop):

And this one (vulture's eye)

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +4 more
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 926
an assortment this week

all taken with the Olympus OMD EM1 (ii) + PL 100-400 except image 2 where I used the PL8-18

Mandarin Duck

The Boardwalk at Slimbridge GLOS, UK

The Humble Bumble

Mute Swan

Chrisd999
Chrisd999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,236
G9 + 8-18mm Panorama

5 vertical shots handheld. Merged and processed in LR. Subject is Toronto's Osgoode Hall.

Chrisd999's gear list:Chrisd999's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +12 more
Mark Thornton Veteran Member • Posts: 4,156
Spring in Hertford, UK

All taken this morning on my way to/from the gym with my GX1. Much as I lust after a newer model, I think making more use of the one I have is the better option.

The first image shows my current work place.

Attack!

Mark Thornton

Mark Thornton's gear list:Mark Thornton's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +6 more
Mark Thornton Veteran Member • Posts: 4,156
Re: Tame UWA shots

Excellent. What lens did you use?

Mark

Mark Thornton's gear list:Mark Thornton's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +6 more
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 926
Re: Some bird shots

great to see some BIF images - well captured

NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 8,927
Marco Emilio Lepido Points the Way.

Whilst I was out on my Saturday stroll through town before meeting a friend for our weekly “aperitivo”, I came across this motley bunch of far-left demonstrators.

I think it had something to do with Palestine, but it looked more like the “Anni di Piombo” (years of lead) generation meeting up to feel young again and talk about happier times.

Meanwhile Senator Marco Emilio Lepido points us to the new that advances. One half of our probable new government were out canvasing for members at the end of the street where our Roman founder was pointing.

I’m a bit out of practice with “street photography”, so yes the pictures are a bit iffy. The LX 100 is a nice camera for this sort of photography.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D700 Nikon D810
NCV

Interesting. Looks like a wonderful place

My Uncle who was in the navy when Britain still had a Navy visited loads of places around the world, always said that South Africa was a beautiful country.

NCV

I am drawn to the second shot with that wonderful white line.

NCV
Re: Just some trees

Pefect light and a Perfect composition. Very nice.

tcd Contributing Member • Posts: 707
Whitewater

Some whitewater action last week on the Rogue River in southwest Oregon.

..tcd

tt321

Mark Thornton wrote:

Excellent. What lens did you use?

Mark

Laowa 7.5/2.

will focus
will focus Senior Member • Posts: 2,468

Looks like another beautiful beach that nobody is swimming in because they don't want to be eaten by great white sharks. Great vantage point. Really like the framing too.

will focus's gear list:will focus's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads