10 pixel shift butterflies pics

Started May 11, 2018 | Discussions
Antonio De Santis
Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
10 pixel shift butterflies pics
71

Hello,

my recent 10 pixel shift images taken with my Pentax K3 II - pixel shift - ambient light  taken in early morning (no wind)  at my orchard ( Italy). Postprocessed with Adobe PS CC . Please see at full resolution.

Libelloides coccajus

Allancastria cerysi

Papilio machaon

Iphiclides podalirius

Libelloides coccajus

Callophrys rubi

Vanessa polychloros

Pararge aegeria

Gonepteryx rhamni

Anthocharis cardamines

-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Tom52 Contributing Member • Posts: 603
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Beautiful.

 Tom52's gear list:Tom52's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 II Fujifilm X-T2 Pentax KP +6 more
Nicols Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Really beautiful images, of very photogenic species.

Must be difficult to get pixel shift at this scale. Absolute absence of wind is rare.

Cheers - Klaus

 Nicols's gear list:Nicols's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +16 more
Antonio De Santis
OP Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Nicols wrote:

Really beautiful images, of very photogenic species.

Must be difficult to get pixel shift at this scale. Absolute absence of wind is rare.

Cheers - Klaus

Thanks

Yes, is rare but where I shot ( location very lucky) the wind ( at 6-7-8 AM) is near zero

-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Antonio De Santis
OP Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

Tom52 wrote:

Beautiful.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
ogl
ogl Senior Member • Posts: 1,783
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

I love good details! Stunning!

 ogl's gear list:ogl's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
kmarceau Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

These are beautiful!!

MightyMike Forum Pro • Posts: 40,568
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Very impressive work, thanks for sharing

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

DougOB
DougOB Senior Member • Posts: 1,779
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Can I visit your orchard and get a tutorial?

Doug

 DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-70 Pentax KP +32 more
Walt_A Senior Member • Posts: 2,116
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

These are superb, as usual from you. I was shooting some green hairstreaks (Callophrys rubi) this week while they were waving around madly in a light breeze(!) and wondering how you managed to find them in such still conditions. I know as you've said before - get up far too early! You've got a great selection there and a wonderful variety of species at this time of year.

I love the festoon, you call it 'Allancastria cerysi' but I'm assuming it is the one in my books called 'Zerynthia cerisy'? or Eastern Festoon in local terms? However my book limits it range to not include Italy. Am I correct with the ID or have they now extended their range into Italy? I'd love to find them one day on my wanders (any of the European Festoon's would do for me!).

Also never seen an owlfly (Libelloides) either, man my life is sadly lacking...... Got to get out to Europe more often...

Great to see you posting.

M R Padmaraju Veteran Member • Posts: 5,002
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

Superb . Gems , all of them .

Regards ,

mrp .

 M R Padmaraju's gear list:M R Padmaraju's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-500 Pentax K-S1 +8 more
Dale108
Dale108 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,568
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

Great work with PS Antonio.  Excellent colour and detail in these images.

Dale

Antonio De Santis wrote:

Hello,

my recent 10 pixel shift images taken with my Pentax K3 II - pixel shift - ambient light taken in early morning (no wind) at my orchard ( Italy). Postprocessed with Adobe PS CC . Please see at full resolution.

Libelloides coccajus

Allancastria cerysi

Papilio machaon

Iphiclides podalirius

Libelloides coccajus

Callophrys rubi

Vanessa polychloros

Pararge aegeria

Gonepteryx rhamni

Anthocharis cardamines

 Dale108's gear list:Dale108's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus TG-5 Sony RX10 IV Pentax K-1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Joseph Tainter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

I guess for some people overly bright images are a personal preference. You have some very nice images, but to my eyes many of them would be improved if they were a little darker.

Joe

TBLF Senior Member • Posts: 1,037
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Joseph Tainter wrote:

I guess for some people overly bright images are a personal preference. You have some very nice images, but to my eyes many of them would be improved if they were a little darker.

Joe

Hi Joe - I "think" it may be a *monitor gamma difference between his display and ours, or it may be personal preference, or he is calibrated for his printer, etc etc. I know I need a lot lighter for print than screen... at any rate, they are still an amazing feat and well done in my opinion, to get pixel shift properly done on such a flighty subject.

*Side story: I tend not to comment on those kinds of differences since I was humbled when I got my BenQ SW2700 LED display last year and calibrated it (for nothing actually, it turned out not to need it), and I realized a lot of my previous posts might have been off when other people viewed them. My old TFT LCD display had gotten so dim over the years, I was probably compensating in PP as well. So... I cut people a lot of slack on stuff like that.

-- hide signature --

EricV

 TBLF's gear list:TBLF's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 +7 more
Antonio De Santis
OP Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

DougOB wrote:

Can I visit your orchard and get a tutorial?

Doug

Yes! You visit Rome and sleep at my home...I visit..?

-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Antonio De Santis
OP Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Walt_A wrote:

These are superb, as usual from you. I was shooting some green hairstreaks (Callophrys rubi) this week while they were waving around madly in a light breeze(!) and wondering how you managed to find them in such still conditions. I know as you've said before - get up far too early! You've got a great selection there and a wonderful variety of species at this time of year.

I love the festoon, you call it 'Allancastria cerysi' but I'm assuming it is the one in my books called 'Zerynthia cerisy'? or Eastern Festoon in local terms? However my book limits it range to not include Italy. Am I correct with the ID or have they now extended their range into Italy? I'd love to find them one day on my wanders (any of the European Festoon's would do for me!).

Also never seen an owlfly (Libelloides) either, man my life is sadly lacking...... Got to get out to Europe more often...

Great to see you posting.

Thanks

Obviously the Zerynthia cerysi are not Italian, I purchased pupa ( chrisalidae)

-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Antonio De Santis
OP Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics

Joseph Tainter wrote:

I guess for some people overly bright images are a personal preference. You have some very nice images, but to my eyes many of them would be improved if they were a little darker.

Joe

Thanks for your tips

-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Antonio De Santis
OP Antonio De Santis Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: Thanks to all!
-- hide signature --

My personal nature photo blog: www.antoniodesantis.eu

 Antonio De Santis's gear list:Antonio De Santis's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Pentax K-3 II Sony a6100 Fujifilm X-T200 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +5 more
Valeriu 64
Valeriu 64 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,310
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Dear Antonio, as always, exceptional shots.

Thanks & regards, Valeriu

 Valeriu 64's gear list:Valeriu 64's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 II Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
haui Regular Member • Posts: 288
Re: 10 pixel shift butterflies pics
1

Wow absolutely fantastic work! Congrats Antonio and thx for sharing!

 haui's gear list:haui's gear list
Pentax K-1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads