C1 Eterna Film Simulation

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
jctay Regular Member • Posts: 127
C1 Eterna Film Simulation

C1 Eterna Film Simulation icc Profile

Sharing my X-H1 Eterna build for Raw conversion with CaptureOne, FujiXH1-jc1-Eterna-Beta1.icm. It can be downloaded here: link

To test it for other x-series models, just rename the above file accordingly. For example, rename it to FujiXE3-jc1-Eterna-Beta1.icm for X-E3

This profile is tested on C1 pro 11, current version. It is optimized for C1 standard film curve, so set Curve to AUTO (Under Tool Tabs/ Color /Base Characteristics).

Enjoy and share your converted images here.

jctay's gear list:jctay's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E3
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 8,183
Re: C1 Eterna Film Simulation

jctay wrote:

Sharing my X-H1 Eterna build for Raw conversion with CaptureOne, FujiXH1-jc1-Eterna-Beta1.icm. It can be downloaded here: link

To test it for other x-series models, just rename the above file accordingly. For example, rename it to FujiXE3-jc1-Eterna-Beta1.icm for X-E3

This profile is tested on C1 pro 11, current version. It is optimized for C1 standard film curve, so set Curve to AUTO (Under Tool Tabs/ Color /Base Characteristics).

In what folder to I store the profile (my memory is failing me here)?  I'm on a Mac.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
RetiringGuy Regular Member • Posts: 227

Truman,

Assuming you are using Capture One on a Mac, put your profiles in ;-

~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

i.e. Your in own Library NOT any of the system Libraries.

I don't use Windows these days so sorry if this doesn't help.

RG

BillCPA Regular Member • Posts: 261

Thank you for taking the time to create this profile and for sharing with us.  It definitely is a bit more 'muted' and my understanding is that it is a very useful when shooting video (which I don't do much of).

Regards,

Bill

BillCPA's gear list:BillCPA's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 8,183

jctay wrote:

I loaded the profile and let me tell you I really like it.  The normal C1 H1 curve is somewhat harsh.  You icc is very good and it give much soother tonal gradations.  Good job!

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
OP jctay Regular Member • Posts: 127

Thanks all for the replies.

For windows, custom profiles are saved in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Color Profiles. Custom icc profiles can be copied directly to this folder, but aware that this is a hidden folder.

Alternatively, install or copy the custom profile to system icc folder, then import and save it to Color Profiles folder. This function is under: Tool Tabs/ Color /Base Characteristics /ICC Profile and when ICC Profile input box is clicked.

BillCPA wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to create this profile and for sharing with us. It definitely is a bit more 'muted' and my understanding is that it is a very useful when shooting video (which I don't do much of).

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for your input.

I added contrasty by modifying the input tone curve.
Eterna-Plus, more pleasing tone for still image.
FujiXH1-jc1-Eterna-Plus-Beta1.icm < download >

Btw, i do not own a X-H1. Testing is carried out with sample raw from dpre. Soon I shall receive my X-E3

Steve Jump Regular Member • Posts: 164

Thanks for this - your efforts are very much appreciated, I think I shall be using this quite often - very pleasing tonality.

Was keen to try the higher contrast Sim, but the 'Plus' link seems to point to the original Eterna simulation file.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Steve Jump's gear list:Steve Jump's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T20 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +9 more

Truman Prevatt wrote:

I loaded the profile and let me tell you I really like it. The normal C1 H1 curve is somewhat harsh. You icc is very good and it give much soother tonal gradations. Good job!

In fact, the C1 generic icc profile for X-H1 has very good color re-production. A revised tone curve for portrait mode will certainly enhance its output.

Stay tuned 

Steve Jump wrote:

Thanks for this - your efforts are very much appreciated, I think I shall be using this quite often - very pleasing tonality.

Was keen to try the higher contrast Sim, but the 'Plus' link seems to point to the original Eterna simulation file.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Below is the corrected link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5ayl1rpogj0p26/FujiXH1-jc1-Eterna-Plus-Beta1.icm?dl=0

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads