Natasha

I processed this on my iPhone with PS express

my computer is giving me trouble

at 2.2 her eye is sharp but not her nose

I assume that is ok

thanks for looking

whvick

whvick's gear list:whvick's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +9 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ImageAmateur Senior Member • Posts: 4,673
Re: First portrait with New 6D

whvick wrote:

85/1.8

Natasha

I assume that is ok

thanks for looking

whvick

That is lovely.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

ImageAmateur's gear list:ImageAmateur's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Phase One Capture One Pro
stevedavidsonphotography Senior Member • Posts: 1,372

whvick wrote:

85/1.8

Natasha

I assume that is ok

thanks for looking

whvick

Nice photo !

stevedavidsonphotography's gear list:stevedavidsonphotography's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
cruff Regular Member • Posts: 327
My first 6D snap was also of my dog

This was the very first picture I took with my (then) new 6D.  Attached the 24-105 L, turned it on and snapped this.

James Larsen
James Larsen Senior Member • Posts: 4,422

That is a beautiful photo!

-- hide signature --
 James Larsen's gear list:James Larsen's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5โ€“5.6 IS STM +3 more
OP whvick Veteran Member • Posts: 5,618
Re: My first 6D snap was also of my dog

cruff wrote:

This was the very first picture I took with my (then) new 6D. Attached the 24-105 L, turned it on and snapped this.

Nice!

what breed is your pup?

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +9 more
Sports Shooter Senior Member • Posts: 1,313

whvick wrote:

cruff wrote:

This was the very first picture I took with my (then) new 6D. Attached the 24-105 L, turned it on and snapped this.

Nice!

what breed is your pup?

Natasha ( nice name by the way ) is not happy with you on the photo:

- you didn’t buy the 6DMKII

- you eye the other puppy ๐Ÿถ

enjoy the new camera and take lots of photos of Natasha ๐Ÿ˜‰

-- hide signature --

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer,”—Ansel Adams

Sports Shooter's gear list:Sports Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +11 more

Sports Shooter wrote:

whvick wrote:

cruff wrote:

Nice!

what breed is your pup?

Natasha ( nice name by the way ) is not happy with you on the photo:

- you didn’t buy the 6DMKII

- you eye the other puppy ๐Ÿถ

enjoy the new camera and take lots of photos of Natasha ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are so right! Grandpa could really use the tilt/swivel screen when trying to get Down to her level.

When my much loved 5D died I thought about replacing it with another, but the fact that  Canon no longer repair a 15 year old model pushed me to newer things. I love portraits so I needed a FF. I really wanted the 6DMII, but currently it cost almost twice what I paid for the refurbished 6D. So Tasha will have to forgive me for not wanting to dip into the retirement fund.

Thanks for looking

whvick

cruff wrote:

Hay cruff,

i was not exact in what I said. My first shot was the wood  cabimets in the den   Then some snapshots at a church social. A couple of those would have been good to post, but I did not have release forms. Natasha is my first good portrait legal to post.

Therefore you have the honor to have a beautiful canine as your first pix on you 6D.

cruff Regular Member • Posts: 327

whvick wrote:

what breed is your pup?

He is a Norwegian Elkhound (Norsk Elghund).

Johnny420
Johnny420 Senior Member • Posts: 1,165

She's a beautiful dog, but I think the photo would benefit greatly from properly adjusted white balance.

Johnny420's gear list:Johnny420's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM Canon PowerShot S100 +2 more

Johnny420 wrote:

She's a beautiful dog, but I think the photo would benefit greatly from properly adjusted white balance.

Good point. As I said I did this on my phone with PS express. My desktop has bee giving me trouble, but if I get a chance I will try it there.

This is under incandescent light looking down at a dark tan carpet. She is more red than most Goldenโ€™s so it may not be that far off.

This may be closer to original but seems a little boring. I probably over did it on the first

post. Thanks for pointing that out

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads