thegrumble.com CAPTCHA

Started Apr 15, 2018 | Questions
MarcioSilva Forum Member • Posts: 82
thegrumble.com CAPTCHA

Hey guys,

So i saw this website forum, more specific for framing topics that i wanted to join in, but they have the most crazy CAPTCHA question i've seen, either im plain dumb or this is the least user-friendly registration on the web! haha

Here is their question:

"What are the frame samples on your wall called?"

I've tried pretty much everything i could think of, really to the point of giving up by now (as i bet many many others before me did), if any of you want to shout out some answers, they are welcome!

Thanks!

PS: I know this is probably not the right thread to post in the forum, but its where most framers visit so i have better odds!

ANSWER:
Rich42 Senior Member • Posts: 1,273
Re: thegrumble.com CAPTCHA

MarcioSilva wrote:

Hey guys,

So i saw this website forum, more specific for framing topics that i wanted to join in, but they have the most crazy CAPTCHA question i've seen, either im plain dumb or this is the least user-friendly registration on the web! haha

Here is their question:

"What are the frame samples on your wall called?"

I've tried pretty much everything i could think of, really to the point of giving up by now (as i bet many many others before me did), if any of you want to shout out some answers, they are welcome!

Thanks!

PS: I know this is probably not the right thread to post in the forum, but its where most framers visit so i have better odds!

"Chop"

OP MarcioSilva Forum Member • Posts: 82

Rich42 wrote:

"Chop"

That one doesnt work, im curious to see what the real answer will be haha

Rich42 Senior Member • Posts: 1,273

MarcioSilva wrote:

Rich42 wrote:

"Chop"

Huh.

In that case, I call my samples "Fred." 

I have no idea what they must want then. "Chop" is the term we have always used when referring to samples of molding for frames.

Rich

Rich42 wrote:

MarcioSilva wrote:

Rich42 wrote:

"Chop"

Huh.

In that case, I call my samples "Fred."

I have no idea what they must want then. "Chop" is the term we have always used when referring to samples of molding for frames.

Rich

No idea, seems they are very protective against spammers, but with this feature im guessing they dont have new registrations since it was implemented haha

LouCioccio
LouCioccio Senior Member • Posts: 2,249

Try mouldings or moulding I imaging it may be corner moulding(s).

Lou Cioccio

LouCioccio's gear list:LouCioccio's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more

LouCioccio wrote:

Try mouldings or moulding I imaging it may be corner moulding(s).

Lou Cioccio

Those were literally my first attempts, nothing

The brilliant funny part is that they have no social media and the only way to contact is thro a contact form, which has this same CAPTCHA hahaha

LouCioccio

Do a Whois.domainstool.com to get the the owners email address. Just enter the website.

Lou Cioccio

Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more

LouCioccio wrote:

Do a Whois.domainstool.com to get the the owners email address. Just enter the website.

Lou Cioccio

Im pretty sure i wont get a reply from this, but worth a shot haha

Thanks!

LouCioccio

I think the one you want is framer@fastpictureframing.com

Lou Cioccio

LouCioccio wrote:

I think the one you want is framer@fastpictureframing.com

Lou Cioccio

Thanks, i've emailed one of their most senior / active members that had the email in the signature, if that produces no results, then i will quit, its not the only framer's dedicated forum afterall!

Cheers!

For anyone else having the same issue as me, the answer is "Chevrons"

I have informed the admins about this and hopefully they will take measures to make it a bit more friendly for newcomers.

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads