A7R II strange error

Started Apr 2, 2018 | Discussions
sp1te
sp1te Forum Member • Posts: 63
A7R II strange error

shooting the other night at an event and I got this error has anyone seen anything like this. Taking the battery out worked but putting the camera in the off position did nothing.

sp1te's gear list:sp1te's gear list
Sony a7R II Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2
Sony a7 Sony a7R Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
C47 Contributing Member • Posts: 759
Re: A7R II strange error

sp1te wrote:

shooting the other night at an event and I got this error has anyone seen anything like this. Taking the battery out worked but putting the camera in the off position did nothing.

Has this happened before? Maybe you accidentally activated a test mode by a button combination.

C47's gear list:C47's gear list
Sony a7C Sony a7 IV Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 35mm F1.8 +5 more
sp1te
OP sp1te Forum Member • Posts: 63

Yea that’s the only thing I could think if it’s jist kinda scary when your on a shoot and you see red

C47 wrote:

sp1te wrote:

Has this happened before? Maybe you accidentally activated a test mode by a button combination.

sp1te's gear list:sp1te's gear list
Sony a7R II Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2
Beaverhelmet Senior Member • Posts: 2,296

Prepararation? Had this been posted on april 1, I would not have been surprised. Never seen anything like it on my A7RII though.

tommiejeep
tommiejeep Veteran Member • Posts: 7,359

Very interesting and scary.  Would you please send to Sony and see if you can find out what it is.  If I saw that I would start by doing a Re-set and then give up if that did not work.

Many thanks,

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong but always have fun
Tom
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/165169

101Colors
101Colors Regular Member • Posts: 436

You're not the first to see this.

Look here

This looks like a low level machine code test that somehow the camera has somehow decided to run for diagnostics.

Edit: on further reading, another user also had this issue and the 'solution' was a replacement main board.

101Colors's gear list:101Colors's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Beaverhelmet Senior Member • Posts: 2,296

101Colors wrote:

You're not the first to see this.

Look here

This looks like a low level machine code test that somehow the camera has been decided to run for diagnostics.

Edit: on further reading, another user also had this issue and the 'solution' was a replacement main board.

Good find! And with the same wonky spelling of "Preparation".

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads