iOS 11.3

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 7,931
iOS 11.3

I have installed iOS 11.3. Battery Health (Beta) states 98% and 100% on this iPhone SE and another spare SE. No throttling yet.

I have been reading that using Accessibility to zoom in the text will slow down the phone vs text at normal (default) magnification.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

bigley Ling Veteran Member • Posts: 4,428
Re: iOS 11.3

Nice I am still on 11.2.2 on the X. still contemplating whether to update. If it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto unless there is a serious security threat that needs an update to aliviate issues.

At times I have fond memories of my SE, but then when I look at the gorgeous AMOLED display on the X reminds me exactly why I got the X!

bigley Ling's gear list:bigley Ling's gear list
Apple iPhone X
OP wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 7,931

bigley Ling wrote:

Nice I am still on 11.2.2 on the X. still contemplating whether to update. If it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto unless there is a serious security threat that needs an update to aliviate issues.

At times I have fond memories of my SE, but then when I look at the gorgeous AMOLED display on the X reminds me exactly why I got the X!

There is a reason to upgrade as in iOS 11.2.5 it was discovered that one Indian character in a message could crash the entire phone. It was fix in iOS 11.2.6.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/19/17027042/apple-iphone-ios-crash-bug-fix-ios-11-2-6

-- hide signature --

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

wklee wrote:

bigley Ling wrote:

There is a reason to upgrade as in iOS 11.2.5 it was discovered that one Indian character in a message could crash the entire phone. It was fix in iOS 11.2.6.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/19/17027042/apple-iphone-ios-crash-bug-fix-ios-11-2-6

True, although not too wide spread. May update shortly. I am a bit worried about the decreased battery life overall from updating from 11.2.6 to 11.3

Apple iPhone X
oldfashioned Senior Member • Posts: 1,040

wklee wrote:

I have installed iOS 11.3. Battery Health (Beta) states 98% and 100% on this iPhone SE and another spare SE. No throttling yet.

I have been reading that using Accessibility to zoom in the text will slow down the phone vs text at normal (default) magnification.

I believe that the slowdown was to sell new phones?

jshen808
jshen808 Senior Member • Posts: 7,765

oldfashioned wrote:

wklee wrote:

I believe that the slowdown was to sell new phones?

..That's my belief too..

..previously, had resisted upgrading my iphone 6 ios..

..idea was, if it ain't broke, don't fix it..

..however, due to a need of a certain app, needed to update..

..I knew what was going to happen, but had no choice but to update..

..and true & certain enough, after the update to ios11, my iphone 6 slowed way down where it was painful to use..

..shame on apple..

..had notice an ios11.3 update notice on my iphone the other day..

..looked it up online to see what it is..

..and finally the update I've been waiting for, hopefully to stop the throttling..

..so did the ios11.3 update, checked my iphone 6 battery health..

..it's 84% maximum capacity, and peak performance capability..

..and now my iphone 6 is running fast & smooth again..

..really happy on the performance of my iphone 6 now..

..however, I'm completely ticked off on how apple purposely throttled my iphone 6 to a crawl, even though my iphone 6 battery is at 'peak performance capability' status..

..shame on apple..

..it took lawsuits before they came clean on this..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!
[YI M1 camera, Olympus 17mm f/1.8 lens, firmware 3.0]

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX70

Just updated to 11.3. battery Heath on the X 100%. Guess that is expected with the handset only 4 months old. Not noticing much difference so far. There seems to be more eye candy differences in watch os 4.3 which requires 11.3 prerequisite

Apple iPhone X

Still holding on to my SE. Samsung is rumoured to be working on a bi-fold wallet type 7" foldable phone. Not interested in Samsung but the concept is interesting.

-- hide signature --

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

jshen808

bigley Ling wrote:

Just updated to 11.3. battery Heath on the X 100%. Guess that is expected with the handset only 4 months old. Not noticing much difference so far. There seems to be more eye candy differences in watch os 4.3 which requires 11.3 prerequisite

..The ios11.3 (and general ios11) has some really cool features..

..currently my ipad pro 12.9 (original) is running ios10.3.1..

..but they are only offering ios11 (and not ios11.3) for the ipad pro right now..

..when they do offer the ios11.3, I'll do the update, and hope to not ever need to update again (on both my ipad pro & iphone 6)..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX70
RL Photography Forum Member • Posts: 55

jshen808 wrote

..but they are only offering ios11 (and not ios11.3) for the ipad pro right now..

This is not true and I have no idea why you might think it is so.  iOS 11.3 is available for all devices that support iOS 11.  Just do the update.  It will either take you straight to iOS 11.3 or update to iOS 11 and then update to iOS 11.3

jshen808

RL Photography wrote:

jshen808 wrote

This is not true and I have no idea why you might think it is so. iOS 11.3 is available for all devices that support iOS 11. Just do the update. It will either take you straight to iOS 11.3 or update to iOS 11 and then update to iOS 11.3

..Thanks for your reply..

..however, I've searched online, and many reported not released for the ipad pro yet..

..I'm fine right now, and not going to 'risk it'.. (below is a screen capture of my ipad pro 12.9")..

..screen capture.. ipad pro 12.9", showing iOS 11 update only..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!

RL Photography Forum Member • Posts: 55

jshen808 wrote:

RL Photography wrote:

jshen808 wrote

This is not true and I have no idea why you might think it is so. iOS 11.3 is available for all devices that support iOS 11. Just do the update. It will either take you straight to iOS 11.3 or update to iOS 11 and then update to iOS 11.3

..however, I've searched online, and many reported not released for the ipad pro yet..

..I'm fine right now, and not going to 'risk it'.. (below is a screen capture of my ipad pro 12.9")..

..Cheers..

I own an iPad Pro running iOS 11.3. Typing on it right now.  There is nothing to risk.  Not sure what you think the risk is or who else has the strange idea that it is not available.  Apple has never released an iOS update for just some devices and the rest at a later time.  Just click on “Install Now”.  When everything is done you will wind up with 11.3.

jshen808

RL Photography wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

RL Photography wrote:

jshen808 wrote

..Cheers..

I own an iPad Pro running iOS 11.3. Typing on it right now. There is nothing to risk. Not sure what you think the risk is or who else has the strange idea that it is not available. Apple has never released an iOS update for just some devices and the rest at a later time. Just click on “Install Now”. When everything is done you will wind up with 11.3.

..Thanks for sharing your experiences..

..I'll give it try later today..

..but if anything happens I'm blaming you..

..just kidding of course..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!

Try upgrading from iTunes on the MAC when the OTA upgrade/update fails to work or doesn’t appear in a timely manner.

-- hide signature --

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

jshen808

wklee wrote:

Try upgrading from iTunes on the MAC when the OTA upgrade/update fails to work or doesn’t appear in a timely manner.

..Thanks for this tip..

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!

jshen808

RL Photography wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

RL Photography wrote:

jshen808 wrote

..Cheers..

I own an iPad Pro running iOS 11.3. Typing on it right now. There is nothing to risk. Not sure what you think the risk is or who else has the strange idea that it is not available. Apple has never released an iOS update for just some devices and the rest at a later time. Just click on “Install Now”. When everything is done you will wind up with 11.3.

..Thanks!

..just updated my ipad pro 12.9, and successfully to ios 11.3..

..need a little getting used to, but seems to run good..

..successfully updated to ios 11.3..

..thanks everyone!

..Cheers..

-- hide signature --

Regards, John..
..down with naysayers!

RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,601

wklee wrote:

Of course it will, it's an extra process from standard

-- hide signature --

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads