A song in iTunes, readied to become a ringtone...but I am doing something wrong

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Bejersey
Bejersey Forum Pro • Posts: 13,447
A song in iTunes, readied to become a ringtone...but I am doing something wrong

I followed instructions, or so I thought. The piece of music is now on my iPhone 7+..what do I need to do from there?

Thanks

Rick

IainD Senior Member • Posts: 1,876
Re: A song in iTunes, readied to become a ringtone...but I am doing something wrong
Bejersey
OP Bejersey Forum Pro • Posts: 13,447
Re: A song in iTunes, readied to become a ringtone...but I am doing something wrong

IainD wrote:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-make-ringtones-for-iphone/

Try this link to see if that helps!

Iain

Thank you. I 've done everything but I do see the summary section in itunes?

rick

IainD Senior Member • Posts: 1,876

Sorry but it is a while since I did this. My first mistake was not selecting beginning and end points.

From memory, the ringtones need to be in a strange format like m4a or something strange.

i think they can then be imported into the phone but when you sync the phone with iTunes you need to sync into the Tones section of the phone. Sorry to be so little help. I was hoping a power user would chip in with the details!

Bejersey
OP Bejersey Forum Pro • Posts: 13,447

I appreciate your help!! Thanks

Rick

Just missing one step

IainD wrote:

Sorry but it is a while since I did this. My first mistake was not selecting beginning and end points.

From memory, the ringtones need to be in a strange format like m4a or something strange.

i think they can then be imported into the phone but when you sync the phone with iTunes you need to sync into the Tones section of the phone. Sorry to be so little help. I was hoping a power user would chip in with the details!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads