Great, great camera !!

Started Mar 11, 2018 | User reviews
Dutch John III
Dutch John III New Member • Posts: 6
Great, great camera !!

This camera is awsome. I already had the Mk I, but the MkII is better. Greatest advantages: the 5-axis stabilization, allows you to shoot at 1/5  of a second! And of course the 2.4 MP viewfinder.

My rating is based on the price nowadays, in Holland it is som 370 euros. Do you really need the Mk III, just to film in 4K? For a stills photographer, this is a truly fine camera!

Dutch John III's gear list:Dutch John III's gear list
FinePix S8600 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus TG-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EOS 5DS R +8 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
16 megapixels • 3 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Aug 25, 2015
Dutch John III's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
okay
Portraits
okay
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
okay
= community average
stokey Regular Member • Posts: 433
Re: Great, great camera !!

To me the most useful improvements were:

1. Menu resume

2. 2 "hinges" on port cover instead of 1

3. Electronic shutter

Bob

stokey's gear list:stokey's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II
yanisha Senior Member • Posts: 2,551
E-M10II is a gem

I have the E-M5, E-M10, E-M10II, and PEN-F.  I still use the E-M10II a lot along with the PEN-F.  The E-M10II is one of the Olympus gems.  I got mine as a kit with the 14-42mm EZ pancake for a very low price when it first came out in 2015 in a one day promotion.

Also, Mysets can be assigned to the mode dial so that they are finally very useful since they can be selected very quickly.  The E-M10 and E-M5 can't do that.

The electronic shutter is great too.  I use it most of the time.

richard plumb Regular Member • Posts: 491
Re: E-M10II is a gem

yanisha wrote:

I have the E-M5, E-M10, E-M10II, and PEN-F. I still use the E-M10II a lot along with the PEN-F. The E-M10II is one of the Olympus gems. I got mine as a kit with the 14-42mm EZ pancake for a very low price when it first came out in 2015 in a one day promotion.

Also, Mysets can be assigned to the mode dial so that they are finally very useful since they can be selected very quickly. The E-M10 and E-M5 can't do that.

The electronic shutter is great too. I use it most of the time.

I have the M10 v1 and I’m sure you can assign myset to the mode dial?

tempted by the v2 for better IS, EVF and silent shutter, but also tempted by the pen-F..

yanisha Senior Member • Posts: 2,551
Re: E-M10II is a gem

richard plumb wrote:

yanisha wrote:

I have the E-M5, E-M10, E-M10II, and PEN-F. I still use the E-M10II a lot along with the PEN-F. The E-M10II is one of the Olympus gems. I got mine as a kit with the 14-42mm EZ pancake for a very low price when it first came out in 2015 in a one day promotion.

Also, Mysets can be assigned to the mode dial so that they are finally very useful since they can be selected very quickly. The E-M10 and E-M5 can't do that.

The electronic shutter is great too. I use it most of the time.

I have the M10 v1 and I’m sure you can assign myset to the mode dial?

Sorry, I think you are right.  My E-M5 can't do it though.

tempted by the v2 for better IS, EVF and silent shutter, but also tempted by the pen-F.

I like and use them both.  The E-M10II is a bit smaller and lighter so sometimes I carry it around with a small prime or the EZ pancake.

troubleonline New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Great, great camera !!

Hi

I just picked up this camera a few weeks ago and am so far loving it too. It is an 'upgrade' from my E-PL3 which I never really loved although took some great pics with it on holiday the year I bought.

I have been really impressed by the electronic viewfinder on the E-M10 II. I had the VF-3 on the E-PL3 but this is far, far superior. Because of the viewfinder I ended up using my DSLR more.  However I am finding my DSLR (currently Nikon D5500) quite heavy so decided to get the E-PL3 back out and have a play then decided to get a newer version.  However the E-PL9 has no option for an electronic VF so I started looking at the O-MD range.
Also finding it much easier to use out of auto mode and pleased to have the wi-fi capabilities.

As I had bought the E-PL3 with the twin kit lens (14-42 and 40-150mm) I picked up the E-M10 II body only. There was an amazing deal on Amazon Prime (UK) when I was looking and I got for £299 - now up to £349 I think - but the current Olympus promotion of £65 cashback means I've paid £234 which seems a bargain.
Normally I go all out and get the newest version but the amazing deal was worth losing out on 4K capability which if I really wanted I can get from my iPhone X or GoPro.  Only 'compromise' for me was on aesthetics as I could only get this great price in black and I would have preferred the silver version since my m-zuiko lens are silver.  However I have ordered the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 pancake lens today

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads