A7 iii - Lightroom Support?

Started Feb 28, 2018 | Discussions
bright_cool008 New Member • Posts: 5
A7 iii - Lightroom Support?

Hi Everyone,

I'm very excited about the lauch of A7 iii. It has everything which I need in a camera. In fact, I was waiting for an update from Nikon since Dec - 2017 and I think my patience has paid off. It looks like futureproof camera and will serve as a great companion on my travels and shoots. 
Now after all this blabbering, I just want to know if it supports lightroom? I'm kinda in love with lightroom and I like the way it transforms dull image to teat for eyes. Would RAW Files be editable in lightroom properly? Would there be any difference in colors (dull, less contrast) if I edit in lightroom? (Heard some reviews)

Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 20,598
Re: A7 iii - Lightroom Support?

It is very unlikely that LightRoom or ACR will support A7iii raw files for a while.  It normally takes Adobe 3-4 months to get updates out for new cameras unless that has changed with the latest CC versions.

You may have to use the software that comes with the camera for a while.

IMHO it makes a lot of sense to wait a few months before buying any new camera, not only for this issue but also so that early purchasers can report on any bugs/issues that the camera may have.  I am thinking here of the oil spot problems with some recent Nikon bodies but minor bugs often get fixed in the first firmware update.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
OP bright_cool008 New Member • Posts: 5
Re: A7 iii - Lightroom Support?

Chris R-UK wrote:

It is very unlikely that LightRoom or ACR will support A7iii raw files for a while. It normally takes Adobe 3-4 months to get updates out for new cameras unless that has changed with the latest CC versions.

You may have to use the software that comes with the camera for a while.

IMHO it makes a lot of sense to wait a few months before buying any new camera, not only for this issue but also so that early purchasers can report on any bugs/issues that the camera may have. I am thinking here of the oil spot problems with some recent Nikon bodies but minor bugs often get fixed in the first firmware update.

Yes, you have a valid point. In the meantime Nikon might launch D750 upgrade. It will be win-win situation if that happens
With regard to, camera BUGs, I would think that there would not be any significant BUGs because basically it's the same system such as a9, a7riii which is tried and tested

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads