LightRoom 4.4

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
JR Dailey New Member • Posts: 16
LightRoom 4.4

My laptop crashed and I have back up and running and reinstalling programs.

Except LightRoom 4.4 .  Two hours later I don't know what else to do.  Seems all methods of downloading the program have been removed.   Has anyone else seen this ?

I've had it a long time and have a license key.

Feeling frustrated.

Thanks ,    JR

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,585
Re: LightRoom 4.4

JR Dailey wrote:

Seems all methods of downloading the program have been removed. Has anyone else seen this ?

I've had it a long time and have a license key.

LR 4 yesteryear and the only place you should be getting it from is Adobe.

And I don't know how hard you looked cause a simple Google search took me to Adobe - Download Photoshop Lightroom. If you have a licensed key as you say, downloading it from Adobe and installing it shouldn't be an issue.

-- hide signature --

Look kid, there’s the beginning and the end; all that stuff in the middle is positioning for where you finish.

OP JR Dailey New Member • Posts: 16

Thanks ,   that's exactly what I've been doing. Everything now is defaulting to requiring me to download CC with a monthly or yearly subscription

rb0321
rb0321 Senior Member • Posts: 2,448

JR Dailey wrote:

Thanks , that's exactly what I've been doing. Everything now is defaulting to requiring me to download CC with a monthly or yearly subscription

The words used to search will change the result quite a bit. Doing a search for "download lr 4" came up with some options and the first one yielded the link below.

Looks like you can download LR 4, 5, and 6 here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/rb00321/

rb0321's gear list:rb0321's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more

JR Dailey wrote:

Thanks , that's exactly what I've been doing. Everything now is defaulting to requiring me to download CC with a monthly or yearly subscription

I'm not sure what you're doing but clicking the link I provided and downloading the file gets LR 4.4.1

Did you actually download the file from the link I posted. Additionally, did you actually try to install the program?

And you don't have to upgrade to CC. You can simply decline when asked and keep the current version you already have.

-- hide signature --

Look kid, there’s the beginning and the end; all that stuff in the middle is positioning for where you finish.

rb0321 wrote:

The words used to search will change the result quite a bit. Doing a search for "download lr 4" came up with some options and the first one yielded the link below.

I'm probably on the ignore list (I know mine is long) but that's the exactlink I posted

ADMint wrote:

And I don't know how hard you looked cause a simple Google search took me to Adobe - Download Photoshop Lightroom.

-- hide signature --

jpegman
jpegman Senior Member • Posts: 1,002

I don't know about the ignore list, but, when I clicked on your LR download link, it took me right to the page to download LR 4, 5, or 6 as you said.  No problem, unless one was looking for LR3 or earlier !!   LOL

Jpegman

jpegman's gear list:jpegman's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +5 more

jpegman wrote:

I don't know about the ignore list,

I was talking about me and the poster making each other's list. Anyway...

but, when I clicked on your LR download link, it took me right to the page to download LR 4, 5, or 6 as you said.

Yeah, they're the exact links. I just named mine before linking.

-- hide signature --

rb0321
rb0321 Senior Member • Posts: 2,448

ADMint wrote:

rb0321 wrote:

I'm probably on the ignore list (I know mine is long) but that's the exactlink I posted

Nah, I don't have an ignore list. It's the variety of our various personalities that makes life interesting.

Yeah, I didn't click your link since I'm 'not in the market' but I now see it's the same and should get him what he needs.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/rb00321/

rb0321's gear list:rb0321's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
CameraCarl Veteran Member • Posts: 6,167

Do you still have the disc?  Can you install it from the disc? Odds are you will have a very difficult time finding a downloadable version that old.  LR 4 must be six or seven years old.

OP JR Dailey New Member • Posts: 16

Found It !

Thanks everybody

Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 6,002

JR

If you have Adobe Creative Cloud installed on your computer, Lightroom Standalone will get "converted" to a CC trial.

There are threads on Adobe Forum on how to handle it.

In essence, I believe you have to sign out of the trial or cloud version and sign back in with your standalone code.

I wish Adobe would allow activation/deactivation on the web site once signed in.

As with your case, if a computer crashes, the app was never signed out/deactivated.  The whole system is flawed in my opinion.

JR Dailey wrote:

Found It !

Thanks everybody

Found what? Disc? Link?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Gesture wrote:

JR

If you have Adobe Creative Cloud installed on your computer, Lightroom Standalone will get "converted" to a CC trial.

It shouldn't unless you let it. It's the same as me having Acrobat XI Pro and Adobe nagging me to upgrade to CC.

And yes, I have the Creative Cloud app installed because I have both LR CC and PS CC.

The whole system is flawed in my opinion.

Yeah, there are some issues here and there.

-- hide signature --

rb0321 wrote:

Nah, I don't have an ignore list. It's the varietyof our various personalities that makes life interesting.

Yeah, I didn't click your link since I'm 'not in the market' but I now see it's the same and should get him what he needs.

Got it.

Peace:)

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads