!!!!!! >>>> Macro/Closeup Thread 19 February 2018 <<<< !!!!!!

Started Feb 19, 2018 | Discussions
gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 6,246
!!!!!! >>>> Macro/Closeup Thread 19 February 2018 <<<< !!!!!!

Welcome to the Macro/Closeup Thread 19 February 2018

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

Although this is the Panasonic Compact Camera Forum we welcome photos taken with any camera.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

When posting images to this thread PLEASE:

*****************REPLY TO ORIGINAL THREAD***************

********CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE TO YOUR OWN UNIQUE TITLE*******

THANK YOU

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

Please feel free to post images of insects and other little animals, flowers, buds, foliage etc, droplets, man-made items or anything else that is somewhat small or seen closer up than usual.

The images might be recent or not, straight out of the camera or post processed a little or a lot, including any artistic or other effects that appeal to you.

If you prefer to simply post images that is fine, but if you are inclined to add a little background about the subject or equipment, post processing etc or any stories about the shots that would be good and may encourage better responses.

If you have questions about finding or creating subjects, capture technique, equipment, post processing etc please do ask and hopefully someone here will be able to give some helpful suggestions. And if you have lessons you have learned please do share them to help others improve and enjoy their close-up/macro activities.

You may simply want to share your images with others here, but if you would like Constructive Comments/Critique or however you prefer to think of it, please either add "CC requested" or similar to the subject line or to the text of the post.

If you can respond to any CC requests that would be great.

Donald B
Donald B Forum Pro • Posts: 13,094
looks like im the first :-)

some colorful macros Em52 microscope objective lens.

Don

-- hide signature --

Olympus EM5, EM5mk2 my toys.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1

Adsum
Adsum Regular Member • Posts: 409
Re: looks like im the first :-)

WOW! Great shots.

OP gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 6,246
Aquilegia, Hellebore, Camellia

These were captured hand-held a couple of days ago in our garden with a G80, the first and third with an Olympus 60mm macro and the second with a new Panasonic 14-140 (now reboxed to be replaced tomorrow with one that hopefully works 100% properly). The raw files were batch processed in DXO PhotoLab and Lightroom, with very minor image-specific adjustment (possibly just cropping) in Lightroom.

Aquilegia foliage

Hellebore

Camellia

OP gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 6,246
Donald B

gardenersassistant wrote:

Terrific set. Single shots?

No I wish :-). 40 shots some only 26 shots , I purchased Zerene yesterday after the month trial but still have a way to go with processing the images , its my yearly project so im not in any hurry . still waiting for my new rail to arrive and then I can build version 2 of my contraption.

Don

-- hide signature --

Donald B

gardenersassistant wrote:

Terrific set. Single shots?

The last image is stacked in PS cc it didn't come out to bad but it was very slow and took the fun out of the process, I tried stacking a more complex bug in PS but it didn't work real well to many mistakes to fix , zerene is just so simple to use. Must admit I enjoy building my mechanical steppedĀ rail just as much as taking the photos but my tolerance's are letting me down now so time for a new gizmo.

Don

-- hide signature --

Donald B

I have reduced the file size to 2 /3 meg so they can be easily seen at full size , I hate the way dpr changed the image size to pixels rather than file size, people think my images are 15 meg ( they are originally )

Don

-- hide signature --

DNSJR Senior Member • Posts: 2,345
Filling Up

caught this guy loading up, check the pollen sac, hand held with my Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro

DNSJR's gear list:DNSJR's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +7 more
SDKat New Member • Posts: 6
Re: !!!!!! >>>> Macro/Closeup Thread 19 February 2018 <<<< !!!!!!

These were taken with a Sony Alpha 100 and Tamron 75-300 zoom with 1:2 macro.

Made me furious that I gave away my Olympus C-720, so I now have a C-750, AND an Olympus SP-620UZ, as well as an FZ80!  And still have the Sony, though I don't use it much.

White wall with direct sunlight, could have used some filters..

SDKat's gear list:SDKat's gear list
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
AllAboutNature Regular Member • Posts: 430
All Fungus-ey

Having a spell of moderate temperatures, so turkey tails, lichens and mosses are livening up.  Will still be more than a month before we have flower blooms of any kind.

AllAboutNature's gear list:AllAboutNature's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70

Love the chrome jumping spider!  How can you not love their faces?

Re: Aquilegia, Hellebore, Camellia

Very lovely.  The Camellia's are my favorite, which are not hardy in my area unfortunately.

DNSJR Senior Member • Posts: 2,345

Donald, great shots, impressive detail!

DNSJR's gear list:DNSJR's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +7 more
jacketpotato Senior Member • Posts: 2,244

Magnificent creatures of nature wonderfully photographed Donald.

First my favourite due to pinknessĀ 

Re: Aquilegia, Hellebore, Camellia

Water droplets amongst flowers, foliage amongst my favourite to view, to photograph.

:::::

Had to look into macro lenses for my m43 as overcast yesterday tz20 couldn't cope high iso mush due to not enough light, iso 100 too slow shutter motion blur.

Oly 60/2.8 beyond my means as for now, Sigma 60/2.8 with Closeup filter i could, legacy glass macro too however they bulky on my carry about Gf3. Revering ring adapter cheapest option !

For now I've settled on Closeup +3 filter on my Jupiter 50mm/2 : 40.5mm filter thread. Its alright "arty" rather than detail. I would like detail as well. Perhaps placing quality closeup on Fz is a solution with Macro Zoom + Ez Zoom.

Re: Filling Up

Sooooo cute curled up Bee.

Steady Eddy for handheld

Oly C-720 Re: !!!!!! >>>> Macro/Closeup Thread 19 February 2018 <<<< !!!!!!

SDKat wrote:

Made me furious that I gave away my Olympus C-720

Kat im curious re Oly C-720. Did it have excellent macro. Im on the lookout for a quality macro compact tele end.

Ive had Oly compacts https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4243121

Re: All Fungus-ey

First, last lush.

:::::

Perhaps for me Fz's with constant F2.8 are best macro cameras (i had fz200) as even when overcast i can stay max macro zoom F2.8 iso100 decent shutter speed. Smaller sensor giving detail across the subject whilst a larger sensor i would need to stack : something i've never tried.

Ideally for me someone would bring dedicated macro compact 1/2.3 sensor : F1.8 constant : 35mm-135mm with macro zoom at 135mm , swivel tilt screen to keep body out way of light. 5axis image stabilised.

Jerry045
Jerry045 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,811
Our Daffodils are in bloom.

Somehow we don't remember planting these, but there are three clumps in the back yard. And it's February, supposedly too soon for blooming.  Oh well.....

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads