Visual playground - J1 & 10-30mm

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Seedeich Senior Member • Posts: 2,667
Visual playground - J1 & 10-30mm

On my way to the supermarket there was this construction site for a new playground. Of course I had to look around and see if I could find some visual treasures.

Here’s what I found.

Nikon 1 J1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Veteran Member • Posts: 8,967
Re: Visual playground - J1 & 10-30mm

Great eye, as usual. I like this picture. i don't have a clue as to what it is and how you took the photo. But what matters is the result. And I really like it.

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D3300 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
CX Bob
CX Bob Senior Member • Posts: 1,975

André, you took the words right out of my mouth.  Like it.  No clue.
The dark area could be smaller and closer, or bigger and farther away.
My first thoughts were either some sort of building or maybe a chair.
But not a particularly well-designed version of either!  ( :

CX Bob

Seedeich, is this the 'official' J1 10-30, or the newer lens?

OP Seedeich Senior Member • Posts: 2,667

Thanks, André and Bob.

I guess, we are in the completely abstract department here.

Actually it’s the reflection of a climbing “furniture” under construction - in a puddle with steel sheets on the ground.
The colour version works also very well.

The 10-30mm is the original non-PD version.

Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 297

Intriguing photo.

Out of the dirt and grime will come a colourful children’s play area.

Nice

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +7 more
CX Bob

Yep!  Works just as well in color or not.  The effect is perhaps a little different, but they're both just as good.  I was asking about the lens because of how well the small details in the reflection are showing themselves, even under close scrutiny.  Since the older 10-30 seems to have a little more 'variation' in its optical performance than many other N1 lenses, I'd have to say you got one of the 'very good' ones!  ( :

Adzor wrote:

Intriguing photo.

Out of the dirt and grime will come a colourful children’s play area.

Nice

Thanks,Adzor.

I found the juxtaposition of the dirt and grime with the geometrical lines intriguing.

CX Bob wrote:

Yep! Works just as well in color or not. The effect is perhaps a little different, but they're both just as good. I was asking about the lens because of how well the small details in the reflection are showing themselves, even under close scrutiny. Since the older 10-30 seems to have a little more 'variation' in its optical performance than many other N1 lenses, I'd have to say you got one of the 'very good' ones! ( :

Actually I like the blueish / brownish tones of the colour version. But I find it a bit less abstract, there’s more a feeling of the material.

Re the original 10-30mm lens. I have two samples of them and both are equally good. Maybe I was just lucky.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads