Do you like??

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
asahi man Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Do you like??

Joseph Tainter Forum Pro • Posts: 10,069
Re: Do you like??

Is this a teaser about the K-1ii?

When Pentax makes a second generation of a particular model, it usually turns out to be a superb camera. For example, there were the ZX-5n and PZ-1P (I still have two of them) from film days. From digital days we have the K-5II and IIs, and the K-3II.

Joe

Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 8,856

All right... what is this? An official teaser yet to be published, something you've made up by darkening a K-3 image?

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +6 more
yardcoyote Veteran Member • Posts: 9,947

And is the shutter speed indicative of something significant?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
walgarch Regular Member • Posts: 323

I'm guessing some interesting news in 8 days? I assume that's a date in reverse order... otherwise we might be waiting till 2218 A.D before we get an updated K1

-- hide signature --

Will
=============================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walgarch

walgarch's gear list:walgarch's gear list
Pentax K-1 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO HD Pentax D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR Pentax FA 15-30mm F2.8 Fujifilm X100S +9 more
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 4,572

Alex Sarbu wrote:

All right... what is this? An official teaser yet to be published, something you've made up by darkening a K-3 image?

Alex

It will fascinating to know. enlarging and playing with the gamma of the image it looks like a the top plate of a K1 - the extra dial on the top image left becomes visible, but the lens mount bulge is curved like the K7/5/3 while on the K1 it is square, so I think it is a new camera.

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +2 more

walgarch wrote:

I'm guessing some interesting news in 8 days? I assume that's a date in reverse order... otherwise we might be waiting till 2218 A.D before we get an updated K1

-- hide signature --

Will
=============================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walgarch

The date is written xx 02 18 . Not being American, Ricoh don't use "least significant in the middle" date format.  So it could be any day this month, not the 18th specifically.

Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +2 more
MightyMike Forum Pro • Posts: 38,183

I suppose I have to mark February 18th on the calendar

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

soheil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,007

You have to put two marks on Feb 2nd.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil
------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs +19 more
LightBug Senior Member • Posts: 2,276
It's a camera!

Let the guessing game begin!

LightBug's gear list:LightBug's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-S2 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +10 more
KiloHotelphoto Junior Member • Posts: 46

No.

KiloHotelphoto's gear list:KiloHotelphoto's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III +2 more
gravelhopper Regular Member • Posts: 100

Asahi man - master of teasing.

robbo d Senior Member • Posts: 2,681
Firmware update...

.... that was coming in a few hours / days?

MightyMike wrote:

I suppose I have to mark February 18th on the calendar

Europe and Japan wouldn't write 18th Feb as "02 18".  What you're seeing is part of a date which the xx of 02 2018"

Gary Martin
Gary Martin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,932
Re: Firmware update...

Don’t. Shoot. The messenger.

Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus PEN-F Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +12 more
gravelhopper Regular Member • Posts: 100
Re: Firmware update...

that's what I was reminded of ...

johnami
johnami Contributing Member • Posts: 949

asahi man wrote:

Do you like it?... .would be the full question, but since I cannot speak Japanese I would never complain about your English sir. But helping you is rather my aim. And it also helps me to reply to your question. I would like to like it, once 'it' is clearer to me.  Thanks for the mysterious question.

johnami's gear list:johnami's gear list
Sigma DP2 Ricoh GR II Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 +11 more
rwl408 Senior Member • Posts: 1,827

I am guessing that it is a repackaging K1 in a small and lighter body with some enhancement through firmware update.

Petroglyph
Petroglyph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,052

asahi man wrote:

I recall the K1 promotion was something like that at the beginning.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Rokinon 135mm F2.0 Samyang 20mm F1.8
Oiche Regular Member • Posts: 254
The new APS-C

The so called K3-III but it is not called that.

Not the K1-II

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads