Panasonic Lumix FZ300/330

Started 7 months ago | Questions
martinfbrown New Member • Posts: 13
Panasonic Lumix FZ300/330

I have a Lumix FZ330. I would like to connect it to my MacBook Pro via WI-FI,but this is proving to be quite dificult. I actually have some instructions from Panasonic,but they don't seem to work. Has anyone tried to do this? Thanks

Martin

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sonyshine
Sonyshine Veteran Member • Posts: 8,892
Re: Panasonic Lumix FZ300/330

Yes, easy to do, just create a direct pc connection and connect the MAC to the Panasonic wifi.

Pretty pointless though, MUCH quicker to just stick the SD card in your MAC.

I tried it once and never bothered since. I use the Wifi function with my iPhone or iPad for remote shooting and that works fine.

-- hide signature --

Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence. Intelligence has its limits...

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Apple iPhone SE
PJPfeiffer Contributing Member • Posts: 592

martinfbrown wrote:

I have a Lumix FZ330. I would like to connect it to my MacBook Pro via WI-FI,but this is proving to be quite dificult. I actually have some instructions from Panasonic,but they don't seem to work. Has anyone tried to do this? Thanks

Martin

I use Panasonic Image App on my iPhone which enables remote camera control. This app might be available for the Mac also

PJPfeiffer's gear list:PJPfeiffer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Apple iPhone 5s Snapseed +3 more
Sonyshine
Sonyshine Veteran Member • Posts: 8,892

No. There is no app for the MAC computers.

-- hide signature --

Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence. Intelligence has its limits...

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Apple iPhone SE
OP martinfbrown New Member • Posts: 13

Thanks, yes it does actually seem pointless when I think about it. Easier to connect to iPad.

Martin

Anders Kjellman
Anders Kjellman Forum Member • Posts: 66

martinfbrown wrote:

Thanks, yes it does actually seem pointless when I think about it. Easier to connect to iPad.

Martin

If you wish to transfer pictures, then it´s much easier to just pop the card out and slide it into your Mac /card reader. If, however, you wish to remote control the camera, the app is the way to go. Works very good, quick and stable. Good luck, it´s a great camera!

Anders Kjellman's gear list:Anders Kjellman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Nikon D5200 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro Nokia Lumia 1020 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads