What a joke UPS is!!!

Started Dec 2, 2017 | Discussions
sat24 Junior Member • Posts: 48
What a joke UPS is!!!

Focus Camera came thru fabulously and got my A7R3 out of their warehouse as promised via UPS Next Day Air Saturday Delivery at no extra charge.

Now the package is still at Newark, NJ. No way it can make it to Seattle today (which means my sunday engagement is screwed royally). After about 24 hrs of having been picked up. Are you kidding me???

To anyone from UPS reading this: you had ONE job to do. Deliver my package on the date you promised and then took my money to do that. You failed.

sat24's gear list:sat24's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +5 more
Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
chrisrabe Senior Member • Posts: 1,718
Re: What a joke UPS is!!!

What's wrong with your current camera?

chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +5 more
scrane
scrane Senior Member • Posts: 1,832

sat24 wrote:

Focus Camera came thru fabulously and got my A7R3 out of their warehouse as promised via UPS Next Day Air Saturday Delivery at no extra charge.

Now the package is still at Newark, NJ. No way it can make it to Seattle today (which means my sunday engagement is screwed royally). After about 24 hrs of having been picked up. Are you kidding me???

To anyone from UPS reading this: you had ONE job to do. Deliver my package on the date you promised and then took my money to do that. You failed.

Give me a break.

scrane's gear list:scrane's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Nikon D810 Sony a7R II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,222

What a joke this post is... not only did you use the kind of judgement that would get many people working for someone else fired from their job .... but you then had the audacity to blame UPS for your poor judgement and even worse publish the details here for all to see! If you really needed (not just wanted) a camera that you didn't have, then counting on a camera that you've never used that could have shipping problems and that could arrive faulty or DOA the day before the event is terrible judgement.

ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,402

No wonder he's a Junior Member.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +3 more
MedicineMan999
MedicineMan999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,469

Hey I'm a junior member too, give us a break We'll learn (maybe), just a matter of time.

I'm in the same boat, B/H has 'shipped' the FE24-105 (or so it says on their site) but UPS hasn't done anything with it. Happily I don't need it for anything except to round out my 3 lens kit so I'm not sweating it.

MedicineMan999's gear list:MedicineMan999's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-3 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Sony RX100 V +57 more
OP sat24 Junior Member • Posts: 48

ARB1 wrote:

No wonder he's a Junior Member.

Lol what does that even mean? I didnt realize the badges meant some sort of hierarchy...

OP sat24 Junior Member • Posts: 48

Clayton1985 wrote:

What a joke this post is... not only did you use the kind of judgement that would get many people working for someone else fired from their job .... but you then had the audacity to blame UPS for your poor judgement and even worse publish the details here for all to see! If you really needed (not just wanted) a camera that you didn't have, then counting on a camera that you've never used that could have shipping problems and that could arrive faulty or DOA the day before the event is terrible judgement.

So you work for UPS? who said anything about getting anyone fired?? Stop putting words into my mouth, please.

Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,222

sat24 wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

So you work for UPS? who said anything about getting anyone fired?? Stop putting words into my mouth, please.

I'm thinking you didn't understand a word of my post....

fredflintstone Regular Member • Posts: 462
The Joke's on you!!!

Actually, UPS has millions of things to do.  We just had a record Cyber Monday, meaning UPS has a record amount of packages to move.

Ever hear of a back-up plan?

-- hide signature --

Stone Age (former film) Photographer.
Yabadabado!

fredflintstone's gear list:fredflintstone's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +4 more
x43x
x43x Forum Member • Posts: 56

I'll let you rent mine

At least they didn't lose your camera like they lost some carbon bike wheels I ordered on Monday.  Supposed to be delivered on Wednesday from Portland to Seattle.  Somehow they ended up in Minnesota!

x43x's gear list:x43x's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24-105mm F4
j a k e New Member • Posts: 12
Re: The Joke's on you!!!

fredflintstone wrote:

Actually, UPS has millions of things to do. We just had a record Cyber Monday, meaning UPS has a record amount of packages to move.

Ever hear of a back-up plan?

Ya, they/you do have millions of things to do. You rely's on it for revenue. You want it. You Talk about it and plan for it. Not an excuse! Don't pretend like it's our job to not get what we paid for.

ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,402

MedicineMan999 wrote:

Hey I'm a junior member too, give us a break We'll learn (maybe), just a matter of time.

I'm in the same boat, B/H has 'shipped' the FE24-105 (or so it says on their site) but UPS hasn't done anything with it. Happily I don't need it for anything except to round out my 3 lens kit so I'm not sweating it.

I was just kidding, and many of us are in the same boat.  My 24-105mm has also been sitting in that UPS holding pattern and I know I was near the top of the B&H list, I'm just not going to have coronary over it like some folks.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +3 more
Landsandgrooves Regular Member • Posts: 244

Patience, Grasshopper.

First World Problem.

Landsandgrooves's gear list:Landsandgrooves's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7S II Sony a7R III Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 +15 more
greg kozlik Forum Member • Posts: 97

I'll weigh in - originally schedules for 12-1 delivery (thank you Adorama) - but had some kind of kurfuffle in Plainfield, IN - UPS app says, "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled".  - that's just outright flaky.

What is their "operating conditions"?

Look - it's not life-threatening but I lost a weekend shoot I had planned with the iii.  Disappointing none-the-less.

I will try to specify Fed-Ex next time................ just sayin.

This is also the wrong season to be relying on prompt delivery - kinda like hoping to arrive on time during rush hour .............. just not impressed with UPS.

greg kozlik's gear list:greg kozlik's gear list
Sony RX10 III Sony RX100 V Sony a7R II Leica M-P (Typ 240) Sony 35mm F1.4 G +7 more
MedicineMan999
MedicineMan999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,469

I've tried to specify FedEx before and at least B&H would have nothing to do with it. I know when I sell a lens or body I ship via FedEx because I want no issues for the buyer. Many have told me that FedEx packaging is better than new stuff they have received from any of the big boxes. We can wish.

MedicineMan999's gear list:MedicineMan999's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-3 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Sony RX100 V +57 more
DVT80111 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,542
What's a joke

Plan to shoot an important event with a short supply newly released camera that arrives a day before the event with hardly anytime to get familiar with it.  That is more of a joke to me.

DVT80111's gear list:DVT80111's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Sony a7R II Fujifilm X-T30
Craig NC
Craig NC Contributing Member • Posts: 663

sat24 wrote:

They did not have ONE job, they  handle hundreds of thousands of packages every day.  Even if they are 99.9% good, that still leaves hundreds of packages that will encounter a problem.  I am always amazed they don’t screw up more.  Sorry about your one package, I know I have a couple stories I could tell too, but I think a little perspective would be in order here.  Yours was likely not the ONE package they had to process that day.

Craig NC's gear list:Craig NC's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +4 more
ncsakany
ncsakany Senior Member • Posts: 2,214

Hey, if they took money for a time-definite delivery, then heck yeah, they should be held to that, regardless of how many packages they handle.

ncsakany's gear list:ncsakany's gear list
Nikon Z7 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
Craig NC
Craig NC Contributing Member • Posts: 663

sat24 wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Sat24,  I believe the person who would be fired is the one who put their company in a position where they were depending a camera to be shipped overnight.

Craig NC's gear list:Craig NC's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads