Leica CL

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Toby43 Regular Member • Posts: 246
Leica CL

Now there's no excuse....

Toby43's gear list:Toby43's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +4 more
Andrewteee Senior Member • Posts: 2,890
Re: Leica CL

I think Ricoh’s given up. I hope not.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Ricoh GR Digital IV Leica Q Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +3 more
Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 34,433

Toby43 wrote:

Thanks for the lead.

I just went off and had a look at the Leica CL and was quite glad that I already had the more advanced Panasonic GX85.  Unless an aps-c sensor has some snob appeal

I presume that the Leica kit lens (made in Japan) is made by Panasonic and somewhere along the line seems to have had an extraordinary high margin applied to create a “rare value” out of the patent.

This camera is in the Ricoh GXR “class” and Ricoh had its chance and has already dropped that ball - this is no competitor for what Ricoh currently produced.

Revive the GXR?  Well that would be truly interesting but there is a lot of playing catchup involved.  Both the CL and GX85 are much further down the development track than where the GXR was when the project was abandoned.

John Gellings Senior Member • Posts: 4,079

Toby43 wrote:

There's never been one before the CL either...

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads