Leica CL

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Toby43 Regular Member • Posts: 269
Leica CL

Now there's no excuse....

Toby43's gear list:Toby43's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +5 more
Andrewteee Senior Member • Posts: 2,929
Re: Leica CL

I think Ricoh’s given up. I hope not.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Ricoh GR Digital IV Leica Q Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +1 more
Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 35,162

Toby43 wrote:

Thanks for the lead.

I just went off and had a look at the Leica CL and was quite glad that I already had the more advanced Panasonic GX85.  Unless an aps-c sensor has some snob appeal

I presume that the Leica kit lens (made in Japan) is made by Panasonic and somewhere along the line seems to have had an extraordinary high margin applied to create a “rare value” out of the patent.

This camera is in the Ricoh GXR “class” and Ricoh had its chance and has already dropped that ball - this is no competitor for what Ricoh currently produced.

Revive the GXR?  Well that would be truly interesting but there is a lot of playing catchup involved.  Both the CL and GX85 are much further down the development track than where the GXR was when the project was abandoned.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

John Gellings Veteran Member • Posts: 4,419

Toby43 wrote:

There's never been one before the CL either...

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads