Magic Kingdom(Disney World) Lens

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Jchang426 Junior Member • Posts: 34
Magic Kingdom(Disney World) Lens

Going to Disney soon with my A6000 and the kit lens. Will that be good and all I need or should I have bring another lens. Suggestions are welcome. thanks

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 29,272
Re: Magic Kingdom(Disney World) Lens

You got some replies in a thread you made 2 days ago - you may have forgotten about that post, so just for reference:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60377322

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Craig Gillette Veteran Member • Posts: 9,615

Can't help too much.  Everyone approaches the resorts differently.  The kit lens would work well for general day time walk-around uses, for people as it always does, etc.  Not as optimal for dark conditions.  If I were considering a faster lens for inside the rides, and just general use as well, I'd want wider than the 30-35mm range.  The more stuff you take, the more you need to carry along.  Swapping lenses isn't difficult but it's going to delay things some, needs at least a bit of space.

I'm close to the California resorts.  You see people with all kinds of kits, including many using only their phones, tablets once in a while and fill on multi-camera dslr kits as well.

Photopass is a decent option (not sure what the prices are now) but they tend to have photographers scattered all over the parks, in good areas for shots, around characters, etc.  Can be handy when you want some of the iconic locations and to include yourself as well.

Kachu Regular Member • Posts: 116

Craig Gillette wrote:

Photopass is a decent option (not sure what the prices are now) but they tend to have photographers scattered all over the parks, in good areas for shots, around characters, etc. Can be handy when you want some of the iconic locations and to include yourself as well.

I believe it is 80~100 for unlimited photos. But it is hands down a great value. I think we got over a hundred photos (each photo area will take 3~10 photos) in June over 2 days. Many keepers. All without handing your camera over to someone to get you in the photo.

Kachu's gear list:Kachu's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 NEX-5T Nikon 1 S2 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads