First and Last Canon Printer EVER -Terrible Customer support

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
David Pavlich
David Pavlich Senior Member • Posts: 3,329
Re: First and Last Canon Printer EVER -Terrible Customer support

I've had three dealings with Canon support; a 7D, a 300mm f4, and a Pro 100 printer, all very satisfactory results.  I was on the phone for about 15 minutes with the tech about the printer, it was brand new, but the print head was stuck.

We did all of the diagnostics we could over the phone.  When that didn't work, he told me he was sending me a new printer with ink and with the new printer was the RA slip and the prepaid shipping label.  I received the new printer then shipped back the old one.

Your story about an ad that was dated in 2016 is unfortunate, but 3 for 3 with Canon support for me tells me their people are top shelf.

Truth in advertising, I bought a P800.  Not because I don't like Canon, I wanted the roll option for my 17" printer.  If I ever move to a larger machine, it will surely be a Canon.

David

-- hide signature --

A computer once beat me at chess, but was no match for me at kick boxing.
Viewbug: https://www.viewbug.com/member/David_Pavlich

David Pavlich's gear list:David Pavlich's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
huksywolf Regular Member • Posts: 161
Re: Canon Printer Support via Twitter GREAT!!

I don't LOVE the brand. How could anyone love the company who charges over $100 for a set of inks! But your reason to be so upset is rather unsympathetic.

User0023845795
User0023845795 Junior Member • Posts: 29

I have to agree that the "customer service" on the Shop Canon USA website is lower than the standard that many have come to expect.

Canon are still promoting their free paper bundle when you buy $30 or more of professional ink. The promotion is listed as ending on October 31st.

I've just now added two CLI-42 cartridges to my shopping cart. Because I saw this thread yesterday, I took an extra-careful look at my cart before checking out. I saw the two cartridges listed, but nothing else. Hmmm, where's the paper?

Then I saw a "Change Free Gift" button below the listing of the two carts. I clicked on that button, and the option "I would like the following free gift" was selected by default. (There was also an unselected option for "I Do Not Want the Free Gift.") Below that, it showed "Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack", and below that, it said "Out of Stock."

Hmmm --- "Out of Stock"???

So I closed that dialog box, and scanned my shopping cart again. This time, up at the **very top** of the cart screen, in small type (not italic, not bold - just **small**), was this message:

"We're sorry but the free gift associated with an item in your cart is currently out of stock. If you still wish to purchase this item without the free gift, please click the 'Start Checkout' button below."

Really?

Canon continue to advertise this promotion on the product page for the ink. Then it puts a button called "Change Free Gift", whose dialog box has as the default "I would like the following free gift" - which all implies that there IS A FREE GIFT. Most people would NOT click on that button, as they probably don't want to change the free gift.

But in reality - I am NOT going to receive the free gift because it's "Out of Stock."

And if I didn't scan my cart like a hawk, it would have been VERY EASY to miss that small-type message at the top.

At a minimum, that message should be right next to the "Checkout" button. IN BOLD.

However - GOOD customer service would require that if Canon are still advertising the promotion, they should SHIP YOU THE PAPER WHEN IT'S BACK IN STOCK.

I believe that's what most people would naturally expect.

I think Canon must believe they're covering their backside when they bury this line in the "Details" message about the free paper: "Availability of certain items may be limited."

Legally, that may be so.

But it's very poor customer service.

User0023845795's gear list:User0023845795's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Pentax K10D Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR +1 more
K E Hoffman
OP K E Hoffman Senior Member • Posts: 5,103

huksywolf wrote:

I don't LOVE the brand. How could anyone love the company who charges over $100 for a set of inks! But your reason to be so upset is rather unsympathetic.

A) They all charge for ink.  It's part of the model. And the ink probably still subsidizes the real cost of the equipment. One of the reasons I chose the Canon over the Epson (I had planned on) was the realization that if I wanted to choose my ink, Epson was actively disabling printers when they detected likely 3rd party ink vs the more standard practices to make 3rd party ink usage the land of the motivated.

B) Canon Imaging support, disagrees with you.  They were quick to clean up after Canon Web Store Support.   And as I now have distinct experiences between the two, I am not going to assume my printer would get the poor level of support my order did.  But I will not be a doormat for sloppy retail nor rude customer support.  Some here seem to think it is ok to be treated poorly and we all should just shut up and take it.

I do not.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a6500 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
jtoolman
jtoolman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,777

huksywolf wrote:

Spoiler Alert!! They all do!

Joe

-- hide signature --

MY VIDEO CHANNEL. PRINTING and personal videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz9YXaSulpM90vC24lmAeZA
Micromachining and Miniature Cabinetmaking channel
JTOOLMAN1949 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFPD5beoll9TvvW2u_dR0hQ

farmersteve
farmersteve Contributing Member • Posts: 609

I've had nothing but good interactions with Canon going back many years. I got the deal a couple of weeks ago before it was out of stock and just got my paper this week. But, I just went back to their store and tried to get the deal and it looks like it's still there, but when you look at your cart, you can't get it and the only option is to say you don't want it. I think the right hand doesn't know what the left had is doing. I would get on a chat window with Canon customer support and drag them over the coals until they give you the paper. This kind of sucks...

-- hide signature --

Film is making a comeback!

farmersteve's gear list:farmersteve's gear list
Sony a6000 Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Canon Pixma Pro-10 Canon Pixma Pro-100 +1 more
User0023845795

Yeah, it kinda does.  They should either honor it or remove it from the ink product page.

I did try their chat but I was #8 in the queue, so I'll try again another day first thing in the morning.

Canon PowerShot G5 Pentax K10D Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 5,804

Can't complain for all the Buy 1 get a bunch of paper I've ordered.  And when $50 was the minimum for free shipping, Canon recognized the value of the free paper as helping meet that requirement.

But you can see in the last six months that the deals have diminished (including what comes when buying 2 ink carts) and it's now a $100 purchase needed to get free shipping.

Fortunately, I have enough RC paper for a good while.

Gesture Veteran Member • Posts: 5,804

K E Hoffman

Never had to work with Canon customer support for any of my Canon cameras or printers.

But I have been on the Canon USA Store web site enough times to know it's not the slickest in the world.  Can understand what happened and it's great that Printer Support division responded so well.  I am always cautious when I order off that site.

farmersteve
farmersteve Contributing Member • Posts: 609

Yes, it does seem like the great deals have slowed down significantly. I wonder if they have reached the saturation of the market they desired. I sure bit on enough Canon deals to take me away from Epson, that's for sure!

-- hide signature --

Film is making a comeback!

farmersteve's gear list:farmersteve's gear list
Sony a6000 Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Canon Pixma Pro-10 Canon Pixma Pro-100 +1 more
User0023845795

Hoo boy.  So I contacted Canon via their chat just out of curiosity, and I'm ending up filing a complaint with the AG's office!  Over $30 worth of ink.  (Yes, not worth my time, I know.  But I really don't like it when big companies treat their customers poorly.)

And I would say they were definitely rude, and borderline hostile.

At first I just asked, is there any way the free paper could be shipped *later* if it comes back in stock? "Jasmine's" answer was:

If the gift should become available, it will not be shipped at a later date.

Okay, then.  That sounds like their final answer.

Then I asked "So why does it still say 'Get FREE (in caps) Paper" if Canon knows it's out of stock?"

Jasmine immediately showed me the text of the popup message that nobody would even know was there, as if she gets this complaint a dozen times a day:

"Thank you for your patience. The promotion is valid through October 31 and while supplies last, as the promotional below shows:    (NOTE: It's not in bold in the popup message.)

Receive a FREE Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack when you spend $30 or more on Professional Ink - Offer valid October 16, 2017 12:00 a.m. through October 31, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. The Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack includes the following, 1 Pack of LU-101 13X19 50 Sheets, 2 Packs of SG-201_13x19 50 Sheets and 2 Packs of PRO Paper Sampler Package.Availability of certain items may be limited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability.Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 or the only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer excludes PFI Pro Series Inks and Maintenance Cartridges. Offer subject to Terms of Sale."

I told jasmine yes, I saw that, but nobody looks at that popup window.  Her answer?

"It is available to view at all times."

No jasmine, it's NOT. Someone has to guess it's there and click on it, because there's nothing that shows there's anything clickable.

I also told her that if Canon **knows** the paper is out of stock, it shouldn't display the FREE (in caps) offer on the ink's page. That it's like putting up a sign in a window that says "Sale", and when people come in for the sale item, telling them "it's out of stock, but you can buy this one instead."

She "thanked" me for my feedback, and asked if there was anything ELSE she could help me with.

At this point I was a bit miffed at the curt treatment I received over what feels just like a bait & switch, so I told her no, there isn't anything ELSE, because she hasn't helped me with ANYTHING.

Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 17,970
Possibly

DtEW wrote:

K E Hoffman wrote:

This comes under the heading of should you consider customer support when buying a printer or other gear... Yes.

A week ago was a happy NEW Canon customer. I bypassed Epson and got the Canon based in not only price but some videos about the print quality I saw. I had an old HP B9180 that the no longer make ink for etc... (When I had it and it had a problem they shipped a replacement overnight... That is support)

One call to customer support at Canon's online store and I can tell you my next photo-printer will be an Epson. (I use them for my office printers)

Do I really want to be a customer when they would prefer to argue with me, tell me what happened was impossible etc. vs apologize and find an amicable solution to a problem their website management caused or at least once say "I'm sorry our site created this confusion."

What happened:

So last week I was getting ink for my new Canon Pro 10 printer. Not a bad deal with the rebate. Canon has run a couple of really nice deals on 13x19 paper if you buy $30 in ink. I have 5 boxes of 13x19 paper that were free after two ink orders. Probably more 13x19 than I will use in a year or two. so when Slickdeals linked to Canon's site for a Buy 1 get 9 deal on small 20 packs of Letter Gloss paper.. I didn't seem unusual.

It was high gloss which I didn't have and people like. Buy one get Nine free. So I get it, but unlike the other deals I don't see the extra paper listed in the cart. But it says on the order page. " If you need more than 10, contact us. " BestBuy does that sometimes.

But since the cart wasn't doing the advertised deal. I took a screen cap of everything so it had my clock on the task bar etc.

Sure enough box shows up with one pack of paper.. and at normal prices I would probably go to Red River..

Chat Support keeps telling me "it wasn't our site" which it was.

Phone support helps us get where the problem was... buried in the URL at the top of the page... no where on the page itself.. is https://shop.usa.canon.com/.../cyber-monday-in-november/ didn't see that and not one place on the page did it say November.. or even Cyber Monday which we all know companies do Cyber Monday sales all the time.

But now we know what the problem was. Someone left a sale page live on their site someone found it and reported it on Slick Deals So a good support system would own up, apologize for the confusion and offer a compromise of some kind to make up for their mistake.

Three Canon Support people told me:

• Not on our site:
  • That's an old ad on someone else's site
  • If you click a link that's the problem you can't expect us to be responsible if you clicked a link. (she clearly doesn't understand the Internet)
  • I was told "we are not responsible for a cached site." I wasn't cached it was live page on their site... I have screen cap to show it.
  • "I don't have to do ANYTHING for you based on a technicality"
  • No one ever asked to see the screen capture.
  • No one ever said I am sorry if a site glitch mis-lead you
  • No one acted like a Canon customer has much value to them. Denying blame and winning the argument were most important. One them might be President someday

After we found the URL good process is "can I send you one extra pack or something." would have totally diffused the situation. HecK Amazon would ship the nine paper packs but few companies are as pro-customer as Amazon is.

Keep in mind Amazon once sent me a New Generator when the one they shipped before had been and open box, but sold new, never once suggested I prove the one I got was an Open box. Then told me to keep both. They also when a sowing machine we needed for the weekend was missed shipped gave us $100 credit to cover the cost of buying it locally so we could make a deadline. Amazon rocks and its why I spend thousands with them over the years.

So its sad to see a company that clearly has no policy to work with the customer when mistakes were made. It was like a politician telling you they never said something you have them on video saying.

So I will use the printer and the paper and ink. I will run Precision Color ink after that until the printer wears out and I am done with Canon forever..

As bad as Some say Sony support can be. I had them honor an expired warranty and then warranty the whole camera another 6 months after the repair. And they did say they were sorry the camera had failed.

When you get two support people and a supervisor who all argue, never say sorry for the mistake on their site, and tell you it never happened. That is a company training and policy. I will spend my money with a company that values the customer.

-

I think your story needs to include the fact that the last time Slickdeals actually promoted ANY deal for Canon glossy photo paper in the 8.5x11" size was in November 2016.

Slickdeals search for "Canon glossy"

2016-11-14 Slickdeals post for Canon glossy paper in a letter size

Perhaps you should have noticed *that* on the deal site before you convinced yourself that this long-expired deal *had* to be legit in-the-now, despite conflicting evidence between a banner ad and no sign of the deal at checkout. Perhaps the fact the deal site was promising $8/pack vs. the $16/pack of your screen-capture should have been another clue.

(One more clue to you: as a person who has milked several of these Canon paper deals... it does show up in the checkout, as it should. *That's* the point where a purchase contract is formed. Helpful to know for your next purchase of anything.)

But seriously... you're expending a stupendous amount of effort at hating on a company... for paying a whopping (retail normal) $8-$16 of expenditure for a pack of low-end photo paper, instead of catching a super steal.

Most people would merely go "shucks" at missing a steal, and only getting what they paid for.

So do you understand how hysterical and silly you sound?

Possibly on the other end, "First and Last Customer Support Job Ever - Terrible Customers".

RalfE wrote:

Besides the overdone complaining efforts about the paper deal: What is actually bad about the printer which would justify the never buy a Canon printer again?

Such logic is pretty childish, choosing a printer based on unhappiness about an outdated link for a printer paper sale.

Bad things happens at every company. If you follow all complains from someone, you should avoid everything and best move behind some stone deep in the forest. May sound a bit harsh but in your case I don't see any issue Canon has done. The site was not available from normal navigation and checkout page showed correctly what you getting. So where is your point?

People seem sometimes to believe that thelr level of disappointment at not getting a price they think they should makes it wrong that they aren't entitled to that price.

K E Hoffman wrote:

huksywolf wrote:

I understand that it would cost little for Canon sales to honor it and thanks you for showing them the old pages are still lingering around.

But it's not worthy to make too much fuss on this issue; move on.

That could be said about most of the threads on this site. 1/4 stop noise etc Compressed RAW etc. .

Properly trained support people is my personal hot button

Thanks for acknowledging they could have been more professional.. which ultimately is the point. At some point Canon may get a chance to redeem itself. but today they are in my bad customer service dog house

I think this is much ado about very little, and I'd like to hear the version from the other end. But I do think that possibly - POSSIBLY - they should have honored the deal and then made a point to remove the link if it was theirs to remove.

K E Hoffman

User0023845795 wrote:

Hoo boy. So I contacted Canon via their chat just out of curiosity, and I'm ending up filing a complaint with the AG's office! Over $30 worth of ink. (Yes, not worth my time, I know. But I really don't like it when big companies treat their customers poorly.)

And I would say they were definitely rude, and borderline hostile.

At first I just asked, is there any way the free paper could be shipped *later* if it comes back in stock? "Jasmine's" answer was:

If the gift should become available, it will not be shipped at a later date.

Okay, then. That sounds like their final answer.

Then I asked "So why does it still say 'Get FREE (in caps) Paper" if Canon knows it's out of stock?"

Jasmine immediately showed me the text of the popup message that nobody would even know was there, as if she gets this complaint a dozen times a day:

"Thank you for your patience. The promotion is valid through October 31 and while supplies last, as the promotional below shows: (NOTE: It's not in bold in the popup message.)

Receive a FREE Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack when you spend $30 or more on Professional Ink - Offer valid October 16, 2017 12:00 a.m. through October 31, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. The Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack includes the following, 1 Pack of LU-101 13X19 50 Sheets, 2 Packs of SG-201_13x19 50 Sheets and 2 Packs of PRO Paper Sampler Package.Availability of certain items may be limited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability.Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 or the only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer excludes PFI Pro Series Inks and Maintenance Cartridges. Offer subject to Terms of Sale."

I told jasmine yes, I saw that, but nobody looks at that popup window. Her answer?

"It is available to view at all times."

No jasmine, it's NOT. Someone has to guess it's there and click on it, because there's nothing that shows there's anything clickable.

I also told her that if Canon **knows** the paper is out of stock, it shouldn't display the FREE (in caps) offer on the ink's page. That it's like putting up a sign in a window that says "Sale", and when people come in for the sale item, telling them "it's out of stock, but you can buy this one instead."

She "thanked" me for my feedback, and asked if there was anything ELSE she could help me with.

At this point I was a bit miffed at the curt treatment I received over what feels just like a bait & switch, so I told her no, there isn't anything ELSE, because she hasn't helped me with ANYTHING.

And there are walking doormats on this site that think that's OK and you should do nothing to CHANGE bad service.  You hit the nail on the head.  There are rules stores have to follow about advertising and honoring advertising.  Hiding the fine print and assuming a new customer would even know that the missing paper in the cart is a problem (vs assuming the site takes care of the gift) is sloppy design and leads to bad customer service incidents.

Moral of the story.. unless the Canon Web Store is doing a really good deal.  Buy your supplies from a competent retailer like B&H or Amazon.

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a6500 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
K E Hoffman
Re: Possibly

Midwest wrote:

DtEW wrote:

K E Hoffman wrote:

This comes under the heading of should you consider customer support when buying a printer or other gear... Yes.

A week ago was a happy NEW Canon customer. I bypassed Epson and got the Canon based in not only price but some videos about the print quality I saw. I had an old HP B9180 that the no longer make ink for etc... (When I had it and it had a problem they shipped a replacement overnight... That is support)

One call to customer support at Canon's online store and I can tell you my next photo-printer will be an Epson. (I use them for my office printers)

Do I really want to be a customer when they would prefer to argue with me, tell me what happened was impossible etc. vs apologize and find an amicable solution to a problem their website management caused or at least once say "I'm sorry our site created this confusion."

What happened:

So last week I was getting ink for my new Canon Pro 10 printer. Not a bad deal with the rebate. Canon has run a couple of really nice deals on 13x19 paper if you buy $30 in ink. I have 5 boxes of 13x19 paper that were free after two ink orders. Probably more 13x19 than I will use in a year or two. so when Slickdeals linked to Canon's site for a Buy 1 get 9 deal on small 20 packs of Letter Gloss paper.. I didn't seem unusual.

It was high gloss which I didn't have and people like. Buy one get Nine free. So I get it, but unlike the other deals I don't see the extra paper listed in the cart. But it says on the order page. " If you need more than 10, contact us. " BestBuy does that sometimes.

But since the cart wasn't doing the advertised deal. I took a screen cap of everything so it had my clock on the task bar etc.

Sure enough box shows up with one pack of paper.. and at normal prices I would probably go to Red River..

Chat Support keeps telling me "it wasn't our site" which it was.

Phone support helps us get where the problem was... buried in the URL at the top of the page... no where on the page itself.. is https://shop.usa.canon.com/.../cyber-monday-in-november/ didn't see that and not one place on the page did it say November.. or even Cyber Monday which we all know companies do Cyber Monday sales all the time.

But now we know what the problem was. Someone left a sale page live on their site someone found it and reported it on Slick Deals So a good support system would own up, apologize for the confusion and offer a compromise of some kind to make up for their mistake.

Three Canon Support people told me:

• Not on our site:
  • That's an old ad on someone else's site
  • If you click a link that's the problem you can't expect us to be responsible if you clicked a link. (she clearly doesn't understand the Internet)
  • I was told "we are not responsible for a cached site." I wasn't cached it was live page on their site... I have screen cap to show it.
  • "I don't have to do ANYTHING for you based on a technicality"
  • No one ever asked to see the screen capture.
  • No one ever said I am sorry if a site glitch mis-lead you
  • No one acted like a Canon customer has much value to them. Denying blame and winning the argument were most important. One them might be President someday

After we found the URL good process is "can I send you one extra pack or something." would have totally diffused the situation. HecK Amazon would ship the nine paper packs but few companies are as pro-customer as Amazon is.

Keep in mind Amazon once sent me a New Generator when the one they shipped before had been and open box, but sold new, never once suggested I prove the one I got was an Open box. Then told me to keep both. They also when a sowing machine we needed for the weekend was missed shipped gave us $100 credit to cover the cost of buying it locally so we could make a deadline. Amazon rocks and its why I spend thousands with them over the years.

So its sad to see a company that clearly has no policy to work with the customer when mistakes were made. It was like a politician telling you they never said something you have them on video saying.

So I will use the printer and the paper and ink. I will run Precision Color ink after that until the printer wears out and I am done with Canon forever..

As bad as Some say Sony support can be. I had them honor an expired warranty and then warranty the whole camera another 6 months after the repair. And they did say they were sorry the camera had failed.

When you get two support people and a supervisor who all argue, never say sorry for the mistake on their site, and tell you it never happened. That is a company training and policy. I will spend my money with a company that values the customer.

-

I think your story needs to include the fact that the last time Slickdeals actually promoted ANY deal for Canon glossy photo paper in the 8.5x11" size was in November 2016.

Slickdeals search for "Canon glossy"

2016-11-14 Slickdeals post for Canon glossy paper in a letter size

Perhaps you should have noticed *that* on the deal site before you convinced yourself that this long-expired deal *had* to be legit in-the-now, despite conflicting evidence between a banner ad and no sign of the deal at checkout. Perhaps the fact the deal site was promising $8/pack vs. the $16/pack of your screen-capture should have been another clue.

(One more clue to you: as a person who has milked several of these Canon paper deals... it does show up in the checkout, as it should. *That's* the point where a purchase contract is formed. Helpful to know for your next purchase of anything.)

But seriously... you're expending a stupendous amount of effort at hating on a company... for paying a whopping (retail normal) $8-$16 of expenditure for a pack of low-end photo paper, instead of catching a super steal.

Most people would merely go "shucks" at missing a steal, and only getting what they paid for.

So do you understand how hysterical and silly you sound?

Possibly on the other end, "First and Last Customer Support Job Ever - Terrible Customers".

17,000 customers in 7 years doing tech support at Microsoft.  Only once did I meet a customer too upset that listening and apologizing for the problems they were having didn't put me in a place work with me to solve their problem.

Unlike you I have been on both sides and Canon Web Store Support has ZERO training in customer service.  Probably don't pay the people well enough for the calls the sloppy site generates either.

If you think maturity is being a DOORMAT for any business that wants to treat you poorly enjoy that.  I give money to companies that treat me with respect and value their word even accidental word.

-- hide signature --

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,189
Re: Whenever someone reports a terrible customer support experience...

Charles2 wrote:

Whenever someone reports a terrible customer support experience on this website, a large portion of the replies always look for an excuse for the corporation, tell the OP to get over it, etc.

Or whenever someone with actual experience provides that actual experience to dismiss a recommendation of someone with NO experience blaming that person's bad experience on that customer, NOT the lab as they should have.

Sad some can't follow that tactic as seen below:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59028453

And shills:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59276325

Maybe there is some pleasure in identifying as the CEO of a major company or at least as one of his top sycophants.

Based on the reports here, Canon printers has a terrible customer support unit. Even if the customer is a jerk (and I've dealt with them when I was on the vendor side of things), you do not insult him, you try to resolve the problem. In this case, that could have been an offer to refund the price of the one pack of paper if the customer did not want to buy it alone.

The photo printer corps know they are on top. I discovered that Epson support is equally dense and equally uninterested in learning about a problem with their product or merchandising operation; at least they were not at all nasty as this report indicates about Canon.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something". -Plato

Fools make recommendations without experience and get called out doing so.....

-- hide signature --

Andrew Rodney
Author: Color Management for Photographers
The Digital Dog
http://www.digitaldog.net

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads