The power of editing software example

Started Sep 23, 2017 | Discussions
vaughanB
vaughanB Senior Member • Posts: 2,826
The power of editing software example

I do freelance vehicle photography and have just started, basically I shoot 12 images per car, dozens of cars per day and upload them to my employer who loads them onto dealer websites

Anyways, I missed one side shot on Wednesday, I returned and the vehicle had been moved, I sent it in and it was used, here is what they did (dealers name cropped out).....clever huuuh

vaughanB's gear list:vaughanB's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR II
Donald B
Donald B Veteran Member • Posts: 9,748
Re: The power of editing software example

Very well done, they even cloned in the bushes behind the windows, got more patient's than me.

Don

-- hide signature --

Olympus EM5, EM5mk2 my toys.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1

fishy wishy
fishy wishy Veteran Member • Posts: 7,935

if they can do things like that I don't know why they don't just take the photos too.

vaughanB
OP vaughanB Senior Member • Posts: 2,826

fishy wishy wrote:

if they can do things like that I don't know why they don't just take the photos too.

The head office is 400 miles from me, they still need somebody local to take the shots, they don't generally edit my photographs apart from the main shot which has the dealers background dropped in like this, 12 shots per vehicle, this was an exception

-- hide signature --

Freelance Automobile Photographer

vaughanB's gear list:vaughanB's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR II
Doug J Veteran Member • Posts: 9,793

Very good job in editing. Not only did the person get the bushes through the windows right, the shadows look good as well. He/she should join the retouching forum hereย 

Cheers,
Doug

rurikw Senior Member • Posts: 1,764

Splendid job. I tried to extract a Volga yesterday. A hellish chore and the view through windows was too much.  Got to learn some new tricks.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads