Flash for Sony A77ii

Started Sep 19, 2017 | Questions
Blaster34
Blaster34 Regular Member • Posts: 129
Flash for Sony A77ii

Looking to purchase an all around flash for my Sony A77ii primarily for travel and general photography. Looking at both Sony & third party flashes.  Not looking to spend a wallet-full (< $200) but would like one that is compatible with both my A77 & and my A6300, if that's available.  I've been researching Nissin, Godox, Metz and a few others. Sony prices are up there compared to some apparently quality third party options.  So many options, so many choices and yes, I understand use will determine the selection.  Would anyone recommend the Nissin Di866 Mk II as an option?   Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Blaster34's gear list:Blaster34's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6
ANSWER:
Sony a6300 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 11,130
Re: Flash for Sony A77ii

Godox TT685s. Affordable; good user testimonials; and it provides entry into the advanced and versatile Godox flash system.

StevoPhilo Regular Member • Posts: 183

sybersitizen wrote:

Godox TT685s. Affordable; good user testimonials; and it provides entry into the advanced and versatile Godox flash system.

I'd second that. Or the Godox TT860. The menus are a little more complex, but it's still a good flash.

StevoPhilo's gear list:StevoPhilo's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +11 more
Blaster34
OP Blaster34 Regular Member • Posts: 129

Thanks, appreciate the recommendations.....the Godox, either model, is looking better & better and seems to cover all bases, especially in the price range for features.

MikeInOr
MikeInOr Contributing Member • Posts: 892

I have a Metz 52 and Metz 58.  Both excellent flashes and both work well as off camera slaves with the built in flash as a master.  I purchased them before Godex had a good selection of Sony flashes.  Looking at the Godex flashes with the built in radio triggers and the new X-pro command module the Godex flashes are very tempting!

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 20mm F2.8 +6 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Blaster34
OP Blaster34 Regular Member • Posts: 129

Tanks Mike, I've decided to go with the Godex, lots of good reviews and falls within the budget I have...appreciate the info

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads