Travel Camera for Taking Picture

Started Sep 14, 2017 | Discussions
astroboy23 New Member • Posts: 7
Travel Camera for Taking Picture

Hi,

I bought Olympus EM1 Mark 2 early this year, mainly for video, and taking picture as well.

But sometimes, it's a bit difficult to change setting to take picture while I'm taking video.

So I'm planning to get another camera for my wife, so she can take picture as well while im taking video footage.

I used to own Sony RX100 M3 and really loved it.

I was planning to get Fuji XE for my wife, but then I thought maybe too big.

Sony RX100 M5 is really the camera that I'm looking for but price is just too expensive for me for 2nd camera.

Which comes to Canon G7x Mark 2, is this could be the right camera for my needs?

Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus E-M1 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RSSrsvp Veteran Member • Posts: 3,227
Re: Travel Camera for Taking Picture

astroboy23 wrote:

Hi,

I bought Olympus EM1 Mark 2 early this year, mainly for video, and taking picture as well.

But sometimes, it's a bit difficult to change setting to take picture while I'm taking video.

So I'm planning to get another camera for my wife, so she can take picture as well while im taking video footage.

Sony RX100 M5 is really the camera that I'm looking for but price is just too expensive for me for 2nd camera.

Which comes to Canon G7x Mark 2, is this could be the right camera for my needs?

Why not get the E-M10 Mark ll for your wife and share your m43 lenses? The prices on the E-M10 Mark ll will start to drop as the Mark lll has been announced so you should get a good deal. It will be lightweight and the perfect size for her plus you are already familiar with the Oly menus and can help her with the settings.  

RSSrsvp's gear list:RSSrsvp's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
KCook
KCook Forum Pro • Posts: 16,448

It's the Fuji lenses that are kind of big, not so much the X-E2/3 body.  Fuji does have a couple of low profile primes, the 18mm f/2 and 27mm f/2.8, but no low profile zooms.

Fair point about sharing M4/3 lenses with a more compact M4/3 body.  The Oly E-M10(ii) is petite, in spite of the SLR form factor.  And Panny has their GM5 and GX80/85 that compare loosely to the Fuji X-E models, but with smaller lenses, prime and zoom.

Sorry, I've never tried a Canon G7 X or any other recent compact.

Kelly Cook

KCook's gear list:KCook's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Olympus PEN E-P5
Tobamory Senior Member • Posts: 1,090

Lumix TZ100

I ad the RX100 MK3 too TZ its basically same but with 200+ of reach....

Sonys are nice though

Tobamory's gear list:Tobamory's gear list
Sony a7R III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +4 more
beagle1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,227

astroboy23 wrote:

Hi,

could be .........  but interchangeable lens on a camera is nice

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads