Finally pulled the trigger on a x-t20

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Carluzky111 Regular Member • Posts: 202
Finally pulled the trigger on a x-t20

No text.

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP Carluzky111 Regular Member • Posts: 202
Re: Finally pulled the trigger on a x-t20

Oops , pressed the return button without writing any content , but here I am with a used x-t20 silver , I would like to believe I paid a fair price , $680 for the body , excellent condition not a nick or scratch , full usa warranty (camera was purchased on April from a Fuji dealer , anybody knows how long is the warranty ?)  what do you guys think ?

Now i am debating between the 23mm or the 35mm, I shoot mostly family stuff , I just can't wait to get my hands on any of them

deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 7,897

Carluzky111 wrote:

Yes??

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
bonesetter Regular Member • Posts: 195

23 is the more versatile

I found the 35 (1.4) to take a very nice image, but boy do you need to get back a bit

bonesetter's gear list:bonesetter's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +7 more
Solomon
Solomon Senior Member • Posts: 2,008

Carluzky111 wrote:

Now i am debating between the 23mm or the 35mm, I shoot mostly family stuff , I just can't wait to get my hands on any of them

Congratulations Carl. I've got the 27mm pancake and the 35mm f/2. I'm going to sell the 35mm because I just don't use it enough. So my council would be to get the 23mm. First, anyway. Let's be honest here, you probably won't stop with one lens.

Regards,

Sol

Solomon's gear list:Solomon's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D1X Nikon D2Hs Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E2 +9 more

That is true , I might be adding more and more to my collection. One small issue I have that keeps bothering me , i bought it in the box with everything but when the seller bought it originally from the store it was with the kit 16-55, since then he sold it separately , will I have any issues reselling it down the road (eyeing that x-t2) missing that lens on the box?

Cena Regular Member • Posts: 370

You thought about Zoom 18-55 as a versatile lens giving you some wide angle also. With f-stop f2.8 - f4.0 might be o.k. also for family images where you mostly need more DOF,
anyway.
You might add 35 1.4 (or 2.0) for portrait and available light.
I think this is a good start > with zoom you might also develop an idea which focal length you prefer befor bying another prime.

nonicks Regular Member • Posts: 202

That was a great price for an excellent copy with warranty that is just a few months old! Congrats!

You don't have any problem to sell it without the kit lens in the original box. It always sold like that.

You can easily buy the kit lens back for about $275-$350 range depending on the deal and condition.

The 27mm/2.8  is a good glass but I would spend a little more ( probably $50 more) to spot a 23mm/2.0. If you need WA  and a little more reach and  you have limited budget, get the kit lens as I mentioned. That is a great bargain.

I also recommend to get a grip to improve handling as XT20 is a smaller camera. A cheap one ( about $20) can do the magic if you don't care about that doesn't match the body's texture and look.

Remember to customize the camera to the way you use it, then enjoy your toy! Its an amazing little camera.

Then save up for the 10-24mm and or/50.2 etc in the future.

Congrats and good luck.

nonicks's gear list:nonicks's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more

thank you everyone for your input!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads