X-T2 tripod mount socket screws fell out.

Started Aug 15, 2017 | Discussions
K29er Regular Member • Posts: 201
X-T2 tripod mount socket screws fell out.

I pulled the camera out of the bag yesterday and felt something fall into my hand. It was the last of two tiny screws holding the tripod socket to the body. I regularly use a monopod but didn't notice the mount falling out. How fussy is fuji warranty? If I repair this myself will it cause trouble if I need to send it in for something else later?

K29er's gear list:K29er's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Canon EOS M10 Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Cliff Fujii
Cliff Fujii Veteran Member • Posts: 8,322
Re: X-T2 tripod mount socket screws fell out.

K29er wrote:

I pulled the camera out of the bag yesterday and felt something fall into my hand. It was the last of two tiny screws holding the tripod socket to the body. I regularly use a monopod but didn't notice the mount falling out. How fussy is fuji warranty? If I repair this myself will it cause trouble if I need to send it in for something else later?

It might.  It all depends on what's behind the bottom plate of the camera (like the weather sealing).  Better to be  safe than sorry so I would send it in.  Now would be a good time to have any issues fixed on your camera.  You should test for the compressed RAF issue or the PCB issue.  I personally think a lot of the issues attributed to the circuit board is actually issues dealing with the connectors to the PCB board.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z7 +52 more
BillCPA Regular Member • Posts: 281
Re: X-T2 tripod mount socket screws fell out.

This happened to me on my X-T1 - all the tripod mount screws fell out.  Mine was caused by using my strap attached to the tripod socket when I used the 50-140.  Now, when using the 50-140 I use the monopod attached to the foot.  It cost me over $200 to get fixed not under warranty.  BTW - something else to check - I also had the screws get loose on the camera lens ring .... check those screws as well.

BillCPA's gear list:BillCPA's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Macro
Macro Senior Member • Posts: 2,738
Not the first

This also happens with the X-T1 which has 4 screws.  Now the X-T2 has only 2 screws.

Missing Screws on Tripod Mount

Macro's gear list:Macro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Canon PowerShot G5 X Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 +5 more
Cliff Fujii
Cliff Fujii Veteran Member • Posts: 8,322
Re: Not the first

Macro wrote:

This also happens with the X-T1 which has 4 screws. Now the X-T2 has only 2 screws.

You might try some LockTite, just don't over do it.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z7 +52 more
LudwigDesmet New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Not the first

Cliff Fujii wrote:

Macro wrote:

This also happens with the X-T1 which has 4 screws. Now the X-T2 has only 2 screws.

You might try some LockTite, just don't over do it.

I have just received a set of screws from the Belgian product manager. They seem to have some locktite on them, small blue spot on the thread. I received 4 black and 4 silver screws (they probably didn't know which version I had) It's a bit tricky to have the socket 'block' in the right position to fit the screws, and I also have the impression that some holes in the socket block are different than others. ... I managed to fit two screws on my x100F after some 15 minutes of fiddling all worked out well now

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads