NeoFinder turns out to be a great DAM solution

Started Aug 2, 2017 | Discussions
ski542002 Regular Member • Posts: 178
Re: NeoFinder turns out to be a great DAM solution

Hello: For web gallery functionality, I've used Zenfolio for more than 10 years. https://en.zenfolio.com  It's feature set it well beyond rudimentary and the yearly cost is marginal given it's feature set. You can keep it simple, or build a complete platform complete with e-commerce functionality.  For much of my assignment work, it has become an on-line archive for image files delivered to the client.

ski542002's gear list:ski542002's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +7 more
myotisone Senior Member • Posts: 1,905

ski542002 wrote:

Hello: For web gallery functionality, I've used Zenfolio for more than 10 years. https://en.zenfolio.com It's feature set it well beyond rudimentary and the yearly cost is marginal given it's feature set. You can keep it simple, or build a complete platform complete with e-commerce functionality. For much of my assignment work, it has become an on-line archive for image files delivered to the client.

I don't think this is what the poster who commented on this feature was looking for

It was just a way of exporting from a DAM a ready made HTML page of images to upload to  an existing web site, as is available from Media Pro.

Cheers,

Graham

ski542002 Regular Member • Posts: 178

I believe you are correct but what I have done with Zenfolio is build a quick image gallery in Zenfolio and then embed the link to that gallery either in an email to my client or add it to a webpage as a hyperlink.

One of the benefits is, once the client has the link they can download any image they want or even purchase an image if  these features are enabled by the owner of the site. Very flexible and very reasonably priced.

ski542002's gear list:ski542002's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +7 more
Hans de Zomers Regular Member • Posts: 326

Exactly my thought. The last time that I published my own HTML galleries was around 2008. After switching to SmugMug, I realized that I should’ve done that years earlier.

Hans de Zomers's gear list:Hans de Zomers's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T4i Sony Alpha NEX-3N Canon EOS M50
PeterGuyton.com
PeterGuyton.com Senior Member • Posts: 2,327

robgendreau wrote:

myotisone wrote:

Cogset wrote:

myotisone wrote:

Where did you see that promise? Just curious. I respect Photomechanic and figure they will set a high bar for DAM performance (if they actually finish it!!).

Promise came from Kirk Baker, Senior Software Engineer at Camera bIts, on the Photo Mechanic help forum a couple of weeks ago.

The quote was in response to a question about "PM6 / Catalog" release. The cynic in me interpreted that as PM6. Given they've been working on it supposedly for over 2.5 years maybe. It's still 32bit IIRC as well. http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=10179.0

Nice. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce PM6 at PhotoPlus at end of October.

PeterGuyton.com's gear list:PeterGuyton.com's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +13 more
myotisone Senior Member • Posts: 1,905

ski542002 wrote:

I believe you are correct but what I have done with Zenfolio is build a quick image gallery in Zenfolio and then embed the link to that gallery either in an email to my client or add it to a webpage as a hyperlink.

Ok, I see what you mean, I suppose how useful this is depends on what the OP was looking for.

Cheers,

Graham

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads