TL2 vs T , a few comments, overall impressive

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Dr. Ulrich Rohde Senior Member • Posts: 1,643
TL2 vs T , a few comments, overall impressive

The TL2 of all the Leica cameras has the best exposure meter and with some delay the best AF.

The TL2 with a higher MP of 24 seems a bit noisier and the AF (only)  under poor light less accurate.

One the positive side, the actual dynamic range is vastly improved and the reproduction of details impressive .

Here are some T and TL samples

Dr. Ulrich Rohde's gear list:Dr. Ulrich Rohde's gear list
Leica X Vario Leica X (Typ 113) Leica Q Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III +16 more
Leica TL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 20,834
Re: TL2 vs T , a few comments, overall impressive

Upright, please tell your Leica friends that I, as an enthusiast Leica T user, am very desappointed to not have an integrated EVF while the flash is removed!... I will miss many night street shots With MF lenses...

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +9 more
OP Dr. Ulrich Rohde Senior Member • Posts: 1,643

I agree, but as far as I know it has become a cost issue, therefor I too am stuck with the EVF, which I use on the M 10 and the various T/TL2.

Maybe the next generation T .... ?  Sorry

Leica X Vario Leica X (Typ 113) Leica Q Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III +16 more
Jono Slack
Jono Slack Forum Pro • Posts: 20,358

Nice pictures Ulrich and the details in those yellows really do show off the dynamic range.

all the best

-- hide signature --
 Jono Slack's gear list:Jono Slack's gear list
Leica M9 Leica M-Monochrom Leica T Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica M10 +5 more
l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 20,834

l_objectif wrote:

Upright, please tell your Leica friends that I, as an enthusiast Leica T user, am very desappointed to not have an integrated EVF while the flash is removed!... I will miss many night street shots With MF lenses...

I just noticed the typo on my post! I wrote Ulrich, and not "upright"! LOL

BTW, thanks for the photos; I think I still prefer T!

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +9 more

Not a problem, we all are entitled to a ( typo ) mistake or two. Can always be corrected !

Daedalus2000
Daedalus2000 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,527

Hi Ulrich,

do the colors differ between the two cameras? They look a bit different in your samples here.

Thanks

I am sure that is correct . This was a simple not a scientific lab test. The TL2 is a lovely nice weather camera. Indoors, I would recommend than a lens like the 35/1.4 .

PS: You ever sleep ?

Daedalus2000

Dr. Ulrich Rohde wrote:

I am sure that is correct . This was a simple not a scientific lab test. The TL2 is a lovely nice weather camera. Indoors, I would recommend than a lens like the 35/1.4 .

Thanks, are you saying that indoors the high iso is not good or that the colours are not as nice in low light ?

PS: You ever sleep ?

You got me there, I was hoping noone will notice. A few hours are enough

gets noisy .....

Daedalus2000

Dr. Ulrich Rohde wrote:

gets noisy .....

Got it thanks

Jono Slack
Jono Slack Forum Pro • Posts: 20,358

Daedalus2000 wrote:

Dr. Ulrich Rohde wrote:

gets noisy .....

Got it thanks

it does get noisy . . but not so fast - I've been using 6400 ISO a lot, and it seems to me to be quite usable - good even - (maybe I'm not quite as much of a perfectionist as Ulrich!)

-- hide signature --
 Jono Slack's gear list:Jono Slack's gear list
Leica M9 Leica M-Monochrom Leica T Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica M10 +5 more

No cropping "maybe"   50+ cropping and indoor use "very much". I have looked at many pictures here which look OK, but once you "zoom" in the do look noisy , the M 10 clearly wins.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads