Exactly as advertised!

Started Jul 7, 2017 | User reviews
albatros46 New Member • Posts: 6
Exactly as advertised!

I've been using the Tamron 15-30mm for over a year on both the D610 and the D750 with fantastic results.  I do  a lot of macro photography, but the lack of Depth Of Field (DOF) with macro is discouraging at times.  The VR on the 15-30 Tamron allows you to shoot several stops higher than what you might be shooting with your macro lens, and in doing so it gives you much better DOF.  This is a solid, heavy lens that feels like it belongs on the D750,  The lens seems to stay free of dust and water under many adverse conditions.  I like the plastic lens cover and it has never fallen off.  It is seldom mentioned that it maintains constant aperture throughout the zoom range.    The close-up photography is an added bonus but it was purchased primarily for landscape and astronomical photography.

I own several great lenses but this one seems to be on the camera now more than any of the others.

albatros46's gear list:albatros46's gear list
Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon D40 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +3 more
Tamron SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Wideangle zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sony/Minolta Alpha DT • A012
Announced: Sep 12, 2014
albatros46's score
Average community score
Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Pentax FA 15-30mm F2.8 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356
Re: Exactly as advertised!

albatros46 wrote:

I've been using the Tamron 15-30mm for over a year on both the D610 and the D750 with fantastic results. I do a lot of macro photography, but the lack of Depth Of Field (DOF) with macro is discouraging at times. The VR on the 15-30 Tamron allows you to shoot several stops higher than what you might be shooting with your macro lens, and in doing so it gives you much better DOF. This is a solid, heavy lens that feels like it belongs on the D750, The lens seems to stay free of dust and water under many adverse conditions. I like the plastic lens cover and it has never fallen off. It is seldom mentioned that it maintains constant aperture throughout the zoom range. The close-up photography is an added bonus but it was purchased primarily for landscape and astronomical photography.

I own several great lenses but this one seems to be on the camera now more than any of the others.

Did you get filter holder and filters yet?

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

OP albatros46 New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Exactly as advertised!

No, I haven't purchased a lens filter adapter or any filters for this lens yet.  I probably won't for a while just because the combined cost for the adapter and filters is over my head a little at the moment.

I would eventually like to be able to use a polarizer and maybe an ND filter at some time in the future though.

albatros46's gear list:albatros46's gear list
Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon D40 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads