Best lens cleaning Kit/method around?

Started Jun 29, 2017 | Discussions
Mad Darsh
Mad Darsh Regular Member • Posts: 264
Best lens cleaning Kit/method around?

Hello,

i'm just looking forward to update my sheep cleaning methods to prepare myself for the new expensive upcoming princess Sigma 14mm f1.8.

tried to find some good tools at Amazon and found some good deals at $10

https://www.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-Professional-Sensitive-Electronics/dp/B0098QH2BC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1498769479&sr=8-4&keywords=Lens+Cleaning

but when i moved to the "One star reviews" i found horrible reviews!

also the official Nikon lens pen had such horrible reviews as well.

so , based on your personal experience do you have any advice for more Professional results without purchasing some poorly made staff and trying over and over.

i would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance

Seedeich Senior Member • Posts: 2,819
Brush and microfiber cloth - no SNAKE OIL
  1. Rocket Blaster and / or soft lens brush to remove dust and other particles that might scratch the lens.
  2. Fine microfiber cloth (those from the supermarket for glass and mirrors are fine) and your own breath to wipe stains off the glass if needed. Only use little pressure and don’t rub too much.

That’s it.

No ergonomic, durable, spring-loaded, comfortable, lightweight, powerful, oversize and Original Premium Magic SNAKE OIL is needed.
(Just read the rubbish, they write)

Mad Darsh
OP Mad Darsh Regular Member • Posts: 264
Re: Brush and microfiber cloth - no SNAKE OIL

Thanks a lot Seedeich ,

i was thinking about buying Pen lens by Lenspen

it comes in a kit contains 3 different pen size

https://www.amazon.com/LensPen-DSLR-Camera-Cleaning-NDSLRK-1/dp/B0081ER9KG/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498773660&sr=1-3&keywords=lens+pen

is it really worth it?

Seedeich Senior Member • Posts: 2,819

I’ve never tried a lenspen, but I wonder what happens to the dirt, that the pen collects - or whatever it does with the dirt.

I really prefer the my simple transparent method, which I’ve used successfully for decades.

Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 14,435

Seedeich wrote:

1. Rocket Blaster and / or soft lens brush to remove dust and other particles that might scratch the lens.
  2. Fine microfiber cloth (those from the supermarket for glass and mirrors are fine) and your own breath to wipe stains off the glass if needed. Only use little pressure and don’t rub too much.

That’s it.

No ergonomic, durable, spring-loaded, comfortable, lightweight, powerful, oversize and Original Premium Magic SNAKE OIL is needed.
(Just read the rubbish, they write)

+1 on blower plus breath and microfiber cloth.

I had a brush but found that after a few uses it tended start smearing junk, not removing it.

I use disposable microfiber cloths like these.

Disposable MICROFIBER cloth Eyeglass Cleaning Camera LCD Screen Sunglass

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
overniteman
overniteman Senior Member • Posts: 1,175
lens cleaning

A smidge of ROR and some lens tissue. Both found on Amazon.

Really does a nice job.

Michigan Sandman
Michigan Sandman Regular Member • Posts: 318
Re: Best lens cleaning Kit/method around?

I have found a bulb type blower, the brush end of a lens pen, a micro fiber cloth, and a small amount of ROR put on the micro fiber cloth usually works wonders.

Michigan Sandman's gear list:Michigan Sandman's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Nikon D3X Nikon D3S Nikon D4 +70 more
Mad Darsh
OP Mad Darsh Regular Member • Posts: 264
Re: Best lens cleaning Kit/method around?

Thanks everyone

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads