Art Filter Therapy: A photo trip to Lanzarote with 5 models and no need to post-process

Started Jun 18, 2017 | Discussions
acahaya
OP acahaya Senior Member • Posts: 1,174
Re: Images set 1

superstar905 wrote:

Skeeterbytes wrote:

photohounds wrote:

Great shots mate.

I have mucked around with the Art Filters a bit.
DId you know you can delete all but your favourite filters and then "Art Filter bracket", making one image with each filter for each shutter press?

Good for where you're a bit unsure what will work best or want multiple effects straight out of camera.

Yup, Art filter bracketing gives the opportunity to both exploit any subset of one's choosing with a single button press, and can help guide post processing strategy when one just doesn't know where an image might best head when considering treatments. So long as the camera is set to RAW when you select Art on the mode dial, you also get a RAW file along with your treated jpegs.

The penalty is the time required for the camera to process and store the various images. Don't bother with the continuous drive modes.

Anyway, intriguing set and amazing location.

Cheers,

Rick

I didn't know this. Can you expand on what this is? For example, I noticed that I can apply a green, yellow, or red filter to my monochrome shots, but not clear on how to use these or when they best apply. Does this mean I can take a photo with all the filters and decide after the shoot which was most appropriate in camera?

you can define a set of art filters for art filter bracketing OR you can take an image (JPG+RAW) and then re-develop it in the camera (press OK and then choose the option to develop from the RAW image) with different settings, for example monochrome with different colour filters. But there is no bracketing to apply different image styles like vivid, portrait or muted.

Sabine

acahaya's gear list:acahaya's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II
Agius FOTO
Agius FOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,344

That is awesome! Unfortunately I have to return my Pen f as it's defective, but will be buying it again.

-- hide signature --

My flickr account.....in its infancy as of March 2015. Feel free to comment!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130003647@N03/

Agius FOTO's gear list:Agius FOTO's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Jeff4500
Jeff4500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,693
Re: Art Filter Therapy: A photo trip to Lanzarote with 5 models and no need to post-process

You're welcome!

Who says that this is forum for gearheads only, eh??

Many "artists" spend their lives rebelling under the yoke of stereotypical views imposed by their professional interest. Engineers, like myself, aren't supposed to have an ounce of creativity as they follow the Handbooks. Everyone knows that.

By the way, I also enjoyed your Photography Art Blog especially this page:

http://035c417.netsolhost.com/WordPress/category/a-photography-art-blog/page/3/

And I skimmed over some of your earlier work since I used to do some of that stuff --- before my retirement from "real" work into photography, etc, 20 years ago.

Good stuff.

I see we have a similar point of view, https://brtthome.com/making-pictures/ . My deceased wife was an art consultant and I have been in many galleries from Toronto to Carmel, and in places like the Weston Gallery never once did I hear a discussion of FF vs M43 vs whatever. Your images clearly have a point of view and a range of light (thank you Mr. Adams) and I enjoyed looking at your work never once wondering if shutter shock or ISO 25 million was needed.

As a left/right brained person (taught statistic and marketing in several MBA programs), been lucky in that I owned firms sinces the mid 80's and got to do what I want, often it was video or photography. So I never felt "starved" for creative opportunities. It's why I like Behance, lots of real artists (some old, some young) and its a creative boost each day to look at the new work.

Glad you liked my stuff.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
acahaya

superstar905 wrote:

That is awesome! Unfortunately I have to return my Pen f as it's defective, but will be buying it again.

let me guess: you installed FW 2.0 and now your cam is freezing and / or getting hot?

There are some topics here on dpr explaining how to downgrade using lightsnowdev.

-- hide signature --

acahaya
Re: Images set 3

here are some more images using the different Pinole flavors

art filer Pinhole I

Art Filter Pinhole II

Art filter Pinhole I

Art Filter Pinhole I

Art Filter Pinhole III

Agius FOTO
Agius FOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,344

acahaya wrote:

superstar905 wrote:

let me guess: you installed FW 2.0 and now your cam is freezing and / or getting hot?

There are some topics here on dpr explaining how to downgrade using lightsnowdev.

Hi. It was defective due to the touch screen not responding to touch.

-- hide signature --

My flickr account.....in its infancy as of March 2015. Feel free to comment!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130003647@N03/

Agius FOTO's gear list:Agius FOTO's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads