Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Started Jun 18, 2017 | Discussions
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses
60

Devonport, Auckland, 17. June 2017

Winter is a funny time of the year here in Auckland (that's in New Zealand and NOT Australia!!) I dropped off my partner at the ferry and thought for a moment whether or not to drive up to Mt Victoria, a 60+ second detour on the way home. In the end I stayed for almost 3 hours chatting with the usual crowd of local and international photographers who usually somehow seem to find their way up there.

I live 5 minutes away, provided I have enough fule in the tank and the right amount of enthusiasm, you know what it's like when this is right there under your nose, you more often than not, give it a miss

Good camera that ...

Deed

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Pepyn Contributing Member • Posts: 930
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses
1

deednets wrote:

Devonport, Auckland, 17. June 2017

Winter is a funny time of the year here in Auckland (that's in New Zealand and NOT Australia!!) I dropped off my partner at the ferry and thought for a moment whether or not to drive up to Mt Victoria, a 60+ second detour on the way home. In the end I stayed for almost 3 hours chatting with the usual crowd of local and international photographers who usually somehow seem to find their way up there.

I live 5 minutes away, provided I have enough fule in the tank and the right amount of enthusiasm, you know what it's like when this is right there under your nose, you more often than not, give it a miss

Good camera that ...

Deed

Nice shots from across the Tasman Sea, noting that Auckland, or the place where Auckland is now built, did used to be part of Australia when they were still joined  We let you drift of to become one of the most stunning places on earth.

Shot #3 is a real standout, that's one for the portfolio in my opinion.

 Pepyn's gear list:Pepyn's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +8 more
Pete Silver
Pete Silver Contributing Member • Posts: 691
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Excellent images.

-- hide signature --

Pete Silver

 Pete Silver's gear list:Pete Silver's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
OP deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses
2

Pepyn wrote:

Nice shots from across the Tasman Sea, noting that Auckland, or the place where Auckland is now built, did used to be part of Australia when they were still joined We let you drift of to become one of the most stunning places on earth.

Shot #3 is a real standout, that's one for the portfolio in my opinion.

I should have mentioned that I originally took those shots in OZ, then photo-shopped them beyond recognition, changed the EXIF data and got a divorce.

I guess the main thing we are all gaga-happy and enjoy the (roughly) 2.400km distance between each other's residences

Note: it was Australia that drifted away, I have some dodgy maps to support his ... somewhere.

Deed

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
Vic Chapman Veteran Member • Posts: 8,914
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Excellent scenics, bags of atmosphere.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan. Writer, comedian, poet, Goon. 1918 - 2002

 Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 +12 more
JakeInChicago
JakeInChicago Regular Member • Posts: 305
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Wow wow wow! 

My favorites are 2 and 3, with maybe the prize going to 3 just because it's so myst-erious.

 JakeInChicago's gear list:JakeInChicago's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +5 more
OP deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Vic Chapman wrote:

Excellent scenics, bags of atmosphere.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan. Writer, comedian, poet, Goon. 1918 - 2002

Mind you there isn't a lot of "foliage" in it so one might just get away with it!!

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
v30 Contributing Member • Posts: 501
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Excellent!

Lettermanian
Lettermanian Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

I'm fairly certain this is a shot of The Lonely Mountain and Laketown. Getting out my Hobbit-map to check...

#iseewhatiwanttosee

Very nice pics

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

 Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic G85 Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
FrankB2 Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Very nice.

-- hide signature --

My photo blog: www.frankbaiamonte.com

Joachim Gerstl
Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 7,673
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Beautiful! The third image is stunning.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
McCoy86
McCoy86 Regular Member • Posts: 175
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Beautiful!  As others mentioned #2 and #3 stand out, with an emphasis on #3.

-- hide signature --

-Monty

 McCoy86's gear list:McCoy86's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +3 more
OP deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

McCoy86 wrote:

Beautiful! As others mentioned #2 and #3 stand out, with an emphasis on #3.

-- hide signature --

-Monty

Thank you! I thought at first I should maybe only post one or 2 images, but wanted to get this into context of "what-else-was-going-on" ...

Deed

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 6,138
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses
1

Nice images Deed.  Here in South Australia where I live  (not NZ  ), the layered fogs like these are usually fleeting and I rarely get the chance to try such atmospheric images.

Regards, Rod

 Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +10 more
OP deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Rod McD wrote:

Nice images Deed. Here in South Australia where I live (not NZ ), the layered fogs like these are usually fleeting and I rarely get the chance to try such atmospheric images.

Regards, Rod

Here in Auckland the really never happen (often enough that is!!), ibut I only live 5 minutes drive in my rather turbo charged VW away. Devonport is where I do my shopping, my bank is there, cafés, restaurants, a ferry and some colonial architecture. We have out own ferry from bayswater during the week they are frequent enough but on the WE the first one leaves at 9:00am, hence my travels to Devonport.

You are in Adelaide?? Or thereabouts?? Drinking wine all day??

Deed

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
Lawrence Fleischer Regular Member • Posts: 186
Re: Foggy morning with X-T20 and 3 lenses

Wow.  These are wonderful shots. Congratulations!

 Lawrence Fleischer's gear list:Lawrence Fleischer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
HB1969 Senior Member • Posts: 1,263
Awsome images!

I've always thought of NZ as part of Australia ... just kidding

I often think of NZ as a second home, a relative moved there about 20 yrs ago so we visit quite often.

 HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +8 more
OP deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Re: Awsome images!

HB1969 wrote:

I've always thought of NZ as part of Australia ... just kidding

I often think of NZ as a second home, a relative moved there about 20 yrs ago so we visit quite often.

Well I guess you are demi-right as the main banks are owned by OZ and I believe Russell Crowe is an Aussie too, like Sam Neill or Crowded House.

"Don't mention the ... pav, right??"

All good fun!! I wasn't born in neither and spent some years trying to decide where in OZ I wanted to plant my wee tent, but then I liked NZ better (come to think of it the Aussies never really wanted me might have had something to do with it also )

Deed

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
HB1969 Senior Member • Posts: 1,263
Re: Awsome images!

deednets wrote:

HB1969 wrote:

I've always thought of NZ as part of Australia ... just kidding

I often think of NZ as a second home, a relative moved there about 20 yrs ago so we visit quite often.

Well I guess you are demi-right as the main banks are owned by OZ and I believe Russell Crowe is an Aussie too, like Sam Neill or Crowded House.

You can keep Russell but Sam Neill and Crowded House are definely ours along with the late-great John Clarke

Can we claim Fight of the Concords too? I don't think they've ever lived in Australia but I definely vote for claiming them as one of our own

"Don't mention the ... pav, right??"

Blasphemer! Pav is definitely ours! The earliest record to a NZ pavlova is for a layered jelly, not the light and airy meringue

All good fun!!

Yes it is

I wasn't born in neither and spent some years trying to decide where in OZ I wanted to plant my wee tent, but then I liked NZ better (come to think of it the Aussies never really wanted me might have had something to do with it also )

Deed

 HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +8 more
OP deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,039
Re: Awsome images!

HB1969 wrote:

deednets wrote:

HB1969 wrote:

I've always thought of NZ as part of Australia ... just kidding

I often think of NZ as a second home, a relative moved there about 20 yrs ago so we visit quite often.

Well I guess you are demi-right as the main banks are owned by OZ and I believe Russell Crowe is an Aussie too, like Sam Neill or Crowded House.

You can keep Russell but Sam Neill and Crowded House are definely ours along with the late-great John Clarke

Can we claim Fight of the Concords too? I don't think they've ever lived in Australia but I definely vote for claiming them as one of our own

"Don't mention the ... pav, right??"

Blasphemer! Pav is definitely ours! The earliest record to a NZ pavlova is for a layered jelly, not the light and airy meringue

All good fun!! I wasn't born in neither and spent some years trying to decide where in OZ I wanted to plant my wee tent, but then I liked NZ better (come to think of it the Aussies never really wanted me might have had something to do with it also )

Deed

I can easily find out where you live, buddy

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-11897482

A neutral source maybe?? Thrown in the mix?? But then: those are Brexitters, so what do they know??

Not easy aye??

And regarding the Conchords: they might have had the odd live feed to some of your goggle-boxes, but that is about it. (was that all now?? Should I mention Rugby?? ... *ponders*)

Deed

 deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads